Thread: Disappointed with Flux auto renewal.

Rides

Disappointed with Flux auto renewal.

I'm kind of disappointed with flux. My car has been Sorn for the past month to tackle some rust and get It tidied up over winter. I kept the insurance as it would be nice to have another year no claims.

Thought it was getting close and I hadn't received a letter with a renewal. And it turns out they've renewed automatically, yesterday the 2nd of december)

I'm obviously no way near the end of the cooling off period, so I can cancel. But i'm expecting a charge of some description for the pleasure, when I ring this morning. Will let you know what it is.

I'm aware it's my duty to check. But my main issue/annoyance is, why haven't I received a letter? All your correspondence this year has been in via a letter. Then for the renewal you use my secondary email address?

Why do you even do this to make a quick buck? I was really happy with the insurance this year. And once the car was sorted would have actively seeked you out again. The modification forms are annoying! But for whatever the sake of a 1 day cancellation fee is. you may have lost a customer for next year.
    Last edited by dan_griffin11; 03-12-2014 at 06:36.

Rides
    They don't charge anything in the cooling off period.

Is your renewal cheaper? Use there online quote service. I got a quote off them for £800 when their renewal price was £1050...

Or just save hassle and money and move to Greenlight who were £650.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    They don't charge anything in the cooling off period.

Is your renewal cheaper?

Is that from experience? Reading the policy it looks like i'm going to be charged admin fee's!

Not currently insuring it at the moment as i'm tackling rust/painting the bay/undersealing. I don't want to rush doing it.

Rides

Disappointed with Flux auto renewal.

It is from experience of getting auto renewed by them yes. It takes 3-5 working days for them to return your money but they don't charge.

I thought you needed some sort of insurance. Even if it's a laid up policy. Isn't it law?

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    Only if it's taxed. No insurance needed if it's not taxed (sorn) and kept off the road.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    just save hassle and money and move to Greenlight who were £650.
    /\ this,

Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Only if it's taxed. No insurance needed if it's not taxed (sorn) and kept off the road.
    And this.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_griffin11 View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed with flux. My car has been Sorn for the past month to tackle some rust and get It tidied up over winter. I kept the insurance as it would be nice to have another year no claims.

Thought it was getting close and I hadn't received a letter with a renewal. And it turns out they've renewed automatically, yesterday the 2nd of december)

I'm obviously no way near the end of the cooling off period, so I can cancel. But i'm expecting a charge of some description for the pleasure, when I ring this morning. Will let you know what it is.

I'm aware it's my duty to check. But my main issue/annoyance is, why haven't I received a letter? All your correspondence this year has been in via a letter. Then for the renewal you use my secondary email address?

Why do you even do this to make a quick buck? I was really happy with the insurance this year. And once the car was sorted would have actively seeked you out again. The modification forms are annoying! But for whatever the sake of a 1 day cancellation fee is. you may have lost a customer for next year.

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your disappointment.

Renewals are sent out to which ever method of contact is chosen at inception (Email or post)

If you can send me a PM with your details, I can certainly take a look into this for you.

Kind regards,
    Dan.