Thread: Water in drivers footwell

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Water in drivers footwell

My s14 is currently leaking pretty well with the water only pooling in the drivers footwell next to the clutch pedal but nowhere else.

I initially thought that the water was getting in through the engine loom bung and getting thrown up from the wheels but I haven't driven the car since drying it out yesterday and now it's wet again after today's rain

Are there any common faults? Is their a scuttle drain that can get blocked like on vag cars? I'm worried it may need a new screen but aren't they bonded in? Never had a screen out so not sure

Any suggestions welcomed although ideally I don't want to remove the dash if I can avoid it.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    dunno
    It's natural to blame the windscreen with your symptoms, but iirc your screen has not been disturbed for years.

Next guess would be heater matrix, but that's a very rare problem on S14s. What does the water by the clutch pedal taste like ?

Rides
    depends if is rain water or coolant

one could be heater the other could be a fair few things.

You can normally feel the carpet around the edge which will give you a few clues.

My rx8 was leaking via the door card.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Water is clean and clear and doesn't have the feel of coolant. The screen hasn't been touched in years but could be to blame. The grommet from the drivers door to body is out at the moment so there is a slight chance that could be the source. Doubt it though.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Take off your door card and you should have A plastic sheet behind it. Check that its
    on and sealed to the metal work.
    we fix loads of water leaks on cars at work and most of the time its that.
    hope its of some help to you.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheers for the tip. 99% sure it's still in place as its always in the way when I take the card off. Simple to check though so worth a look

Rides
    The black rubber bit around the wing mirror can be adjusted to seal tighter against the car. Water could be coming in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    If it dry tomorrow I'll do some hunting with a hose pipe and a torch or if it's raining just the torch

Rides
    what about the hole where the bonnet release cable enters the cabin.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    That's the same as the engine loom iirc. It's an option for sure

Rides
    Chris, did you ever find where the water was coming in from?

(Thread revival! ;-) )

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yes mate. Was coming in where the electrics feed through for the drivers door. Seems the bung had popped out

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Yes mate. Was coming in where the electrics feed through for the drivers door. Seems the bung had popped out
    Thanks! I will check that tomorrow. I removed the scuttle panel cover today and everything looks okay. So the search continues. Tomorrow I'll get the hose out.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Good luck mate. It’s frustrating. Saw your post and that’s a lot of water so imagine it should be obvious

Rides
    My update is on the other thread. No luck so far. But at least I haven't found gapping rust holes .. yet...