Thread: Introduction and Yorkshire 2015 into 2016

Rides

Thumbs up Introduction and Yorkshire 2015 into 2016

So, Where to start?! Welcome to Yorkshire!!

Brief introduction from myself;

I'm Craig, live in between Selby and Pontefract right on the M62/A1 cross over and I've been a member of the club on here for a few years now, originally had a 350Z when I joined, then imported an S15 Spec R which I daily drove for a few years till someone crashed into it and wrote it off, now a few years on & few cars later on I decided to venture back into S body ownership and I now own a PS13 but this time as a second 'fun' car, with a 400bhp BMW as the daily

Anyway, onto Yorkshire and the SXOC;
    Yorkshire is an amazing place, full of excellent driving roads almost designed for a nice weekend road trip. The main issue that we have, is that Yorkshire is the biggest county in the UK and is a bloody huge area to try and get together, and the other issue is that unfortunately S bodies are becoming a lot rarer now noticeably even in the 6 years I've been a member, even more so for people that have been around here much longer than I have so people are even further spread out than they used to be.

Now there isn't one magic solution for that, however I have a few possible ideas to get everyone together;
    I personally quite like the idea of having a proper day out as a meet, maybe a few times a year if it goes well.
    This would consist of of a planned driving route with printable map incase you get lost or join us along the route, few pubs with subsidised grub stop offs, quiz, scenic picture oppurtunities as well as some good banter along the way. We could maybe link this together with Ste and have a full Yorks and NE day out.

Speaking of the North East, there are provisional plans to meet up Ste with the North East guys/gals every so often up at Scotch Corner. It's sort of the middle ground between both areas, I will be putting a thread up for that seperately.

The Weekender 2016, This is the main event of the club each year and the most important time for all the Yorkshire folk to come together.. I'll be honest and say I was a bit disappointed at Yorkshire's turn out the past 2 years at the weekender, so I'd like to see everyone possible at the 2016 weekender, it's honestly a great weekend with a great bunch of people. Even if you no longer own an S body you are welcome, do you know another car enthusiast? they are welcome too. It's a long way off, so gives you ample time to make yourself available for a couple of days

Unfortunately we are just coming up to the worst time of the year - Winter, aka S body and other Japanese metal destroyer and I'm not going to be available until November. There is a chance we can squeeze in a meet in November if people are up for it one weekend? It would be nice to meet some new faces? What weekends are people available?

Of course next year will definitely bring a lot more events, whether its a quick bite to eat, a sly beer, or a few laps at a go karting track but I don't want to over load everyone just yet.

Few things of interest - I'm currently in talks with a few companies at the moment, one of which to offer discounted full 4 wheel alignment and another to try and organise a rolling road day for the region/club next year. I will update you all on the progress of this and how many car's we would need.

That's all for now, a few other threads will be popping up and a few old ones updated shortly.
    If you need anything feel free to message me on SXOC via this Link, or add me on Facebook Here especially if you have any ideas or suggestions about good roads, pubs, areas of interest etc

Rides
    As an ex yorkshire rep.....good luck!!! Hahaha

Ibwork funny shifts and always seem to be wprking when things get organised but will do my best i may have a line on a discounted 4 wheel alignment in Beverley if people were up for a drive here. They cant do crazy low cars though.....

In the process of buying a new hosue too and have tent space abound there for a piss up at mine next year. Will also have parking
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Cheers dude.

I'm sure you'll make it to a few of the events in the new year.

Piss up sounds good

Rides
    That's how you write an introduction!

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldoz View Post
    That's how you write an introduction!
    +1.... Fantastic

Rides
    Kust goes to ahpw hpw lazy this area is thpugh when that kind of intro yields one reply from members in the area.....
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    You had a few sherbets Ben?

Rides
    I may have had a few.....and not checked what my fat thumbs had done when typing on my phone lol

Rides
    Haha, you are right though I was expecting at least a few replies.

Rides
    Is everyone hibernating in Yorkshire at the moment :wack

Rides
    Hellooo... Anybody about!?

Rides
    Yeah! Well I am at least

Rides
    Haha seems awfully quiet on the local regional page which is a shame. Nothing much goes off in Sheffield, only the Jap Meet @ Squires café (1st Tuesday of the month) which you probs already know about, its a very good turn out tbh. Me and my other half have S-Bodies he is completely rebuilding a forged 13 and we recently purchased a 14 which has just had new sills, subframe powder coated, new bushed all round, adjustable arms, new brakes (pretty much everything underneath has been stripped and freshened up) looking to attend many shows and meets this year, especially the SXOC one at Rockingham

Rides
    Excellent, me and my other half will be at Rockingham this year too, are you on track?!

Unfortunately Yorkshire has always been very hard to stir people out of their sleep due to it's size, as everyone is spread out and sometimes reluctant to travel distances to meets.

I will be planning a casual meet up soon just for people to pop along to and introduce theirselves to so keep an eye out for that thread popping up in this section

Rides
    It was an excellent intro
    slightly unfortunately in October just as everyone went into hibernation.
    We have daylight now !!

I will certainly be at the SXOC Weekender (My year gets planned around it).
    Other events need to be within 5miles of my house or it's too much hassle :joking:

Rides
    I shall keep my eyes peeled lol we don't mind travelling