Thread: Weekender 2015 - Help the club/move some stuff??

Rides

Weekender 2015 - Help the club/move some stuff??

Good morning guys and girls of the glorious SXOC

We all know what the evenings on the weekender means - FIRE !!!

I currently have my labourer at work cutting up enough pallets to fill the back of the SXOC van to be used as fire wood for the weekend. I am going to try and take it all home in stages but thought I'd ask first. If anyone is in the Coventry area (30s on M6J2, opposite showcase/Tesco) and has a large van/trailer and somewhere to store it in 1 lot. Would they be able to pick some of it up then take I to Rockingham??

Alternatively, if I get it all home will people be able to assist in taking the wood from my house to Rockingham (approx. 10miles away) ??

Best Regards
    Random Tim

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    I cant speak for the first bit, but we can defintiely send the van over your way to pick it up once we are there

Thanks for this mate, nice to see theres still a bit of club spirit knocking about
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Cheers Doc. I am hoping to get the wood to a farm near me. You can see the power station towers next to the circuit from there !!! We shall arrange local transport closer to the time

Rides
    I'm not local enough to take it to your house for you - but as I'll be in the S13 I'll fit a small van loads worth in the boot (or can fit the towbar if you have a suitable trailer)and the van's not handy

Rides
    edit: ignore, cant getPiccasa to link to photos !?!
    Last edited by Random Tim; 29-07-2015 at 17:13.

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Tim, it's official, - I'm going to be in the estate (on winter tyres FFS!) so if the wood can still be seen in-between them thar trees, I'll pick up & bring a cart load?

Let me know if that works for you.

R.

Rides
    Rob, that sucks huge amounts of donkey penis !! Why ??? But yes, a helping load would be god

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Awaiting an R34 gearbox & associated fitting kit/parts from Garage-D. Was always going to be a bit tight time wise as the GBox is a later addition to the build plan, but we've hit an unexpected 3 week delay...

Laugh or cry, will be Sept. before I'm actually driving it.

Will liaise with you closer to the date ref log logistics.

R.

ps. May need a couple of passenger rides from you Tim, as I doubt I'll put the Saab around Rockingham too many times, & will need reminding just how fast D.D. Red SX's really are.

Rides
    No problem Rob. If you've paid for track time you can have a few laps too as you were so kind to let me drive yours last year

Rides
    Thanks mate, I'd love to. Yup, bought track time, & will put the 9-5 round a couple of times, but on winter treads (Summer wheels & alloys were stolen back in the spring) the under-steer is going to be #*$@~ life sapping, so even a 1/2 chat trundle in yours will seem like a dream!

Ta,
    R.

Rides
    WOW !!! Slightly underestimated how much of this bloody wood I have !!! Just filled the back of my a3 for the third time and I've only just got half of it !!
    Hope everyone is ready for a good fire !!!