Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Shrewsbury RB25 s13

Rides

Chris Shrewsbury RB25 s13

Hi I thought I would start a project thread on my s13. I bought the car a couple of months ago as a project. My freind who is also on here bought a 180 and I just fell in love with the cars, so I sold my nissan pulsar and bought a project UK 200sx to do up over winter, I was determined that I was going to put an rb in the car but after reading up on it, and my freind persuading me otherwise I decided to stick with the little ca, it has plenty of potential for me I am aiming for a very modest 350bhp I am on a tight budget for this as we are looking at getting a house the welding is being done by a lad I work with so very lucky there I am a mechanic so that helps with costs a lot,the car starts and drives and here is a picture of how I got it.

Unsurprisingly the boot lid needed welding and had been very badly repaired before I had hoped to find a replacement but struggled so we have had to repair the original one

We then had to remove the fuel tank so we could sort out a really bad hole we had to source a done right panel to do this and we made all off the inner panel and then added the doner panel afterwards

Other than that the car is really very solid I plan to complete strip underneath of the car and paint and reseal I have stripped the fuel tank ready for paint and once the welding is done I can make a sart underneath

Anyway thanks for looking and I will keep updating as I go

Rides
    Good luck with the project Chris. RB and tight budget defo don't go in the same sentence lol.

Rides
    Looks good so far nice to see another 13 being saved! I have a small rust hole in the same place i need to address but nothing like that lol!
    What are you painting the tank with mate?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Looks good so far nice to see another 13 being saved! I have a small rust hole in the same place i need to address but nothing like that lol!
    What are you painting the tank with mate?
    Cheers lads I am going to por 15 the tank and then rub down and Shultz the back end. I have got the car back from my mates now I am chuffed to bits with it the shell is great now so I am going to remove subframe next and buy a poly bush kit next and paint the subframe just to really tidy the shell up then I can get engine out

Rides
    Nice work Chris :-)
    Reckon the 'budget' bit of the build will go out the window, looks like youve got the bug mate ;-)

Rides
    Yea it's already gone lol I will pop and see you in the next couple of weeks and grab them pistons have you moved house yet

Rides
    Just finished the first coat on fuel tank should keep it rust proof for a good few year

Rides
    No rush mate, as and when suits you. Due to move 20th.

Tank looks good :-)

Rides
    Yea I got to just get sorted I have far to much stuff lol the tanks come up well I definitely not trying to build a concorse car just something tidy that will last and be fun to use

Rides
    Chaos looks pretty clean mate I'm jealous.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Had another go on the car yesterday just cleaning off underneath and I also managed to get a coat of por 15 on upto the rear subframe which will be removed next and have all bushes changed and subframe painted and then the floor and chassis cleaned and painted. I am moving house so time really is a struggle at the moment

Rides
    Had a big day on car today got subframe took off and removed diff cooler pipework and pump and I have wire wheeled the rear arches and floor pan to in front off the rear seats so will update with loads of pictures soon

Rides

Rides
    great work on the tank, car looks like a great base (as far as s13s go nowadays) its a lot of work but it will be worth it mate, stick in

Rides
    So been a busy week. we move house this week but managed to find a few hours here and there. I have now stripped and painted about half of the underside and I then finished it off with some body Schultz so really chuffed with how it looks,I have also stripped my subframe down and all the bushes out so hopefully that can be sent off this combing week for shot blast. I am unsure weather to powder coat it or just hand paint it as I have no idea how much powder coating costs ??

Rides
    Looks like good progress, looks clean underneath. I would powder coat the subframe since you've put the effort into stripping it and sending it off for shot blast.

Rides
    What sort of money is it to powder coat it?

Rides
    No idea never done it,just know it looks good, I've heard a set of wheels is about $40 quid. Does that help?

Rides
    £40, pressed wrong button

Rides
    I shal get a quote and let you know