Thread: Insurance Problems

Rides

Insurance Problems

Hello all i just wondered if anyone knows as I'm in a bit of a situation at the moment as I'm selling my 200SX.

My problem is that i am going to view the other car Saturday and if i like the car i will be transferring the insurance over from the Nissan to the new car, thus meaning my Nissan is illegal to be on the public highway which means i have to SORN the car. My problem is i haven't sold the 200x yet but how will i go about it when someone comes round to view the car as obviously they will want to drive it as its the kind of car you would test drive. How would i get around this issue.

I just wondered if there was any sort of day cover you can get so you can take the person out in the car in order to sell it and I'm also a little worried about SORN'ng the car, does this take a while to put it back on the road now or with this new tax system is it as easy as go online pay for the tax on the car and its back on the road?

Just want to pick someones brain with this as i really don't know how to go about it

Thanks all

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    To make the car sorn is simple but does mean you have to surrender the tax too. Day cover is more tricky now I'd imagine due to the tax issue.

Some companies will insure both cars temporarily to allow you to sell the old one, its worth s call for sure.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Yeah i knew I'd have to get the money back for the tax etc,I've got a drive etc for it to stay so I'm not worried about that part. I've spoken to Adrian Flux who have been really helpful and the only way they said I would be able to do it, they do a 30 day cover but that starts as soon as i buy the new car. Im just worried if it doesn't sell within that month then I don't know what I'm going to do about insurance for being able you let someone drive it??