Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4x4 experts needed

Rides
    recommend in future stick with 16" rims, the off road tyre choice is immensely bigger, once you've got muds on you'll just forget about it and leave them on

Rides
    Ok so lift kit is on, exhuast welded up, new tow bar bar made and fitted 5mm box section.

my question is will it need alignment now after the lift kit its only 2(or 2.5inch) front and 1.5inch rear lift

a winch is so tempting

Rides
    I had a set of these and thought the noise was not to bad. It didn't annoy me at all to be honest .

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...qQw8AgahKZM%3A

Rides
    A quick reset of the tracking would probably do, adding plus 2 inches to the angle of the rods you will have changed the shape , and knowing how expensive mt's are it's not worth killing the edges for the sake of tracking

Rides
    Thats what I thought the new wheels and tyres arent been delivered till tuesday so cant see how it looks till then

took a decent chunk of metal out of one of the stock wheels on the inside.

tbh I thought the tyres was cheap I mean they are huge with massive tread whencompared to a 355/30 tyre at 600-1100 each its not bad.

I just hope it works and the ground dries up

Rides
    with an independent front end, unless you fit a long travel suspension kit they always end up running a big of positive camber once lifted kinda like \ / that, once you have a winch and bumper on front though it will bring it down more even

Rides
    Wheels on today went for a drive its got a really horrible rumble I thought it was the tyres rubbing(more like hopeing)

Pretty sure the rear diff must have got damaged on draining the oil it was very metallic and the drive shafts are perfect so really gutted

Rides
    its a super tonk a toy now

had 2 of these is the bed today and the drive drive and field are super super wet but with the new tyres it seems to just blast through though i do try to keep going rather than stopping as I'm still nervous it will get stuck.

i was super impressed with it carring these bales tho did feel like it was pulling a wheelie going up the steep hill.