Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lil EJ's Lil Spec R Aero - "Yuki"

Rides
    Snazzy engine bay incoming? Great work

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    Snazzy engine bay incoming? Great work
    Haha thank you! Yes there will be lots of snazzy bits but also some unseen "go faster" mods occurring too

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Lovely car, exactly the same as what I'm hoping to own this year! Love the picture of yours, the yellow one and the grey one. Great work so far

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lukes14a View Post
    Lovely car, exactly the same as what I'm hoping to own this year! Love the picture of yours, the yellow one and the grey one. Great work so far
    Thank you best of luck getting yours, they're ace you'll love it!!!

Rides
    Well this weekend we finally had some nice weather, so after a couple of meets I went and found one of my fav spots for a quick shoot with her whilst she was still shiny and sparkly and the weather was still sunny haha

Rides
    Awesome photos

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    Awesome photos
    thank you it was just such a beautiful day i had to make the most of it!!

Rides
    Last pics look great, I can never capture the pearl properly but you can definitely see it in those!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CMR View Post
    Last pics look great, I can never capture the pearl properly but you can definitely see it in those!
    Thanks CMR - you're so right the pearl is a complete mare to photograph lol, she's been a learning curve as far as my photography skills go lol!

Rides
    Had the day off Friday and decided to tackle some jobs under the engine bay. She's pretty damn tidy there really, mostly stock, but I wanted to desperately polish her strut brace and just give a general once over clean under there, after all whites are terrible for showing up the dirt and it always seems to stain so I would rather keep on top of it!
    I only had some 2000grit wet n dry on me so I tried my luck with that - and it worked a treat, so pleased as I couldn't be bothered to have to go out and buy more haha!
    The photo below shows her brace as it was, then after the sanding, then a half and half after autosol-ing, then the final fully autosol-ed brace!
    I will be getting the ends powdercoated (they are currently painted) but waiting to send a batch of stuff in over the winter when I shan't be using her so much

On Sunday I went along with a local car club who had organised a charity event for our neonatal services in Stoke. More to support the cause than anything I paid the extra to enter the show and shine - amazingly Yuki came second!! There was some strong competition, and from some very nice cars too so I am well chuffed

Rides
    I finally decided to get the stereo sorted this weekend. Yuki came with an aftermarket Kenwood unit in, but it didnt play CDs (or at least not copied ones anyway, I don't own CDs so had to make one especially to try lol!) and there were no other input options (no USB, aux or bluetooth) and I could only pick up about 2 radio stations, not that I listen to the radio either. I was quite happy listening to the exhaust anyway whilst I found a unit specific to my requirements. I have no intentions of weighing the car down with excessive audio, nor will I have the space for it in the boot with one 2 year old and another one the way in the next few weeks (prams, nappy bags etc!!), so my requirements were simple, although hard to find - single din (i have moved my MSTT to the lower shelf) and must have bluetooth and a rear usb (hate wires and bits sticking out the front of units) - eventually I found something that matched this (you have no idea how hard it is to find rear USB units these days!!!) - anyway this lovely Pioneer X560BT, complete with customisation of the colour (so I Can match my dial gauge so all colours on the inside are the same!) is now installed! The photo is sh1te I can only apologise, my phone takes rubbish pics, but the stereo looks the dogs, nice clean and simple interface and in this pic its actually glowing a lovely bright red, not orange as it appears lmao! Oh and for future ref for otheres, even tho Yuki came with an aftermarket unit (fitted in Japan) I still needed ISO adapter leads, Halfords Nissan specific PC2-76-4 did the trick perfectly

I also installed my dashcam. I do a lot of daily miles and find dashcams very useful. I recently upgraded the dailys and trialled it for a couple of months, liked it and so bought one for the husbands car and Yuki too. Top quality HD footage from the front and rear, wifi (so I can be sure I can get the footage saved safely to my phone wherever I am!) and it has parking mode too (so many spiteful and careless people about!). The great thing is you don't need software (like my old dashcam) to view the footage on a laptop or computer either, which is great because it now means I can just view and save footage on my super restricted works laptop straight from the SD card! For anyone interested I went for the Lukas 9750WiFi Duo - it's pricey but it's saved my ass in several situations that may have gone 50:50 at best on my insurance!! Call me paranoid but I know full well if the police came along to an accident involving a little old man in a Focus and someone in a modified car, it's too easy for them to make the wrong assumptions...

Rides
    Since I have picked Yuki up, she has rattled/tapped a bit, which I had assumed was a sticky injector - it didn't get worse or better when warmed up, and sped up under load. Redex hadn't solved this I put a video up on the S15 facebook page - the general consensus was actually that it was VVT rattle!! I was advised to give her an oil change with some 10w40 - not a problem as I had the oil change kit all ready to go anyway and was just waiting for some time off of work. This finally happened this weekend whooo, so an oil change was done - I was originally going to put in a 10w40 fully synthetic but again was told that Nissan use semi, and since I had access to both oils I went for the semi, and after the oil service I can say she is all quiet again!
    Oddly, before this service I replaced the battery, and this also quietened down the rattle a bit, but the oil change has shut it up completely, so I am very happy now I'll stick and few miles on her and see if she stays quiet, fingers crossed!!