Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zenki rescue.

Rides
    Nice one

Rides
    Glad it's sorted dude, I asked about the jdm ecu as they don't need nats to run, which would have explained the cas still having power I think I had 6 months of mine not starting so I was fairly empathetic!

Rides
    My starter is being a tit.

It works perfectly but isnt engaging the flywheel. Its not an electrical fault. Tested outside the car and wired up to the car the solenoid works the motor spins and the gear moves forward. The solonoid is strong as any i have ever seen. tried to push the gear in with current through it and its absoloutely solid.

Tried putting it in 5th and moving it a bit to see if that moved flywheel and let it engage. no joy.

Shim between gearbox and motor is in place. correct bolts. correct orientation of the starter.

Only thing i can think is that its missing its alingment by a mm or so and hitting the face of the teeth a little too far over. The face of the starter gear looked showed signs of this happening.

Starter was fine when before i rebuilt the motor.

Anyone else had this issue? Only thing i can think to do is give the solenoid power but not the motor connection so the gear is in the engaged position then install the motor? Or just bin the starter and try a new one which may or may not solve the issue.

Thanks guys,

Rides
    Can you use a bore scope in a different inspection hole, put power to the solenoid (not the motor itself) and see then any issues?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    did you change the flywheel?

Rides
    I dont have a bore scope.

And flywheel is stock with a new oem spec exedy clutch. Clocked the face of the flywheel when i refitted it just to make sure its well within tolerance. I know the starter dosent go anywhere near it but at least i know its true.

Sometimes i really miss my honda

Rides
    sorted, this.

Loosen the starter bolts so its held in place but not tight. Lever the starter away from the block, Turn it over. Engages fine and turns. Tighten top bolt keeping the starter levered away from the block. Turn it over, still works fine, Tighten bottom bolt, Turn it over and it works perfectly.

So simple. That shim between box and block is such a cludge. Well done nissan!

Rides
    Runs.

Put some fuel in today and it fired no problems.
    Need to sort out all my vac lines and get it idling propperly.

The head is noisy tho, sounds like the lifters need bleeding again. Il pop the cover off and see if any are feeling soft.

Chuffed to hear it again.

Rides
    Nice one glad you sorted it was it just the starter in end or did you find something else

Rides
    Yup just the alignment of the starter. Started it about 20 times now, its spot on.

Rides
    It drives.

Since ive got to take the rocker cover off, and its gonna be a couple of weeks before i get it motd, Think i might do somthing fun with the rocker cover. Here's a couple ive done in the past.

Im not one for flashy tat stuck all over my car but somthing under the bonnet like that is always fun when somebody looks under the bonet.

Rides
    They look pretty cool, what about doing the underside of the bonnet to match?

Rides
    Airbrush or..?

Rides
    airbrush and normal brushes

Rides
    Squishy lifters sorted. Bled them again and they are rock solid now. Couldnt put it back together tonight, it got dark and my lamp is shit.

Rides
    All done and running. A bit of vvt rattle but you cant have everything can you.

Where is the ideal place to plumb the water to my throttle body from. The rad has 2 barbs at the bottom but these do noting at all.

Rides
    The two barbs are probably for an auto box cooler.. The throttle body as standard plumbs in somewhere underneath the mani I think?

Rides
    Cheers leno. Spotted what ive done wrong. ive looped them. Get them re plumbed tomorrow.

Rides
    Just about ready for mot. All lights work, moved fog to the drivers side reverse light. made new number plate bracket and lights are fitted to that too. Re jigged the stock washer bottle so it fits with the intercooler pipe next to it, made brackets to replace the stock rotten ones. Bought a ridiculous antique sounding horn for shits n giggles, its bloody loud!!

Finally got round to sorting my back bumper out. Its a hideous monkey magic thing from uras. I was all for juping all over it like i did with the sideskirts, but then i thought, "i wonder if i can simplify it a little bit".
    So we went from this.

photobucket is down, will post pics soon.

Rides
    So from this.

to this.

I removed the fake diffuser bits and pulled in the flare behind the wheels a bit. so it dosent stick out so far and isnt so hovercrafty. Not great but its a bit of an improvement.