Not jsut us who are not happy with the new ghostbusters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFcN...ature=youtu.be

Rides
    Who framed Roger Rabbit ?

Rides
    two lane blacktop

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Personal preference really. Although the CGI in Ang Lee's Hulk was too cartoony, I actually preferred that over the reboot with Ed Norton. Saying that, Mark Ruffalo does the best Banner.
    The Ang Lee Hulk movie is a trainwreck. The CGI is so bad that i actually find it completely unwatchable. It's a shame because I preferred the way that they handled the Hulk's origin story (probably as Stan Lee & Jack Kirby wrote it). The later one had a much stronger cast too and was a better movie overall though I feel.

My take on remakes/reboots is this, if there is a valid justification for it then I've no issue. For example, the early Batman movies were quite camp and pretty light-hearted, but Nolan wanted to make a darker version closer to the comic character. No problem. Same can be said for Judge Dredd (Now there's a movie that badly needs a sequel).

The latest Spiderman movies though are literally no different to the Tobey Maguire ones and do nothing to further the character. The origin story is so familiar now that it was actually painful to watch again. It's annoying as it seems like the studio blatantly just milking the cash cow at this stage.

Rides
    I can't help but think the biggest problems with remakes these days is because everything has to be so PC. Sarah Connor can no longer be the damsel in distress so they went back in time and wrote a new timeline where she saves Reece's arse. The Robocop remake was a watered down disgrace and anything else that had heart and a pair of balls back then wouldn't be appropriate for 2016.

Rides
    Superman is a little boring as a character though, I mean when the main character is basically invulnerable and almost god-like it takes alot of drama out of the film.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by #1 Adam View Post
    I can't help but think the biggest problems with remakes these days is because everything has to be so PC. Sarah Connor can no longer be the damsel in distress so they went back in time and wrote a new timeline where she saves Reece's arse. The Robocop remake was a watered down disgrace and anything else that had heart and a pair of balls back then wouldn't be appropriate for 2016.
    The recent RoboCop remake for example??

Rides
    Robocop was THE biggest disappointment, wandered so far from the original that you cant call it a re-make!

As a film though it wasn't too bad if you ignore the originals.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky_s13 View Post
    Robocop was THE biggest disappointment, wandered so far from the original that you cant call it a re-make!

I would buy it for a doller

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    People need to get less butt hurt over remakes. If you dislike a remake, you can go watch the original. If you watch it and like it, its an alternative take on the story you know.

Things like Robocop and other 80s movies you couldn't make it like the original. The 80s were a crazy drug fueled time.... Also, why would you want them to make it scene by scene the same. Surely you'd just watch the original....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    The Ang Lee Hulk movie is a trainwreck. The CGI is so bad that i actually find it completely unwatchable. It's a shame because I preferred the way that they handled the Hulk's origin story (probably as Stan Lee & Jack Kirby wrote it). The later one had a much stronger cast too and was a better movie overall though I feel.
    That's kinda what I meant, felt the story was better. The remake probably had Edward Norton's grubby hands over the script

Quote Originally Posted by CLINT

My take on remakes/reboots is this, if there is a valid justification for it then I've no issue. For example, the early Batman movies were quite camp and pretty light-hearted, but Nolan wanted to make a darker version closer to the comic character. No problem. Same can be said for Judge Dredd (Now there's a movie that badly needs a sequel).

The latest Spiderman movies though are literally no different to the Tobey Maguire ones and do nothing to further the character. The origin story is so familiar now that it was actually painful to watch again. It's annoying as it seems like the studio blatantly just milking the cash cow at this stage.
    Karl Urban's Dredd was much better than Stallone's

Rides
    Dredd was a great example of a reboot (or whatever) being vastly better than the original.

Robocop was an okish action movie, its problem is that it shared the name with a legend.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Karl Urban's Dredd was much better than Stallone's
    100%. That's what I meant if it wasn't clear above. As a big fan of the Dredd comic growing up, everything about the Stallone movie p*ssed me off.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    People need to get less butt hurt over remakes. If you dislike a remake, you can go watch the original. If you watch it and like it, its an alternative take on the story you know.

Things like Robocop and other 80s movies you couldn't make it like the original. The 80s were a crazy drug fueled time.... Also, why would you want them to make it scene by scene the same. Surely you'd just watch the original....

I see where you're coming from

However, why remake a film at all? There are so many great stories out there that could be made into a movie, and a good one at that, and yet we have to put up with cash cow reboots all the time.
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides

Half the point of a remake is to try and bring new CGI and production techniques in to improve on the shortcomings of older movies, it wouldn't be hard to remake Robocop and do a better job as IMO the acting in the originals wasn't amazing, the storys got kinda silly and some of the special effects were abit of a joke.

One of the main issues is the original was 18 certificate, which brings all the swearing and 'proper' action a film like Robocop needs.
    The remake was PG-13, which made it complete shit.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    However, why remake a film at all? There are so many great stories out there that could be made into a movie, and a good one at that, and yet we have to put up with cash cow reboots all the time.
    ^^^^ This

How many great stories are being ignored simply because Hollywood are too cautious to take a risk?

With an exception though. Generally the Oscar baiting movies will be original stories and have to say they were quite refreshing as well. Even though Fury Road won the most Oscars this year, I would not include it as an Oscar baiting movie

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    I see where you're coming from

Because its the Movie Business. Simple as.... Holywood isn't about making art anymore, its about making money. Its that simple.... they see a property that works, so the brand is recognised and worthy of putting a new version out again.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    The recent RoboCop remake for example??
    Yes, a perfect example!

Quote Originally Posted by sparky_s13 View Post

I thought the same about the latest Terminator. As a standalone film, it was entertaining, but like the Robocop remake, it didn't feel like it was cut from the same cloth as the originals.

Personally, if they have to remake some of the classics, I think they need to, at least, nail the tone of the franchise.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by #1 Adam View Post
    Personally, if they have to remake some of the classics, I think they need to, at least, nail the tone of the franchise.
    Kinda like if Nissan did finally release an S16 model, but it was a FWD with a Diesel or small N/A engine