Thread: Missfire on initial throttle /lean on initial acceleration.

Rides

Missfire on initial throttle /lean on initial acceleration.

Just been out in the car tonight and have developed an issue

Start of night perfect pulls fine with no hiccups after being left an hour then cruising slowly probably not above 2000rpm for 10-15mins it felt like a missfire when I first put my foot down

Idle afr is 15-16
    Cruise afr is 14-15
    Comming on boost is around 13
    Full chat is 11

Now when the low Rev hiccup occurs it goes lean for a sit second like 16-17 which I'm guessing as the wideband reads O2 not fuel I guess that confirms a missfire ?

It's a proper hdev stage 1a chip with associated mods with bkr7e plugs which are about 1k old

Can a heat range 7 plug foul that quick on that map with a good 14-15 afr

I'm presuming all coil packs are original and I do have a spare that I can try and can grab some plugs tomorow I ont think it's a boost leak as it still boosts nice and it's only a split second hiccup but I can check when I have a bit more time

Anyone have any ideas for things to check as I've not had the car long and am still working my way round it

Last one is there any way to find the bad coil without just swapping out the coils randomly as I'm only used to modern cars where you just plug an obd2 reader and it says missfire cyl 3 etc

Any help welcome guys

Thans

Rides
    Could this be deleted I posted in wrong forum so copied to corect place

Thanks
    Last edited by autosri; 09-01-2015 at 00:04.