Thread: Rev counter sticking

Rides

Rev counter sticking

I used my car shortly before I sent the ECU off to you guys to have the Stage 1a chip fitted (UK Model S14a). All was well. Since fitting the chip, the rev counter sticks at exactly 3000rpm when travelling up (then jumps up to 3300~ and continues as normal but sticks again somewhere at the top end of the rev range). Then on the way back down, it passes 3300~ and jumps down to 3000 holds there and then jumps down again once the revs reach around 2500. Is this just perfectly bad timing with the Rev counter failing or could there be an issue since the chip was fitted?

Thanks.

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Have a search dude. Common issue with 14 clocks. Think the fix for it is in the S14 tech thread list actually. It needs a bit of soldering

Rides
    Hi Ste - yeah I'm aware it's a common issue, I just wanted to make sure I asked the question here before pulling the clocks and having the mechanical parts replaced only to find out it 'could' be an issue from ECU wizardry.

Rides
    Sorry for not replying - I've neglected the SXOC forums for a while

You don't need to replace anything usually - just resolder the electronics in the clocks.

Let me know if we can still help and I'll get back to you promptly