Thread: Dutch guy introducing himself :)

Rides

Dutch guy introducing himself :)

Hi all
    My name is Jian, 31yo from Rotterdam the Netherlands.
    I'm not exactly new to the scene anymore, but I've never properly introduced myself, sry bout that

So anyway, I've been snooping around on this forum for yrs. Learnt a lot from how-to's and discussions goin on here. I decided to introduce myself since i plan on checking out the classified section a lot. I got loads of stuff to sell myself :P

Last yr I finally found me a cool stock German S14 close to the Dutch border. The plan was to start with minor mods while at the same time learn to drift with it in stock form.

This is me and my colleague picking it up at the German shop, it was from one of the mechanics there.

And after a good wash

First time drifting in Lelystad (NL) and the last time at Weeze (DE)

And as it is at the moment

Mods so far:
    Nistune on stock S14 EUDM map
    Voodoo mbc at 0.7bar (was 0.45 stock)
    Apexi pod filter
    3" elbow and down pipe to custom 3" cat, HKS center silencer to custom 3" shotgun exit
    Battery relocated to boot
    OEM recirc valve mod (bleed hole blocked)
    Semi pigeon mod (no vacuum line on recirc valve)
    R34 GTT 310mm front brakes
    18" Off road wheels 8.5J et20

Upcoming mods:
    PU bushing on front and rear sway bar and drop links
    Front strut bar
    Front mounted cooler
    550cc side feeds
    Z32 afm
    GReddy old skool ebc

Thanks for the read, and hope to learn lots more from you guys If I get good at drifting, I might come over to the UK to drift on a dry track
    Alright, cheers guys!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Welcome

UK and dry tracks....... It rains here a lot
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Hahahaha yea I know how similar our weather is. But we never get to drift on a dry track here unless you're a pro drifter. The drift tracks here are always kept wet to keep the noise down

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ahh that sucks
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides
    Welcome along.

Ik heb gehoord dat het niet zo goed gaat met driften in NL, jammer want toen ik daar woonde was het aan het groeien...nu mag het nergens meer hoorde ik.

Car looks like a good base, zenki's are the best

Clickme

Rides
    Thank u Stu! So ur a Dutch guy enjoying the weather in the UK? Het is harstikke jammer, maar het wordt overal steeds minder

As Stu is saying, unfortunately, drifting is a dying sport over here Even on wet tracks, the number of places where drifting is allowed are getting less each yr.

Zenki's are cool! But i secretly do admire the Kouki's. In stock form, the Kouki's look so much more aggressive

Rides
    Long time no update, cause well.. There wasn't much happening :P

Until recently. Finally decided it's time to upgrade. So I removed the stock smic and all of the crap that's involved with it, and placed an FMIC instead.

After that, i had to test it out on the track, so joined a drifting event to test it all out. It's held up fine
    Pics taken from the drift event:

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
    Long time no update, cause well.. There wasn't much happening :P

Until recently. Finally decided it's time to upgrade. So I removed the stock smic and all of the crap that's involved with it, and placed an FMIC instead.

After that, i had to test it out on the track, so joined a drifting event to test it all out. It's held up fine
    Pics taken from the drift event:

Hi nice car very similar to mine quick question what did you do with the front fogs more so the reflectors?

Rides
    Thanks mate, I've done nothing to the reflectors. As far as i know these are stock and clear (not yellow like most). The foto might be showing a different color due to enhancements. Or they might be aimed higher than they should :P

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
    Thanks mate, I've done nothing to the reflectors. As far as i know these are stock and clear (not yellow like most). The foto might be showing a different color due to enhancements. Or they might be aimed higher than they should :P
    sorry to clarify a few pictures, at least the last one, shows no front fogs or reflectors. I was hoping to purchase the reflector if it was available for the drivers side?

Rides
    Ahh, i removed it temporarily because of the FMIC. If they fit, they will go back in. I do have 1 left as a spare. I'll see if it's the left one