Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S14A Race Car?

Rides

S14A Race Car?

I bought this and I'm planning on turning it into a race car. I'm thinking of a DY Engine Services full race engine with a Full Race Turbo kit - Borg and Warner Twin Scroll with twin Tial waste gates and Full Race intercooler. Greddy Inlet. 60mm Bosch throttle body. Quaife dog box. Ohlins DFV's coil overs with Eibach springs. Weld in full cage by Fabricage. OS Giken LSD and twin plate clutch. Solid mount rear sub frame. Hardrace arms. Twin 044 Bosch pumps and swirl pot. Remote oil filter and cooler. MoTec C125 dash with GPS, Motec M1 ECU. Motel PDM all on a motorsport loom with fly by wire throttle. AP 6 pots on fully floating 355 discs and proportioning valve. Recaro Profi SPG seat with Willans harness. BMRS hoses and lines by GBE. 18 X 9 & 18 X 10 Team Dynamics Pro Race wheels with 265/35 X 18 & 295/35 X 18 tyres. Respray in white

Do-able?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Kevin Bird; 14-02-2016 at 20:46.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bird View Post
    I bought this and I'm planning on turning it into a race car. I'm thinking of a DY Engine Services full race engine with a Full Race Turbo kit - Borg and Warner Twin Scroll with twin Tial waste gates and Full Race intercooler. Greedy Inlet. 60mm Bosch throttle body. Quaife dog box. Ohlins DFV's coil overs with Eibach springs. Weld in full cage by Fabricage. OS Giken LSD and twin plate clutch. Solid mount rear sub frame. Hardrace arms. Twin 044 Bosch pumps and swirl pot. Remote oil filter and cooler. MoTec C125 dash with GPS, Motec M1 ECU. Motel PDM all on a motorsport loom with fly by wire throttle. AP 6 pots on fully floating 355 discs and proportioning valve. Recaro Profi SPG seat with Willans harness. BMRS hoses and lines by GBE. 18 X 9 & 18 X 10 Team Dynamics Pro Race wheels with 265/35 X 18 & 295/35 X 18 tyres. Respray in white

Do-able?

[IMG][/IMG]
    All you need to make these a race car is a atmospheric BOV and a straight through exhaust mate, would waste the money on all that tat tbh.

On a serious note, if you have the time, money and enthusiasm, anything is possible! Would certainly like to see it with all those bits on it though!

( Please don't paint it white :P )

Rides
    I like white!

Taken a couple of weeks ago. More advanced now, I'll post some more photos tomorrow. I forgot to mention the heated screen and perspex windows

Massive thanks to Dave Yandell, none of this project would have been possible without him dyengineservices.co.uk I can't recommend him highly enough

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Kevin Bird; 14-02-2016 at 20:49.

Rides
    Like that, R32 DBY throttle?

Rides
    No, a Bosch Motorsport 60mm re drilled to fit the inlet, thanks Dave!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Nice project, where are you based in Somerset?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Nice. You racing this in Coombe's saloon car championship?

Rides
    I bought this and I'm planning on turning it into a race car. I'm thinking of a DY Engine Services full race engine with a Full Race Turbo kit - Borg and Warner Twin Scroll with twin Tial waste gates and Full Race intercooler. Greddy Inlet. 60mm Bosch throttle body. Quaife dog box. Ohlins DFV's coil overs with Eibach springs. Weld in full cage by Fabricage. OS Giken LSD and twin plate clutch. Solid mount rear sub frame. Hardrace arms. Twin 044 Bosch pumps and swirl pot. Remote oil filter and cooler. MoTec C125 dash with GPS, Motec M1 ECU. Motel PDM all on a motorsport loom with fly by wire throttle. AP 6 pots on fully floating 355 discs and proportioning valve. Recaro Profi SPG seat with Willans harness. BMRS hoses and lines by GBE. 18 X 9 & 18 X 10 Team Dynamics Pro Race wheels with 265/35 X 18 & 295/35 X 18 tyres. Respray in white

Do-able?
    Ha, that name looks very familiar. Hi Kevin, you might remember me. You came to look at my car The White one in Milton Keynes.

If you want to go forward with a Full Race plan I would reccomend you look at the 7064 and a manifold for 38mm wastegates. The 7064 will, I still believe, be a better turbo than a 7670 and the 38mm wastegates will save you a lot of packaging woes. Also, scrap the idea of the Full Race Intercooler. You're better off buying a great core over here and having proper bracketry made up. The FR brackets look flimsy.
    Last edited by piman2k; 01-02-2016 at 07:48.

Rides
    How much power do you want/need?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Near Castle Cary

Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Nice. You racing this in Coombe's saloon car championship?
    That's the plan

Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Ha, that name looks very familiar. Hi Kevin, you might remember me. You came to look at my car The White one in Milton Keynes.

If you want to go forward with a Full Race plan I would reccomend you look at the 7064 and a manifold for 38mm wastegates. The 7064 will, I still believe, be a better turbo than a 7670 and the 38mm wastegates will save you a lot of packaging woes. Also, scrap the idea of the Full Race Intercooler. You're better off buying a great core over here and having proper bracketry made up. The FR brackets look flimsy.
    I'm using their intercooler the brackets are fine, I'll post a photo later

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    How much power do you want/need?
    550ish
    Last edited by Kevin Bird; 01-02-2016 at 08:42.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Somewhere I saw some photos of your car on a ramp with the geo being done, was this local?

Rides
    Chris had his alignment done at Taunton MOT Centre / Greenway Motors by a member on here

Kevin - come introduce yourself to us crazy local lot tomorrow at our monthly meet if you can, it'd be great to meet you and hear about your plans for this build!

Rides
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Kevin Bird; 14-02-2016 at 20:52.

Rides
    Looking good so far. Are you planning to fit adjustable lower arms? Rose jointed arms, Poly bushes everywhere and Roll Centre Correction is a must if you want the car to handle. Why an OS Giken LSD? Have you looked into any others, like Nismo or Cusco? 1.5 way I assume. Dog box is a good shout but £££££'s I look forward to seeing this progress.

Rides
    Very nice build. And well done in completing the water cooled wastegate mod. Tried that on mine but gave up. If your planning on doing a fair bit of track work it might be an idea to relocate the PAS reservoir.

Very cool project and nice to see other people spending money on quality parts

Rides
    Awesome project. I'll be keeping an eye on this. My only thing I don't like is you didn't keep it damson .

Rides
    Going to follow this one! looking great so far, like the white color and that turbo is looking huuuuge! Good luck (y)

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Somewhere I saw some photos of your car on a ramp with the geo being done, was this local?
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Chris had his alignment done at Taunton MOT Centre / Greenway Motors by a member on here

Kevin - come introduce yourself to us crazy local lot tomorrow at our monthly meet if you can, it'd be great to meet you and hear about your plans for this build!
    As Ben said I had that done in Taunton by a mate/member on here. He doesn't have access to corner weight scales though which I imagine you may need?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post

Thanks, sorry can't make tonight but hopefully next time

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Looking good so far. Are you planning to fit adjustable lower arms? Rose jointed arms, Poly bushes everywhere and Roll Centre Correction is a must if you want the car to handle. Why an OS Giken LSD? Have you looked into any others, like Nismo or Cusco? 1.5 way I assume. Dog box is a good shout but £££££'s I look forward to seeing this progress.
    Arms fitted but with rubber bushes. OS seemed the best option.