Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve's '91 Silvia PS13

Rides
    So got the Tomei Expreme Ti exhaust fitted on Saturday. Cannot explain how easy this was to fit haha!

Because of the DMax rear bumper, the exhaust doesn't sit the best. But that will be cut and Welded to extend the tip past the bumper soon (started melting already)

As a system, it is incredible! I know they're extremely expensive, but it's such a beautiful exhaust and weighs 4.5kg!

Here's a few photos and a short acceleration video from inside the car. It doesn't really do it justice, it's miles louder in person! I know it won't be to everyone's taste, but I think it sounds incredible!

Excuse the filthy car! Haven't washed it since I've had it as it still leaks when it rains haha.

http://youtu.be/iUSDc5xNr6E
    Last edited by steve1093; 21-03-2016 at 23:56.

Rides
    Sounds wicked dude! I had the same issue with my exhaust and made a spacer section using 2 flanges and 3" of 3" stainless pipe but i had to bend the exhaust hangers too!

Rides
    Also mate do you fancy a jap car meet on Saturday evening in southampton? Loads of us going so should be awesome!

Rides
    Exactly the same issue with my exhaust too lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Sounds wicked dude! I had the same issue with my exhaust and made a spacer section using 2 flanges and 3" of 3" stainless pipe but i had to bend the exhaust hangers too!
    Cheers man! Yeah I'm hoping just to weld a section in and that be that... But nothing is ever that simple haha.

Also mate do you fancy a jap car meet on Saturday evening in southampton? Loads of us going so should be awesome!
    Yeah I'm around Saturday, drop me a pm with the details dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnstormer View Post
    Exactly the same issue with my exhaust too lol
    Seems to be quite common then! I'm hoping for a simple fix haha

Rides
    Pm'd

Rides
    Had a nice 4am start this morning. Had a photoshoot and some video footage of the car taken down at the New Forest.

These were taken on my phone, so I can't wait to see the edits they have done! Will be a little video up shortly

Rides
    Right, so here's the video edit from yesterday. The guys over at Broken Physics Productions did an incredible job for only a few hours of shooting!

http://youtu.be/Eaf8UL_JJ0A

Broken Physics Productions
    www.brokenphysics.co.uk
    Info@brokenphysics.co.uk

Give them a shout if you're down south and interested in something similar!

Rides
    Big thanks to Rich for organising the rolling road day this morning! Good to finally meet some of you.

Nice to see most of us were disappointed with the results too! Haha.

So I made 254.8, which is pretty disappointing... The AFR was all over the place and it's running very lean. Runs very rich on idle and very lean on boost, the exact opposite of what it should be!
    Time to pop down to Horsham Developments!

Was a good morning though, now roll on Japfest, if it doesn't blow up on the way! Haha.

B18 yo! Haha.

Rides
    That's pretty awful for t28, should be more like 320 odd not 250

Rides
    You got up at 4am to take some photo's all be it they are really good pics but 4am!!!

I had a similar Rich / lean scenario and it was a dud cas, could have a vac leak somewhere?

Rides
    cars looking amazing mate and the zorst sounded mint on the way to the dyno day and japfest!

and at least your dyno result was better than mine was hahaha

Rides
    Been absolutely ages since I've updated this on here!

Nothing too drastic just yet, but there's been a fair few changes. Here's a few up to date photos of how she's sitting.

So firstly there's the new front wheels. Kind of a temporary thing until I can find some decent spec Work VS-KF's. But these are Work T7R's, 17x9 et25 in GT Silver. Think they really suit the PS shape!

Still need the car lower, but I can't go much more without the front actually touching the road. So I'm in two minds whether to change to 18's instead of the 17's.

But finally got the alignment sorted for the first time since I've owned it, and as you can see below, it was a tad out...

Also spent a couple of days trying to bring up the paintwork a little, with some decent results. Not bad for just polishing and waxing without a machine polisher.

Also decided to bin most of the interior and stick the other Bride seat in. Managed to get my hands on one of Jimmy Up's hand engraved Dragonball Z steering wheels!

And then there's the most recent purchase which was this week.

I managed to buy a complete TD06 setup! Was after a genuine new Greddy kit from Japan, but the thought of paying nearly £3000 was kind of difficult.
    So I managed to grab this kit off of a lad selling it on Driftworks for just over £600.
    It's a Kinugawa TD06 20g, matched to a Autobahn 88 manifold with replica HKS external wastegate and screamer pipe.

I'm not a fan of cheap Chinese turbos at all, but I've heard half decent reviews on Kinugawa turbos. So hopefully it won't be too bad. But the plan is to get the turbo rebuilt, buy a genuine Tial external wastegate and hopefully it should do the job.
    Can't wait for many loud noises. Missed how the TD04 setup felt on my old Glanza, so hopefully this will be fairly similar. Although should be good for around 350-400bhp.

All sounding fairly positive, I had more than enough issues with the car in general.
    Main ones being broken window motor, which turned out to be a nightmare to try and get hold of...
    And the most recent which is the heater blower deciding to pack up. Perfect timing in winter! So I'm currently on the lookout for a new blower motor.
    Also, the car manages to leak water in from almost every possible place... so annoying yet I just have no motivation to start with the silicone!

But all seems to be heading in the right direction, so hopefully more updates to come!

Rides
    I like that steering wheel. Keep the updates coming.

Rides
    Where you been hiding mate? I like those wheels as you say they suit it well!

Some impressive results from hand polishing it too.

You coming along to any events this year?

Rides
    The wife tried to get me a jimmy up wheel for xmas almost impossible lol your a lucky guy

Rides
    very nice looking car dude.

id keep the t7r, such a good looking wheel on your car, especially with the type 3 kit.
    Kinugawa turbos are really good, never had a bad one. youll find the 20g is a bit laggy but will punch the boost in hard. i think 1.5 bar is the sweet spot for a td06 but thats 400hp gearbox eating territory. they sound awesome with a top mount, wonder what itll be like with the Ti.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    I like that steering wheel. Keep the updates coming.
    Thanks man!

Where you been hiding mate? I like those wheels as you say they suit it well!

Some impressive results from hand polishing it too.

You coming along to any events this year?
    Ahh it's been a long time, had lots going on! Yeah she's slowly starting to take shape.

Yeah man, I'm hoping to get along to quite a few shows this year, providing the car keeps going!

Quote Originally Posted by bennyboy View Post
    The wife tried to get me a jimmy up wheel for xmas almost impossible lol your a lucky guy
    Yeah I managed to get no. 22, so took me a lot of attempts to get one!

Quote Originally Posted by norfy View Post
    very nice looking car dude.

id keep the t7r, such a good looking wheel on your car, especially with the type 3 kit.
    Kinugawa turbos are really good, never had a bad one. youll find the 20g is a bit laggy but will punch the boost in hard. i think 1.5 bar is the sweet spot for a td06 but thats 400hp gearbox eating territory. they sound awesome with a top mount, wonder what itll be like with the Ti.
    Cheers! Yeah I really do like the T7R's, although they were just temporary until I found a pair of Work VS-KF's. I know the TD06's generally run better with more boost, but I think I'd be happy with around 350-370ish. Still on stock internals, and like you say, don't want to be eating through gearboxes!
    Currently have the old HKS system on as the Tomei system was a bit loud for those cold starts in the morning. I do plan on putting it back on for the TD06 though. Should be good!

Rides
    Bit of a change in direction.

This will be up for sale in the coming months

Rides
    That's a shame, looks like a good car.