Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shock. SXOC user leaves S Bodies. Does NOT get BMW

Rides
    R35 coil conversion!
    Could be a boost pipe off..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Awesome! Did the AA recover you from the track no questions asked or did you get towed offsite first?
    I drove to the end of the road and explained the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Look into R34 coil conversion
    Thanks Ben There must be a benefit if you've suggested it so I will do some Googling. If mine are toast I was just going to get Splitfires. But the misfire is so profound I think it might be the amplifier. Not sure if I can tell that via CONSULT.

Quote Originally Posted by integra View Post
    R35 coil conversion!
    Could be a boost pipe off..
    Going round the air hoses tonight. Tight space in the engine bay!

Rides
    Believe me, i know mate. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Thanks Ben There must be a benefit if you've suggested it so I will do some Googling. If mine are toast I was just going to get Splitfires. But the misfire is so profound I think it might be the amplifier. Not sure if I can tell that via CONSULT.
    Built in ignitors so no need for the troublesome ignition amplifier, plus simple wiring change.

Rides
    I sure my mate put VAG coils on his to solve a similar issue.

Rides
    Heard a lot of things about VAG coil conversions as well. Let me find out if it's actually those that are broken first

Rides
    It looks lovely and at home on the track.

Rides
    Not had chance to fix it yet, but got a few pictures from one of the Nissan boys. Didn't feel particularly floaty, felt planted, but the pictures say to me that there is some roll control work to do. Love them though

Rides
    Morning all, I haven't updated in a while.

Fixed the firing issue, had the front end off and it was a boost hose.

Many thanks to Abbey Motorsport for a bit of phone guidance. Worst hose to go, right at the side of the engine bay behind all the hoses in the wheel arches. But all solved now. Removed a lot of unused tricky air resonator boxes and pipework as well, but kept them in the shed for when I sell it.

Went thru it's MoT with an advisory on a sill, the car isn't perfect by a long run and will need winter work, but nothing I haven't seen on my S14s before. They're remarkably similar. I ran it out to a very reputable restorer and he's recommended the work plus a rear wheel arch as mine has deteriorated. So, perfect she is not. But hardly scary.

Got the Volks on as well, very happy with them. Sizing is pretty much perfect for me and suits the 90s vibe a treat. Ignore the chav plate size, a necessary evil when driving to car meets.

Sold the Rotas for £400 but then promptly reversed my daily into my neighbour's car so lost a chunk of that repairing it for him

Now working on resealing the car ahead of paintwork. If you ever thought S14 parts were expensive, think again. I cannot fathom how much money Skyline bits go for.

To fully reseal and re-garnish a R32 will cost you £1800 for the sides, not including quarter seals/glass, £280 a side if you want new quarter glasses with integrated seals and another £400 for the front and rear seals. That's £2750. Thankfully I don't need it all and I'm going to run Uni seal front and rear (it's miles more cost effective and proven on my S14) but still, wow.

Thanks,
    Last edited by piman2k; 12-09-2017 at 06:55.

Rides
    Research. It's probably it's obvious where this is going.