Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mr Sandwichs bit of daily fun, r53 cooper s

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    Tbh most of the trackday type tyres are like that, R888's, R1R's and the nankang NS2-R's i've used all behaved the same in cold, wet conditions and standing water.
    Yeah I used the, on the s13 just go careful through deep water and they seem ok better than run flats
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    I found 888's where better in wet conditions then the RSRs by a fair chunk. There is some variation in these trackday types.

If the car is 99% of miles on the road, I'd stick to something like RE050's etc.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    So after my time on track my tyres were toast so i ordered some 205 50 16 RSR's and some GAz Gold Coilovers, they all finally arrived so i spent friday morning fitting them.

all was going well got the tyres swaped and the rear shocks changed over in not time.
    photo 5 by darransandwich, on Flickr
    Unfortunately the fronts had other plans and i sheared one of the pinch bolts for the shocks, i had to drill the bugger out and re secure it with a nut and a bolt.
    The difference bewteen stock and the gaz is night and day, the build quallity is excellent and there a fair bit lighter.
    photo 4 by darransandwich, on Flickr

Here is the dreaded bolt.
    photo 2 by darransandwich, on Flickr
    and the front eventually fitted, i opted to have the adjustable top mounts too.
    photo 1 by darransandwich, on Flickr

for the other side i got a little friend out to help me.
    photo 4.1 by darransandwich, on Flickr
    that and some penetrating oil got the other side out in one piece.

Here is a pic on them all fitted up.
    photo 2.1 by darransandwich, on Flickr

Ill get some better pictures tomorrow but overall im really chuffed, ive got 500/400 springs which may prove a little too hard for the road but arent overly harsh but the difference in handling is night and day, time for allignment now to see how she goes.

Aaron

Rides
    So after my time on track my tyres were toast so i ordered some 205 50 16 RSR's and some GAz Gold Coilovers, they all finally arrived so i spent friday morning fitting them.

all was going well got the tyres swaped and the rear shocks changed over in not time.
    photo 5 by darransandwich, on Flickr
    Unfortunately the fronts had other plans and i sheared one of the pinch bolts for the shocks, i had to drill the bugger out and re secure it with a nut and a bolt.
    The difference bewteen stock and the gaz is night and day, the build quallity is excellent and there a fair bit lighter.
    photo 4 by darransandwich, on Flickr

Here is the dreaded bolt.
    photo 2 by darransandwich, on Flickr
    and the front eventually fitted, i opted to have the adjustable top mounts too.
    photo 1 by darransandwich, on Flickr

for the other side i got a little friend out to help me.
    photo 4.1 by darransandwich, on Flickr
    that and some penetrating oil got the other side out in one piece.

Here is a pic on them all fitted up.
    photo 2.1 by darransandwich, on Flickr

Ill get some better pictures tomorrow but overall im really chuffed, ive got 500/400 springs which may prove a little too hard for the road but arent overly harsh but the difference in handling is night and day, time for allignment now to see how she goes.

Aaron

Rides
    Right so time for an update, I went down to hindhead for the Minitorque south east Tunnel run the other week and had a great time, met soem really nice members and it was great to see som many cars on the road.
    IMG_0435 by darransandwich, on Flickr

I have decided the Gaz coilovers are a little stiff with the current 500/400 springs. Im gonna drop to 400/325 and see how that goes. the car handles great as it is but is a little harsh for day to day.

I ordered these from Merlin Motorsport and they cam next day
    IMG_0663 by darransandwich, on Flickr
    The i whipped off the rear coils and fitted them up
    IMG_0685 by darransandwich, on Flickr
    IMG_0687 by darransandwich, on Flickr

Ill need to do the fronts tomorrow but im gonna fit my Wilwoods at the same time, the lines seem to be siezed so ive set some time aside just in case i need to run new ones.
    Thats the brakes all Cleaned up
    IMG_0505 by darransandwich, on Flickr
    The Trial Fitted
    IMG_0507 by darransandwich, on Flickr
    Ill also need a 5mm slip on spacer so i got these ordered along with some conversion studs
    IMG_0699 by darransandwich, on Flickr

Aaron

Rides
    Right so today unfortunately didnt go to plan, I startes with my shocks and the NSF went perfectly, i dod notice the original springs were 5x 2 1/4 rather than 6 but interestinlgy they were bottoming into themselves.

IMG_0710 by darransandwich, on Flickr

So ive gone for a 400lb 6" x 2 1/4 spring which should hopefully help and dropped the perch down half an inch.

IMG_0712 by darransandwich, on Flickr

Then i cleaned up and greased all the treads to help with the road salt and re fitted.
    IMG_0714 by darransandwich, on Flickr

Taking it for a test drive the car feel so much better with the longer softer springs, i couldn't be happier with it. i get a little more body roll so ill consider some ARB's if it needs it after my next track day.

Aaron

Rides
    Once i had fitted my springs i moved on to the willwood kit, i thought i would trial one size before i moved on to removing the lines etc and it was lucky i did.
    I fitted up the kit with my spacers and all went well
    IMG_0717 by darransandwich, on Flickr

That was until i notice the screws i ordered where too short :cursing:
    IMG_0722 by darransandwich, on Flickr

So ive ordered some longer ones and will have another stab next weekends. Ill do the stud version at the same time as the stock wheel nuts felt a little short for the bells and 5mm spacer. On the plus side the clearance was all good. I think they fit about perfect under 16s
    IMG_0719 by darransandwich, on Flickr

Now its time for pad recommendations

Aaron