Thread: Anybody any good with wiring diagrams? Classic Impreza..

Rides

Anybody any good with wiring diagrams? Classic Impreza..

Morning guys,
    I've tried asking over on Scoobynet about this one but so far had no response, thought the geniuses over at SXOC Towers might be able to have a crack at this one for me!

I've got various problems with the front lighting on my 1999 UK 2000 Impreza, I've decided to simply bypass the standard wiring as I'm sick of having flickering, intermittent, crap low and full beams. Seems easy enough, use the standard switch on the stalk to trigger some relays. To bypass as much of the standard wiring as possible, I'd like to tap into wiring right next to the stalk.

I've got it all disassembled but hit a bit of a dead end, I've tried to read these wiring diagrams (page 48) http://ken-gilbert.com/wrx/mans/99-0...%20Diagram.pdf but I don't understand them very well if at all. Can anyone just tell me which colours/pins I should be aiming for please? I could trial and error it but I'd much rather just know!

Don't know if I'm over simplifying it all but I've had another look at the diagram and I make it

Red - Pin 7 - High beam
    Yel/Blue - Pin 17 - Low beam

Any advance?

I fully expect the response to this to be that I should attempt to fix the problem rather than bypass it but I've done all the fault finding I'm prepared to do. I can find no issue with the stalk, the relays, the fuses, the connectors or the grounds so I'm putting it down to some hidden issue in the loom.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Edit: Of course, I'm assuming that it works in the way I think it does ie by switching lives.. Didn't think of that. Hmmm. Help please!
    Last edited by rob192; 04-04-2016 at 09:07.

Rides
    Well it isn't the ones I thought it was, further proving my inability to read wiring diagrams.

Rides
    I know it's an obvious one but have you checked all the ground cables? Have you checked the voltage? you could end up causing more damage to the car. From the looks of the diagram everything is interlinked, which part of the circuit do you need to replace?
    You really need to find which part of the circuit is faulty because you could be replacing the part that is ok otherwise you will have to replace all of it which from your symptons could be the whole of the page including relays. It would be easier to follow the voltage round the car using the diagram from switch to relay to headlight.