Thread: help my s15 wont start, no spark.

Rides

help my s15 wont start, no spark.

hi guys have t been around in a while, few other things have taken over from the car the past year, anyway

I Have a s15 spec-r, It was parked up for a year, last week i charged the battery and it started with the the first turn . It Started 2 more times within 5 minuites and now it wont,
    its getting fuel. i pulled a sparkplug, earthed it off the block to test it, it wouldnt spark the first few times i tryed, and then suddendly it sparked and the car started. i put the sparkplug back in and it wouldnt start again, i pulled the plugs again to test but now they wont spark at all. I ran a diagnostic and it returned a 55 code (no fault codes present) i found this strange so i unpluged the CAS Turned the car over and ran diagnostic again and still it flashed a code of 55.... surly with the CAS unpluged the ecu would return a fault code for it?? I checked every fuse and relay to see if any where blown and they are all ok, Help i want to get it on the road for the summer

Basically what would stop the fuses sparking on startup as when its running its running fine.

Rides
    Checked the earths on the coil pack loom?

Rides
    When i checked the coilpack earth at the back of the engine it looked a bit damaged, so as i tryed to fiddle with it and take it off the wire snapped off in my hand at the bolt, it has 4 small strands of wires and looking at the breakage it looks like 2 strands where broken already, i rejoined the wire to a cable and joined it to the earh on the manifold, so im happy it has a good earh, as for the wireing on the rest of the loom ill have to strip the wireing and see but it looks ok tbh.

Should i be worried that the ecu is registering no faults? Even when the cam angle sensor is disconnected?

Rides
    can anyone shed some light on this? is there any easy way to make sure the ECU isnt the problem?

Rides
    this is the digital multimeter i borrowed, set to DC 20 (suggested by the guy i borrowed it from)

and thats what i got can anyone see anything wrong with these values?

Rides
    anyone?

Rides
    No idea what you should get from reading at the coils there. Probably not this, but has it got an immobiliser?

Rides
    No dost have a immobiliser

Rides
    1 year later still not sorted?
    With key on the 3 wires will be in no order:
    12v
    Signal (oV I think)
    Earth (do continuity test)