Thread: Looking for a room to rent/area advice Milton Keynes/Northampton'ish

Rides

Looking for a room to rent/area advice Milton Keynes/Northampton'ish

Am going to be working a few miles North of Milton Keynes for 6-12 months from the beginning of February so looking for somewhere to stay 4 nights a week (Mon-Fri) as its a bit too far to drive up there every day.

Started off looking at B&B's but have decided against that.
    Found a few decent'ish rooms for rent on some of the websites like spareroom.co.uk but just wondered if anyone on here has a spare room they'd like to let out or knows anyone who might?

Also looking for peoples opinions on where would be best for me to stay anyway, the best place I think I've seen so far is in Towcester (£80 per week for a room with ensuite attached to a farmhouse) so I'd be heading towards Milton Keynes every morning on the A5, is this a bad idea? I don't know what the traffic is like there at all.

Am I right in thinking Towcester would be about 20-25min drive and Northampton maybe 30-40mins?
    bovvered?

Head SXOC Security and small penis department TheBigShow's Avatar
    Rides
    Where in mk mate you going to be working?

Towcester is nice but it's a bit shit coming in that way especially as you say north mk

I reckon Linford wood is whwre your jobs at.

Might be able to help with a room for a bit but I'd have to talk to the boss.

Rides
    Mark jess would love it, as long as he can hoover
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    You can do Towcester to Northants in about 20 minutes on the A43 yeah, where are you working? Could probably reccomend you a few places to look if I know the area you're working.

Rides
    I can ask around - gone are the days when I had spare rooms. now I have a family instead Pm me where you are working and I'll see what I can find.
    GMasterT Heavy Industries!for all your Widget needs

Back to Jap with Mk2 Aristo & Nissan Elgrand

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Where in mk mate you going to be working?

Towcester is nice but it's a bit shit coming in that way especially as you say north mk

I reckon Linford wood is whwre your jobs at.

Might be able to help with a room for a bit but I'd have to talk to the boss.
    Cheers mate, speak to via FB messenger

Quote Originally Posted by LED sandwich View Post
    Mark jess would love it, as long as he can hoover
    lol I'm always the one that ends up doing the hovering so can do it pretty well. I get annoyed if its not a decent upright hoover though, end up too sweaty doing a whole house with a henry type hoover

Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    You can do Towcester to Northants in about 20 minutes on the A43 yeah, where are you working? Could probably reccomend you a few places to look if I know the area you're working.
    Will be working about 5 miles to the North of MK.

Quote Originally Posted by madcowman View Post
    I can ask around - gone are the days when I had spare rooms. now I have a family instead Pm me where you are working and I'll see what I can find.
    Yeah family tends to take up space

Cheers mate.
    bovvered?

Rides
    Newport Pagnell is a nice place, and has back routes to Northampton and Hanslope Steer clear of Fishermead and places around the shopping centre if you don't want to live in fear! Deanshanger has massive queues every morning and night to get onto the A5.

Rides
    5 miles north of MK is a bit vague bud, there's so many places that could be ideally suited or totally useless depending on where you're trying to get to.

I live in Deanshanger at the moment and Sharpy is right, it's a bit of a mare to get out of in the morning unless you're early out. If you're trying to stay on a good connecting path with Northampton I would also say give consideration to a place called 'Roade'. It's right on the connecting road between the A5 at the top of MK and Northampton.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpy View Post
    Newport Pagnell is a nice place, and has back routes to Northampton and Hanslope Steer clear of Fishermead and places around the shopping centre if you don't want to live in fear! Deanshanger has massive queues every morning and night to get onto the A5.
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    5 miles north of MK is a bit vague bud, there's so many places that could be ideally suited or totally useless depending on where you're trying to get to.

I live in Deanshanger at the moment and Sharpy is right, it's a bit of a mare to get out of in the morning unless you're early out. If you're trying to stay on a good connecting path with Northampton I would also say give consideration to a place called 'Roade'. It's right on the connecting road between the A5 at the top of MK and Northampton.
    Cheers guys, I was considering a place in Leckhampstead (http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare...are_id=3046113) but if its going to be a mare for traffic I think I'll give it a miss.

Having spent a while looking at places on spareroom.co.uk I've picked out a few that I think are better than the rest, they are...
    Collingtree £110pw http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare...are_id=3624767
    Grendon £100pw http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare...are_id=3418613
    Grendon £70pw http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare...hare_id=879265
    Quinton £100pw http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare...are_id=3692373
    Roade £90pw http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare...are_id=3556320

I was really tempted by this one just north of Towcester, but have been told the traffic getting through Towcester at peak times could add upto 30mins to my journey... http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare...are_id=2630555
    bovvered?

Rides
    I drive down the A5 every morning, and at around 8am the queue from Buckingham, passed Leckhamstead to Stony is miles long. Good choice to avoid loke the plague! lol

My inlaws live in Roade. It's a pretty busy road as it's the main route between MK and Northampton, but a nice village.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpy View Post
    I drive down the A5 every morning, and at around 8am the queue from Buckingham, passed Leckhamstead to Stony is miles long. Good choice to avoid loke the plague! lol

My inlaws live in Roade. It's a pretty busy road as it's the main route between MK and Northampton, but a nice village.
    I hate traffic

I think Roade is the closest one out of all those to where I'd be working, so that gets it extra points
    Is there an Indian restaurant/takeaway there? Can't survive long without a decent curry! lol
    bovvered?

Rides
    Cheers for the help everyone, saved me from renting in a couple of bad places I probably would have unknowingly picked otherwise.

Have now settled for a room in a house in Sherington, fairly close to work and should be ok with traffic as avoiding all the A roads and not travelling towards MK with everyone from Towcester or Northampton.

Also found a nice Indian restaurant in Stoke Bruerne
    bovvered?

Rides
    Good Pub there called the Navigation too

If you Venture into Newport Pagnell there's plenty of curry houses to choose from
    GMasterT Heavy Industries!for all your Widget needs

Back to Jap with Mk2 Aristo & Nissan Elgrand

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by madcowman View Post
    Good Pub there called the Navigation too

If you Venture into Newport Pagnell there's plenty of curry houses to choose from
    We'll have to arrange a curry night at some point!
    Now only 5 days till I start working up there
    bovvered?