Thread: FlexDrive from Adrian Flux Insurance

Flamethrower
    Rides

FlexDrive from Adrian Flux Insurance

Hi guys and girls,

Hope you don’t mind a new thread. Adrian Flux Insurance now offer a new extra benefit which is available to add to a policy called FlexDrive. In short, if you have the ‘Driving other cars’ extension on your policy, which will only give you cover against third party risks, this ‘top-up’ policy will increase the cover to a comprehensive level giving up to £20,000 worth of cover for the car you are driving.

I'm not trying to give it the hard sell here - I just thought with it being unique as far as I know in the market, it was worth talking about.

It does have some restrictions; you must already have the driving other cars third party only benefit on your policy (this doesn't buy you the extension), the car must be insured, not belong to you, or be registered at your address. It can only be added to an Adrian Flux insurance policy.

The policy is perfect for someone who has friends or relatives who are ‘in to’ their cars like you and I. Using someone else’s car with just third party cover is always a bit awkward, especially if something happens!

It won’t suit everyone I know, but for people like you and I who love their cars, it could be very handy. At £24.99 a year it’s very reasonably priced.

Cheers,
    Dan.

Rides
    I added it to my policy, but it does have one major exclusion, you can't use it for commuting, so if your car was in garage and you used someone else's it is still only 3rd party.

But other than that I felt it was a good idea and added it for £25 for when I try out friends cars etc.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    This sounds interesting, however there is one major downside for me. You've stated it doesn't include cars registered at your address; what's the reason for this?
    I ask because I live in a shared house and the car I'm most likely to drive besides mine, belongs to my housemate.