Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick e46 bush question

Rides

Quick e46 bush question

I need these

Eurocarparts listing these, but the front; left; rear; right is confusing me, they are obviously these aren't they ��

Also, do we still have ecp discount?

Rides
    You would be better spending a little more and getting lemforder or meyle ones as the cheap ones last around a year then you need to replace them again

Rides
    Also try carparts4less it's owned by Ecp but usually cheaper

Rides
    Ok thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated, I don't mind payin a bit more, just checking I'm lookin at the right things mainly

Rides
    It's the rear bush on the front arm. Referred to as Lollipop bushes.

You can powerflex poly-bush your existing lollipops for about 60 quid. But to be honest when I took the arms off mine it wasn't just the bushes that were gone, the balljoints were well past it too. So I bought Mehle arms from AllGerman for 250 quid and solved it for 70,000 miles - straight easy swap

Rides
    It's the rear bush on the front arm. Referred to as Lollipop bushes.

You can powerflex poly-bush your existing lollipops for about 60 quid. But to be honest when I took the arms off mine it wasn't just the bushes that were gone, the balljoints were well past it too. So I bought Mehle arms from AllGerman for 250 quid and solved it for 70,000 miles - straight easy swap

Rides
    Carparts4less didn't have any
    I Found these on ecp, thanks for the advice re lemforder.
    I guess these are what I need, just ignore the front left rear right fitting part.

Thanks

Rides
    Thanks arry, my ball joints need replacing too, I was going to get new ocap arms, they're only 60 a side, the lemforder are about £150 a side. Car is on 180k and I only do about 5k a year short journeys so unsure what to do for the best really.
    I don't want to throw money at it, I'm trying to sort rx7 out too

Rides
    Tough one mate - I've not used the cheaper items as they have a bad reputation. I do know the Mehle arms lasted me over the 4 years I owned the car though. Buy right by once?

Rides
    I'd never heard of the Allgerman site, thanks for that. The parts available on there now are febi bilstein.

Thanks for both your help and advice, just down to deciding what I want to go for now.

Rides
    I fitted power flex bushes to mine for a few years then eventually the ball joints failed on mot so bought mayle HD arms with the power flex bushes

I might have some brand new mayle hd lollipop bushes thinking about it if your interested

Rides
    How much would you want for them, I never knew control arms would be such a minefield of manufacturers

Rides
    If I can find them as I'm in the middle of moving house how does 40 plus post sound to you

Rides
    Yes ok mate, thank you. Could you let me know as soon as possible because mot needs sorting.

Rides
    Il have a look when I get home from work today mate il let you know either way if I can find them or not

Rides
    Ok cheers mate

Rides
    Meyle HD or lemforder are the only brands worth considering. Wouldn't bother with poly bushes. Had them on my e36 and they squeaked and creaked once the grease dried up (requires regular removal and greasing as most poly bushes do).

Just fitted meyle solid rubber and personally I think they handle better, poly bushes cause stictstion (spelling?) on control arms so you don't actually get and handling benefits.

Rides
    Thanks for the input zornyan. Yes I'm looking at getting the lemforder arms now and waiting on autosri to hopefully get back to me about the meyle hd bushes he may have. If not I'll be getting the lemforder bushes too.

I googled ocap out of curiosity and it seems they make oem parts for a number of manufacturers including Audi :/

Rides
    I've had a look last night and can't find them in the chaos if you are willing to wait a day or so il have another look tonight and see if I can find them in my new garage
    Up to you though

Rides
    Thanks for having a look, I don't mind waiting a day or two, because even if i ordered of ecp now I doubt they would post until Monday. My cars booked for retest Thursday so I'm just hoping to have everything by Wednesday to give me chance to get them fitted.
    Thanks again