Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 - 2016

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I'm a Hamilton fan but not a fan boy by any means. Rosberg is driving very well and even if Lewis had t had his run of bad luck he'd of been hard to beat IMO.

Hamilton is a very solid driver, I'd definitely say he's one of the quickest if not the quickest out and out racer on the grid. Being in the right place at the right time may look like luck to some but it's not quite that simple imo.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I dont think anyone becomes world champ in a shit car so everyone was in the right place at the right time, thats half the battle IMO. Lewis out drove a double world champion in his rookie year and won the title in his 2nd, you dont do that by being average and no matter how much you say he was favoured by Ron he still out to go out and do it on the track. He is the best racer out there and like Alonso can drag an average car around and make it look better than it is. Vettel is one of the best in a good car and superb over a lap, he has also improved since his time at Ferrari.

Rosberg is a good driver but if you had everyone in the same car I think he would struggle to get in the top 10 IMO, certainly not in the top 5.

If he doesnt win it this year with a near 50 point lead I think it will crush him totally and i can see Merc sticking Wehrlein in the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    Ferrari only won the constructors because Mclaren were disqualified for being in possession of Ferrari data, if you look at the points scored by Lewis and Fernando that year then they would have won it by 14 points. And we all know if Mclaren had favoured either driver they would of walked the championship. It was only for Kimi's fantastic 2nd half of the season as Lewis and Fernando were squabbling with each other that won it for him really.

Also in 2008 Ferrari won the constructors because Kovalainen did poorly compared to Lewis. You saying the 2008 car wasn't a championship winning car as well?
    No I was saying that the 2008 car wasn't a constructors championship winning car on the grounds that it didn't win the constructors championship.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Lets face it though, if Rosberg doesnt get any mechanical faults and can continue to qualify 1st or 2nd on the grid and avoid driving into his teammate its in the bag, isnt it?

He doesnt have to do anything amazing or spectacular as his car is so much faster than everyone elses, TBH unless Lewis is up there racing him you wouldnt notice if he did something special anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I dont think anyone becomes world champ in a shit car so everyone was in the right place at the right time, thats half the battle IMO. Lewis out drove a double world champion in his rookie year and won the title in his 2nd, you dont do that by being average and no matter how much you say he was favoured by Ron he still out to go out and do it on the track. He is the best racer out there and like Alonso can drag an average car around and make it look better than it is. Vettel is one of the best in a good car and superb over a lap, he has also improved since his time at Ferrari.

Rosberg is a good driver but if you had everyone in the same car I think he would struggle to get in the top 10 IMO, certainly not in the top 5.

If he doesnt win it this year with a near 50 point lead I think it will crush him totally and i can see Merc sticking Wehrlein in the car.
    Rosberg did out drive Schumacher in the same car. You don't do that by being average.

That being said, the fact that he is a nice bloke, may be his downfall

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Lets face it though, if Rosberg doesnt get any mechanical faults and can continue to qualify 1st or 2nd on the grid and avoid driving into his teammate its in the bag, isnt it?
    Not really, if Lewis wins the next 6 races and Nico 2nd the lead has evaporated to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Rosberg did out drive Schumacher in the same car. You don't do that by being average.

That being said, the fact that he is a nice bloke, may be his downfall
    A 40 year old Schumacher who had been out the sport for about 5 years, he was a shadow of his former self. Rosberg wouldnt get close to a 30 year old Schumacher
    Mark is right.

Rides
    People also forget the cars were a different generation, all that was intuitive about schumachers ra ing was of little value in the new era.
    Ironically Raikonnen made a better transition to the new cars albeit not as good as his 1st career
    Rosbergs a top no2, but fully agree that in equal cars he wouldnt trouble the top 10...

Rides
    I'm a Hamilton fan but deffo not one the conspiracy lot. I'm not a fan of Nico but he is doing a good job and so he should be. He has been at that team for years. He has helped build that car around him. He has arguably the best and worst/hardest team mate to have and has finally almost negated the advantage LH has over him through hard work and learning everything he can about where to find time.. I have no doubt if you stuck them both in a Ferrari tomorrow LH would be 2nd or 3rd and Nico would 10th-15th. Nico hasn't been challenged this year so far. When it happens I think it will be spectacular and quite possibly for all the wrong reasons again.

This is probably his one real chance to win a championship. If he does LH will come back hungrier next year.

Will Merc keep Nico on though even if he wins? He will undoubtedly want a lot more money being a champion.

Rides
    Nico's never been about the money, same as Jenson, both have low salaries in order to fit in their team mate's salaries. He even said once (before the v6 hybrid era) He'd earn nothing for the whole season if it meant he could win the WDC.

Back to sundays race, i think Lewis' attitude on the podium sucked, even Nico's to a point, Kimi was just being Kimi, we can't expect more from him lol.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Hamilton didn't spray the champagne due to being the anniversary of Sienna's death from what I've read.

He was mardy too so could of just been that.

He did say something interesting in one of the post race interviews about how all of his engineers from the past three years had been moved to rosbergs car "for no apparent reason" and even toto alluded to himiltons issues in qualifying with the engine being caused by incorrect settings being used.

If this is true or not I don't know but it could go some way to explaining his mood.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I'm sure it wasn't all of the engineers. Toto also mentioned that some of the changes were due to staff turnover as some moved to other F1 teams over winter.

Both cars are identical, so if the wrong settings were used on Lewis' car then it could have equally be done to Nico's car had that particular mechanic been in charge at the time lol.

Its a very sensitive subject atm, the rise of social media means the fans have much more access to the teams and drivers than ever before, and this is some way not helping the conspiracy theorists because they're the armchair fans, much like those who suddenly support Leicester City lol. They need to keep their tin foil hats on i think.

Edit: the champagne spraying thing makes sense if that was his reason.

Rides
    Nico's never been about the money, He even said once (before the v6 hybrid era) He'd earn nothing for the whole season if it meant he could win the WDC.
    Losers always say that

I imagine his attitude would change after he had won it
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Losers always say that

I imagine his attitude would change after he had won it
    Haha most likely correct. But for now its sincere, Lewis earns tripple Nico, i don't think he's 3 times as good nor does 3 times better job though!

Rides
    He has 3 more titles
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I'm sure it wasn't all of the engineers. Toto also mentioned that some of the changes were due to staff turnover as some moved to other F1 teams over winter.

Both cars are identical, so if the wrong settings were used on Lewis' car then it could have equally be done to Nico's car had that particular mechanic been in charge at the time lol.

Its a very sensitive subject atm, the rise of social media means the fans have much more access to the teams and drivers than ever before, and this is some way not helping the conspiracy theorists because they're the armchair fans, much like those who suddenly support Leicester City lol. They need to keep their tin foil hats on i think.

Edit: the champagne spraying thing makes sense if that was his reason.
    The F1 Report suggested that none of the race engineers were swapped

Rides
    I think it was more the mechanics than the engineers.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Bound to happen sooner or later
    http://www.redbullracing.com/article/new-line-spain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Pretty controversial that.

Rides
    Harsh IMO. Looks like Horner is still in love with Seb
    Mark is right.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    It's been on the cards for a while. Danny was out of the main team at the end of the year no matter what.