Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Project Thunderbastard

Rides
    Really loving this, no idea how I missed it!

If you're interested in magazine features or showing up on Facebook pages with huge followings... drop me a PM when it's done and I'll be very happy to lend a hand Stunning work there!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Really loving this, no idea how I missed it!

If you're interested in magazine features or showing up on Facebook pages with huge followings... drop me a PM when it's done and I'll be very happy to lend a hand Stunning work there!
    Thanks very much, it should be worthy of a magazine feature by the time it's done.

Rides
    Progress has been slow the last few weeks, but I've got most of the interior repainted with black plastic paint so that everything looks like new, double DIN Kenwood touchscreen DVD head unit fitted, rewired the earth since there's no electric aerial any more, fitted a hidden aerial behind the dashboard, fitted an S15 black carpet and passenger side bucket seat & rail. I've been working on the FRP doors and FRP bootlid to make them ready for paint. Finally got the insides of them painted yesterday and the outsides should be getting painted wed night. Aiming to get them fitted at the weekend and swap over the door locks, latches, windows etc from the original heavy doors.

Last edited by handsomedez; 07-11-2016 at 13:30.

Rides
    Looking nice... have you finished the front wings yet.....
    Last edited by Gerry; 07-11-2016 at 13:56.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Looking nice... have you finished the front wings yet.....
    Haven't started them yet. Started at the back and working my way forward! Want to get the doors bolted on and finished then get the front wings and bumper bolted on before we weld on the new arches. By that stage I'll just have wings, bumpers and skirts to finish so can work away on all of them at the same time. Plan is to have all the paintwork finished by Christmas.

Rides

Rides
    Looking forward to seeing those front wings.

Rides
    Lovely work

Rides
    Some more progress today. Got the bootlid and spoiler fitted, but still don't have a boot spring or release mechanism. Got the passenger side door fitted, but before I could do that I had to free off the freshly powder coated hinges. Started stripping down the old doors then discovered the FRP doors haven't had any holes drilled for the loom or mounting the window motor or anything. So took about 3 hours to build up one door and it doesn't open or close properly so needs some fettling. Haven't plugged in the loom yet so I'm hoping everything works after 3+ years in storage. Hoping to have both doors on next weekend then get the front wings and bumper on ready for some more "adapting"

Rides
    Didn't get much time to work on the Nissan this weekend - spent the whole weekend fixing a neighbour's car that my missus drove into with our X5.
    Only really had time to bolt on the front wings and get them lined up then tack on one of the new arches.

I haven't had time to set the ride height properly yet, but I'll do that before I tack on the passenger side so that they match. Then will remove the wings again to weld them up fully. New arch sits a few mm lower than the original arch, and about 40mm wider.

Rides
    Love the look of this, just wish you'd kept the suage line on the rear arches

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Love the look of this, just wish you'd kept the suage line on the rear arches
    Thanks! It just wasn't possible unfortunately. Would have had to weld on the arches further down the quarter panel, and then it would be a sudden flare as opposed to the gradual curve that's on it now. Still working on the petrol flap. The line will reappear halfway along it.

Rides
    Really looking forward to seeing how this looks! Loving your work so far

Rides
    really impressed with the finish youve got from the roof, such a hard panel to smooth out like that.

those bmw arches look awesome! they really remind me of the origin type 3 arches. good work!

and the grey and purple colour combo looks spot on.

good project so far dude

Rides
    Have been waiting for age's to see the front wings, looking good so far what did the front arches come off.

Rides
    Thanks all! Front and rear arches are all cut from E46 facelift front wings. The rears are on back to front, but the fronts are on the correct way round. Just had to press out the indent for the rubbing strip. Massive hydraulic pipe bender came in handy for that!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Love those arches, properly really love them
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Daaaaymn. Wanna build my 14 for me?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Got both front arches tacked on now, wings removed and started welding them up.

Rides
    SSssooo jealous wanted them for so long on mine keep those updates coming , great work