Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New car time ........... its quite fast.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    This is such a hateful question in such a thread, but dare I ask, what sort of MPG did you see from the 135i when you were using it a lot?
    LOL, its a fair one. Driving like a normal person I saw about 30mpg and best was 33mpg at this power but I dont tend to take it easy so average 23.5 "usually".

Ive had standard ones as hire cars and seen well over 40mpg driving relatively fast on a run though.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mcleansc View Post
    Tell me about it, I couldn't believe how easy they are to tune. Have you got an aftermarket charge pipe fitted at all? I think until I get catless downpipes and a FMIC I'm going to 'Stage 1' it, but wanted to fit the charge pipe before hand as I've heard on upped boost they like to shoot off.

It must be insane to handle with the coilovers and other stuff it had done before you bought it... There's a Quaife LSD for sale in the UK on the e90 forums. Nudge Nudge.

How did it get on against the other cars? Surprise anyone? TBH mate unless you'll be seriously upping the power, which you already said you dont need to, the COBB sounds ideal. If mines came fitted with one I'd be keeping it.

Did you go for the Evolution Racewerks Cooler?
    No, no chargepipes or downpipes on mine, the dude that had it before said he was getting such good figures without he didnt want to change them, Im inclined to agree - its quick enough as it is.

With all of the suspension and alignment done its a totally different beat to standard, its so much more communicative, positive in what it does and just generally capable, it pisses all over the 1M I drove (but then in fairness it should really). Cooler is a mocal, I got an adaptor and some pipework made up and reckon it came in at about £350, fitted - the RW is like a grand isnt it?

Current quandry is whether to go with MPS4 or Cups as it needs new rear tyres (cant think why) but I will probs stick with MPS4 as its as close to perfect as anything Ive owned
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides

New car time ........... its quite fast.

I had super sports on mine, were great. Didn't even know mps4 were out, must be behind the times.

Edit by the looks mps4 replaced the supersports so makes sense.

Rides

New car time ........... its quite fast.

Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    No, no chargepipes or downpipes on mine, the dude that had it before said he was getting such good figures without he didnt want to change them, Im inclined to agree - its quick enough as it is.

With all of the suspension and alignment done its a totally different beat to standard, its so much more communicative, positive in what it does and just generally capable, it pisses all over the 1M I drove (but then in fairness it should really). Cooler is a mocal, I got an adaptor and some pipework made up and reckon it came in at about £350, fitted - the RW is like a grand isnt it?

Current quandry is whether to go with MPS4 or Cups as it needs new rear tyres (cant think why) but I will probs stick with MPS4 as its as close to perfect as anything Ive owned
    You're getting +400bhp and +500lbft on a totally stock, no bolt on engine!? Man that's mega impressive. I was going to wait for the Chargepipe before upping the boost but if you've not shot yours off at that power I should be safe at 350bhp. What are you boosting? I'm even more impressed with the N54 now. Wonder if I could squeeze one in my S-Body......

Must be a good feeling having more fun, in a more capable car, at a cheaper price than a 1M... well tbh probably a large majority of M cars and more. Would you mind sharing how you went about fitting the mocal? Will paypal over beer tokens if you do ha. Because yeah, the ER is over a grand.