Thread: NISMO LSD Advice?

Rides

NISMO LSD Advice?

My diffs been banging like a cheap hooker for a while, i knew it was loud because its a plated LSD but at the weekend it got allot louder and developed a whine. So after a few beers i get it out and find out its not the diff i thought it was, its a NISMO item. Ive given it a bloody good clean and inspection and cant find any real problems so im putting it back together with new bearings and seals and i'll set the back lash while im at it.

Anyone have experience with these? i cant find anywhere that does replacement plates for one apart from nengun and rhd also there's three Bellevue washer in the center stacked up, im my experience these are usually stacked opposite ways to create a spring. anyone got an idea?

Rides
    I'd have thought the whine would be the pinion and crown not so much the lsd part

Rides
    I think the whine is bearing related, maybe back lash. The diff parts look ok, no serious wear

Rides
    I know it's not adding much but what do you recon to the nismo diff as I'm stuck between the nismo and the kazz diffs

Rides
    i cant compare the two as ive only had a NISMO lsd, it engages really hard and does make allot of noise. On the track its awesome tho its awesome.

Rides
    the belleville washers are stacked in a specific way to create a certain pre-load, so they can be stacked opposite ways round, or as you found them, one on top of the other,

are they worn at all? if the preload isnt set properly it can cause some noises

got some in my garage that i used when i rebuilt my helical diff so your welcome to try them if you want.