NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Less wasps please
    Re-thinking your workwear dude?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant teSte View Post
    Re-thinking your workwear dude?
    Wasps dont go for colour they go for sweet sticky smells like ketchup and cider, they are not bees
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    99% for me was positive. Great fun and the catering/camping was fantastic.

My only negative: No one talks about the 200sx

Rides
    Postive from me too, great food and facilities, the track was great and so were the staff.

I would have liked an earlier arrival time to have made the most of the day I took off work but thats the only thing I'd change.

As mentioned above the campsite wasn't the most beautiful spot but i think that's pretty low on the list of priorities.

Rides
    I thought it was an excellent event, big thanks to those who organised it!. I'd agree with most of the things said already. I thought the campsite was ok it did what it needed to and was as close as possible to the track which made nipping back to campsite easy enough.
    Only suggestions might be extra drivers at the usual rate of £20-30 if the track would allow. Might raise a little bit more cash. Also if we were struggling for numbers could open it up to selected other clubs. Although might risk the good rep that we had from everyone being well behaved and courteous on and off track. I would deffinatly go back to Rockingham. I felt very welcome there by the staff.
    Some inter-regional games are always fun

Rides
    Karen and I had another great Weekender. Thanks for all the work that went on behind the scenes to make it all happen.

Camp site was fine. Toilets and showers that worked, close to the track and the local town too. Excellent Rockingham staff and facilities, using the on site catering was great and the trackday refreshments were a welcome addition. Circuit was frustratingly satisfying and I would definitely go back.

Enjoyed the return of the quiz and watching the F1 on Sunday too. Some more activity options would be good but we all packed up early on Sunday anyhow to miss the forecast poor weather. The Honda event on the Sunday was a bonus. Chris made a good point about additional drivers.

Forgot to mention the Saturday night music, loved it
    Last edited by Garyp; 29-08-2015 at 00:02. Reason: Music

Rides
    I just spent the whole day at rockingham. Didn't see one of you there. Was I late?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Just a touch
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Hmmmm will try to be earlier next year. But btcc was good.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Jealous. Awesome venue
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    It's an awesome place for anything I think.
    Just was a very long day. Left 3.30 in the morn got home 11.30 at night now awake for work. Won't be doing that again for a while. Haha.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dukey View Post
    It's an awesome place for anything I think.
    Just was a very long day. Left 3.30 in the morn got home 11.30 at night now awake for work. Won't be doing that again for a while. Haha.
    that's why we have the camping so you can ( try and ) get a sleep before and after

Rides
    Unfortunately I didn't get that option yesterday. Good job I have the most boring job ever with nothing to do so I can sleep.

I'm trying to get the 13 done so I can come to the next one but it's a long ol' slog.

Would have loved to come and it looked amazing.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCarter200 View Post
    Noise curfew required the night before the track day. Other than that....
    Fair point, and partly my fault, sorry

Will definitely be advocating an earlier night next year myself as I was in a bad way most of the next day...

Quote Originally Posted by 200sxct View Post
    Only suggestions might be extra drivers at the usual rate of £20-30 if the track would allow. Might raise a little bit more cash. Also if we were struggling for numbers could open it up to selected other clubs. Although might risk the good rep that we had from everyone being well behaved and courteous on and off track.
    We did reach out to a number of other clubs to offer track slots but didn't get a huge uptake unfortunately. Seems that it was a busy weekend with other events like BDC etc happening.

For me:

Positive: Track was great, staff were unbelievably nice & cooperative, Saturday food was a godsend (people having to give up part of their time on track to cook 100 meals is shitty). Pit garages and general facilities were awesome, liked the tea/coffee/water on offer too. Quiz was great fun too (Kudos to Jon for taking this on).

Negative: Something was different this year with Saturday night, everyone was huddled round the fire from very early on, and a lot of people just didn't seem up for it like usual. Was a shame as I was looking forward to a tent full of lunatics dancing. Were people too tired after the trackday I wonder?
    Shame to lose the Sunday on site too, as this is the time where you can fit in the games etc that people reckon are missing. Very much at the mercy of the weather though in fairness, and would have been pretty miserable there had we stuck around.

Do we need to look at a change of format next year maybe? i.e. party Friday, chill day Saturday with games etc, and trackday Sunday? Or is this just going to encourage people to skip the weekend and only show up on Sunday for the track?

EDIT: I'm not driving the van again either... I've served my time having done both the weekender & Le Mans in it this year

Rides
    I did notice that the saturday night was fairly quiet, I got more sleep than I did on the friday ( (forgotten about)) which I didnt expect at all. I think the trackday needs to stay in the middle of the three days as those with a long drive home will be screwed having to do it straight after the track time, not to mention the issue of packing everything away and cleaning the site up.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Would it be possible to have nexts years weekender in the July instead of August? Weatherwise it might be a bit warmer and less likely to be wet, having said that I think we were really lucky with the weather this year.

Rides
    I imagine the date depends on other track commitments really. They have bigger things than a club weekend to deal with.

Rides
    I imagine the date depends on other track commitments really. They have bigger things than a club weekend to deal with.
    This. We're a pretty small fish in a big pond so finding a suitable track met our needs during the summer is a challenge.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y550-L01 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    This. We're a pretty small fish in a big pond so finding a suitable track met our needs during the summer is a challenge.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y550-L01 using Tapatalk
    what these boys said.

the last 3 years running the track owners/manager has said " you were real lucky to get this date as a private club"

that's partly the reason we keep moving venue as as much as we'd like to go back to anglesey or snetterton and now rockingham it is really dependant on availability.

all major circuits hold off confirming folks like us until the championships are arranged or else we become a subject too booking and we can get bumped

that said Rockingham have been very keen to get something in the diary for next year already??

I was just gubbed saturday night, long day , new born son , hot weather etc etc

Rides
    I would love to take the 13 round rockingham. Such a good place. Just need to finish it.