Thread: Best / cheapest company to go with inc mods?

Rides

Best / cheapest company to go with inc mods?

Hi all! just about to get my first s14a and just wondered if anyone can shed some light on places to look with mods declared.

currently 22, driving 4 years and 5 years NCD.

had quotes for a standard s14 in feb around 1k (witch i was happy with) but now iv found a car and have the money they all now want 1.8k? (comparison sights this is, and this is using the same info at both different times)

any help would be appreciated!

Rides
    I am always flabbergasted at the cost of insurance and what you guys are willing to pay.

I have no advice that you will like.

Good luck

Rides
    unfortunately insurance is decided very much upon geographical location plus a number of other factors, what worked for me doesn't mean it'll work for you...

ring a few of the most common, Flux, Greenlight and Sky seem to come up fairly frequently

Rides
    yeah im in an okay part of liverpool but we share a postcode with a rough area near by witch sucks. not sure how they justify the 800£ price increace when nothing has changed. surely youd think it would be more in winter time because of the weather.

currently with flux so may try have a word with them closer the time

Rides
    I've always been with flux and was paying around £700 everything declared, its now with green light and its mid £400's

Rides
    I've had that with comparison sites before! Got a quote in October, then went to get insurance in March, refreshed the quote and it jumped up!

I'm with flux direct, under £500 a year fully comp with all mods declared. But I've got mates with green light and sky and they both got a good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    what you guys recon then, im with flux at the min so ill try them. sounds like i should try greenlight and sky? any others worth a shot you know of? these couple seem to keep cropping up so maybe my best bet ringing direct over comparison sights ripping us off ahah

Rides
    Try footman james i pay £150 a year with a couple of little mods

Rides
    I'm with Aplan at thatcham and they do mine on a like for like policy so worst come worst I would get the same spec car back and I pay 400ish fully comp with 5 years ncd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    thats not bad at all, how old are you if you dont mind me asking and how long have you been driving? maybe worth giving these a call too.. if you include any mods for me its normally 9k on comparison sights

Rides
    [QUOTE=brignal;6744659]thats not bad at all, how old are you if you dont mind me asking and how long have you been driving? maybe worth giving these a call too.. if you include any mods for me its normally 9k on comparison sights[/QUOTE

Was that for me bud ? If so im 30 footman james dont use ncb also my cousin is 25 and from crosby or brighton le sands heard they changed the name of the place in liverpool he pays £270 for his toyota soarer 1uzfe they go by years u have have been driving and he past when he was 21