Thread: Help with 4x4 tyre sizing?

Rides

Help with 4x4 tyre sizing?

Quick question about increased tyre sizes on a jeep, my wife has a 2006 Nissan pathfinder, tyres are 255/65/17 as standard and normally I wouldn't vary from that.

Her brother has owned a 2006 navara from new and he's getting rid next week. Last year Nissan replaced his wheels due to some warranty/safety issue so he has as good as new alloys and 6 month old BF Goodrich all terrain tyres (€200+ per corner) which he's offering her. However he's been using 265/70/17 tyres because they increased the ride height and "look better"

So my question (probably a stupid one), I don't mind the Speedo and mileage being about 5% out, she needs tyres and is currently out of work (on extended maternity leave - no pay) so the tyres would be great but she tows a horsebox semi regularly (2-2.5tonnes twice a month) and I was wondering if the increased size would be putting unnecessary additional stress on the drivetrain?

Her brother needed a new clutch about 2 years ago which could have been down to the tyres but is more likely due to what and how often he tows (3.5/4tn+)...

Rides
    No the bigger tyres won't put anymore stress on the drive train.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Rides
    Will be fine

Rides
    perfect, thanks