Thread: Weekender roundup, please read

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides

Weekender roundup, please read

Few comments to make and stuff to tidy up, without further ado:

DID YOU PAY?
    We know everyone that was on track was paid up, but as we had people arriving from 3pm - 12am on Friday and all day on Saturday it was impossible to man the gate so we think there may have been a few people that got fed/camped without chucking into the pot.
    If you camped then it was £30, if you just ate then we would appreciate a donation of at least £10 as well - SXOC lost money on this event as track numbers werent as high as we had expected so please dig in if you need to.

MANY THANKS!
    Cheers to everyone that had some input this year - first and foremost Kieran was once again man of the match, getting the venue confirmed, negotiating discounts and reducing prices right up to Saturday night and generally holding it all down. I know he had an absolutely mare at work for the last two weeks as well, legend status @ that man.
    And in no particular order - Jon for an excellent quiz, Random Tim for firewood, my beautiful wife for helping cook the curry and general tidying, Def for tidying and amazing contribution to the raffle, Kev for musicman duties, anyone who stepped up and cooked/cleaned when it was needed - Cornwall and Byebye Im looking at you two - the family Falco for driving the van there (someone has to do it!), Rarerims and Ben specifically for their raffle input, Ste and Gwen for the merch and general running about, Fake Ben and Giblets for being good sports, all the photographers for some amazing shots, everyone who helped set up and clear down and everyone else for not setting fire to themselves, contracting tropical diseases, infringing national security, perpetrating acts of terrorism or any other carry on that would have meant I had to do anything other than drink

OTHER STUFF
    It was great, it was brilliant to see the old SXOC spirit in full effect and the trackday wasnt at all bad either. I believe we didnt lose anyone to crash damage and only a couple to engine issues and although there were drinking casualties nothing that a bacon sandwich and a cup of char couldnt fix.
    Rockingham is a world class venue with some really nice trackday touches and will definitely be on the list for next time round - one thing I partiularly liked was how many people actually made a point of telling me how polite everyone was on track, SXOC trackdays are as good for total n00bs as it is for knackered old hands like myself. We will be investigating the two black flag incidents but Im sure no further action will be taken

Regardless of all of these words we cant do it without you, so tell all of your friends to book time off for this next year and lets do it even bigger and better next time round
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Awesome weekend! Thanks to all the aforementioned! Really appreciate everyones hard work on this! Loved every minute of it

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Yes, was a brilliant weekend. Thank you Kieran, Doc and everyone else whether you have been mentioned or not
    I would go there again for another weeknder for sure, and not just because its 10 miles from home

Additional: I'll chuck £10 into the pot for my 2 mates who came for a look around and had a passenger ride on Saturday. Where do I send it??
    Last edited by Random Tim; 25-08-2015 at 11:22.

Rides
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Sorry I had to shoot off.

Rides
    Absolutely gutted to have missed it, I had to listen to Nik Kershaw instead

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    ABT, I am disappoint, youve changed man.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Would have been good to catch up Ben but i suppose being gay takes time

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    We will be investigating the two black flag incidents but Im sure no further action will be taken
    Three black flags, George got pulled off (ooerr) as they thought the Lolmega engine was about to blow. It wasnt, its just a symptom of George ownership.

The other two BFs were purely to compliment the drivers on their impressive driving skills I believe.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    The Chief Steward told me that in relation to one of the black flags he was looking for an Alan Sugar impersonator wearing a red top, no idea who that might have been
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13