Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekender Thanks 2015

Rides

Weekender Thanks 2015

Thankyou everyone for the organisation of another wonderful weekend.

I thought the venue was excellent, the catering very good and the free water and tea and coffee inspired. (was that the track or our organisation). Either way brilliant.
    I enjoyed the challenge and layoutof the track.

I certainly don't want to diss the past catering, but I always felt very guilty that someone was doing it all and not enjoying themselves.
    so use of the onsite catering I thought was a guilt free great idea.

Unfortunately I ran out of brakes about 4pm and couldn't get spares this morning, so ended up leaving today (sunday) much earlier than originally anticipated.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Kieran etc did a top job organising this. Well played sir!
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Thanks very much from me too!!

Rides
    Had a blast, first of many i hope and no more melting pipes next time, first class lads.

Rides
    Thanks to Kieran and all the staff who made it happen, well done chaps.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    I hope it happens next year, i will make sure the cars working properly and if we know a date with enough time make sure i can get it off work!

Rides
    I'm home, thoroughly slowly soaked and scrubbed, and now sat down to watch the Belgian F1.

Massive thanks to Kieran_E1 for arranging the whole shebang, and all the usual suspects on the grills and tidying up.

And thanks to all on the track for the good behaviour. If there were any incidents I haven't heard about it. I was only passengering yesterday and not driving, but everyone seemed to be able to in the right places at the right times. Impressive
    Except the first lot out after lunch. They were all over the place.

Rides
    Agreed with everyone else above, very many thanks to everyone involved! It was my first weekender and it won't be the last! I had an amazing time and it was my first time on track too (T200 CYA) so sorry for getting in anyones way haha. I definitely improved as the day went on and credit to the track staff as everything went so smoothly! Very well organized!! Well done to everyone!

Thanks for having me

Rides
    Big thanks to all the SXOC staff for organising an outstanding event! It was an excellent track and very enjoyable. I was very impressed with everyone's behaviour on track. It made for a very enjoyable and exciting day. As a result there were no significant incidents that I was aware of. I was supprised there wasn't more participants for the trackday, but made for an excellent value day from the drivers point of view. For anyone who though about going but didn't end up booking, you missed out on the best value trackday of the year! The food was pretty good too. It was my first time at Rockingham and have to say it's a pretty impressive facility. I would 100% go again. Perhapse I we needed to fill some more track spaces, maybe we could approach other decent clubs. The MX5 survived the day and performed perfectly all day, guzzled 2 tanks of fuel but didn't have any problem with high temps even with hot weather. Tyres are about done, so time fit some r888'S or similar. Seems to keep up with most things even at just 12psi.

Rides
    Just to echo what everyone has said - well done to Kieran and the rest of the staff, an excellent weekend as always.
    Shame the 180 died 3 corners from the end of the day () but if it had to go then that was better timed than 3 corners into the day....

Anyway, it was probably Kierans' fault as he organised everything

Or *****s

Rides
    Thanks for all of the efforts that went into making a great weekender! Looking forward to next year already and hopefully I'll be able to bring my S14a next time too!

Rides
    Big thanks to Kieran and all of the guys and girls who helped with anything throughout the weekend, setting up/tearing down. cooking, raffle etc. and not just the club staff - the likes of Claire and Gwyn etc. who are all behind the scenes helping things work and run smoothly.

Really enjoyed it, gutted not to be driving anything on Saturday but I'll make sure that's sorted for next year. Only gripe about the circuit was that there wasn't much viewing opportunity for spectators other than one corner and the main straight, but aside from that it was a really impressive setup they had with everything else, including the catering and being so close to an actual town with a big Tesco, Shell etc.

Slo-mo thumper is possibly the funniest thing I've ever witnessed

See you all next year

Potato.

Rides
    Echo echo echo....

Massive thanks to everyone involved!! Had a blast and the travk was brilliant!!

Only negative for me was that i arrived too late on the friday and it made the weekend feel really short
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Although I wasn't on track this year, it was great watching and we still really enjoyed the weekend so credit to Kieran and the rest of the team for organising everything, oh and for somehow managing to keep the storm away!

Looking forward to next years already, will definitely have the PS13 on track.

Rides
    Thanks to Rockingham also. Dispensers with sun cream dotted around the main facility. Genius

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    What's to say that hasn't been said already. I was really impressed with Rockingham. Snetterton was great but Rockingham looked after us much better.

Dinners this time were spot on IMO

Well done Kieran and everyone else that made it happen.

Rides
    Organisation wise this was the best weekender so far, great job Kieran and i was very impressed with Rockingham, it seemed like they actually wanted us there and wasnt just interested in our money The head marshal bloke was very friendly and the idea he had of putting on the drift display was top drawer as he could have just moaned and pulled people off.

Using the catering facility was genius as it meant several people didnt have to go and do lunch etc so it made the day flow much better

Only downer was seeing Phils Lambo drive out as we arrived So wanted to hear that thing on the track and take photos of it
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Big thanks to all for the excellent time had. Next year I'll make sure to camp AWAY from the marquee.

Oh what a day! What a lovely day!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The head marshal bloke was very friendly and the idea he had of putting on the drift display was top drawer as he could have just moaned and pulled people off.
    The chunky chap at the pit exit wasnt quite so friendly. He was proper patronising to me when I got black flagged. He clearly didnt know who the fcuk I am.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Had an excellent time!

Everything was perfect!.

Thank you for another awesome weekender