Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Shrewsbury RB25 s13

Rides
    Well been such a long time with no update I have been really busy. Unfortunately the exhaust manifold was no good for a large frame turbo Holset hx35 as it touched the rocker cover so had one made at APW fantastic service and products. I got a Holset hx35 polished the compressor housing.i bought some 650cc Bosch injectors. Sard fuel pressure regulator and piped it. I had norfy make me a wireing loom it's fantastic and he is a really helpful guy. A one piece propshaft made at Shelly transmissions again great. Anyway there's loads been done I will put some pictures up and try and keep the thread better updated. Excuse the mess in garage lol

Rides
    Been doing some more relocated my power steering resvoir and did the pipe work due to the turbo being in the way. I bought a rose motersport silicone hose kit for an r33 I had to trim a few bits but it fitted well which is handy anyway a quick pic

Rides
    This looks well tidy mate, when will 1st start up be? You getting it mapped?

Rides
    Yea thank you I am hope if to start it this weekend but I have been saying that for the last month lol. And yea want to get it mapped maybe link maybe standard ecu mapped I don't know? If I had to put a figure on what power I was after I want 500bhp so

Rides
    This has came a long way, awesome work so far dude

As soon as I seen that old manifold I was thinking how the **** does a turbo fit to that with the stupid orientation of the flange lol

Made the right choice going to APW mate, he made my SR manifold, by far the best manifold I have had on any car.

Also notice a Glanza on the drive earlier in the thread, nice

Rides
    Yea a glanza and an ep82 and an r33.between me and my brother so always plenty to do lol. It seems to be taking forever now tho as it's the exspensive bit so can be frustrating. Yea the original manifold looked nice but wouldn't work with anything near a hx35 also the Exeternal gate flange was in a really poor position so bit the bullet and bought one off Wardy and it's spot on

Rides
    And it's now running fired up first time thank god lol

Rides
    Nice work Chris :-)

Rides
    Cheers mate it's coming on slowly I fitted them gearbox sensors you sent me there spot on thanks

Rides
    its looking very nice in there dude, top work! glad youre happy with the loom, i struggled to see it in there tbh haha.

Rides
    Yea chuffed to bits and fired first time which was great and everything is working as it should be

Rides
    Been doing abit more fit my new coilovers and did a deal/part swapping to get some discs and pads brand new I have made up new intercooler pipe work so it's slowly getting there very slow ��

Rides

Rides
    Can you show me where you routed your intercooler pipes mate? I'm trying to make my engine bay as neat as possible.
    Also what radiator did you use some body or r body? Also coolant hoses?
    Where did you mount power steering reservoir & pipe routing?
    Which engine mounts did you use as I have dB power polyurethane from my car Engine I'd like to use?
    Last edited by ianlea73; 03-01-2017 at 20:07.

Rides
    Ok quite a few questions lol. Ok so use an S body radiator I got a driftworks one advertised for a ca18 det. I then bought a roose Motersport silicone hose kit for an r33 rb25 det they fit perfectly I just trimmed the heater ones and top hose and they fit perfect. I got rid of the turbo water pipes the Holset doesn't need them also got rid of the bleed pipe on thermostat housing and that then runs through throttle body so that's all gone. If you zoom in buy the air filter you will see my power steering reservoir I made a bracket for it and then put new rubber oil hoses on and exstended them and then I had a new pressure hose made up and used my s13 steering rack the hoses are that old they need replacing any way I also exstended them so they could be hidden. Norfy exstended the wireing loom as well so it's all hidden. Engine mounts are standard r32 mounts and r32 crossmember and then I just adapted a auto gearbox mount for the gearbox. Intercooler pipes go through the wings so nice and neat

Rides
    Thanks mate, sorry to bombard you. I'll still have plenty more.

Rides
    Anytime mate

Rides
    Not long before it runs eh Chris :-) good work fella

Rides
    Cheers mate it runs in a fashion lol it hunts up and down and is over fueling but to be exspected with all the different bits done to it

Rides
    I've read about the arb interfering with the rb sump. Did you have any issues?