Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The revival of the Nos Kouki!!

Rides
    So the excessive heat and strain caused by me using the Nitrous a lot on the way home damaged the turbine on the turbo cracked the housing, and eventually set fire. The engineer said I should of noticed this all happening before it had gotten to the stage that it did. But yeah.... adrenaline is blind and numb clearly lol

Don't really need to put it but the block was obviously also damaged in all of the excitement.

So this is the whole reason this thread exists. The revival of the Nos Kouki!

After all this happened I removed everything from the bay! Also found that I had damaged the welds on my downpipe and midsections.

Had no choice but to get another block as I had no daily and so bought another SR20 from my importer that he had laying about.

and got back to it..... Engine in with the GT2871r and 740 injectors and I'm now sat at a healthy 348bhp. Nothing special but it will do while the main engine is being repaired.

So this was Jan this year and the start of my club biggest car season to date. So from now on everything is going at a much slower pace.

First things first! Get the cage/arches/wheels and exhaust done! They were sitting in our soon to be kitchen and they were just getting in the way.

More to follow tomorrow
    Last edited by nosgarfield; 05-07-2016 at 15:34.

Rides
    That must have been running lean as hell to melt that lot

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by autosri View Post
    That must have been running lean as hell to melt that lot
    That it was. Trusting a stranger with tools wasn't my smartest move. My own fault for getting button happy as well lol. Like a kid in a candy store and paid the price for it.

Learnt from the mistakes though and will hopefully have it all back up and running by end of this year. (crosses fingers)
    Last edited by nosgarfield; 05-07-2016 at 15:54.

Rides
    Well worth having a wideband fitted especially as the AFR will vary with the ambient temperature unless you have a pressure controlled bottle heater

I would really recommend you do some research on your solenoids and look into changing them to wizards stuff as they would have been heavily responsible for your failure with the constant lean hit they give every gear change and activation

Their stuff really is worth the extra few quid and you will make more power from the same amount of nitrous or the same power from less gas and nitrous ain't cheap now

I'm gutted I sold my kit off the Bmw it was so much fun

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nosgarfield View Post

Was looking through some forums on seat ideas etc and stumbled across this beaut! GT3076r

Ummmm that's a GT3071r....

How do I know? Because that's my pic of my old turbo haha!

Car looks awesome will have a tidy read of this tomorrow (not working on just to read a build thread lol)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky_s13 View Post
    Ummmm that's a GT3071r....

How do I know? Because that's my pic of my old turbo haha!

Car looks awesome will have a tidy read of this tomorrow (not working on just to read a build thread lol)
    Well..... that's news to me lol would explain why there was no mani/elbow when i went and got it but yeah this was one of the photos that was on the for sale thread

If it was your turbo I purchased im Sorry...... it's no longer of this world lol if it was just a idiots idea to sell it his turbo quicker. Then your turbo could still be out there.... running free

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by autosri View Post
    Well worth having a wideband fitted especially as the AFR will vary with the ambient temperature unless you have a pressure controlled bottle heater

I would really recommend you do some research on your solenoids and look into changing them to wizards stuff as they would have been heavily responsible for your failure with the constant lean hit they give every gear change and activation

Their stuff really is worth the extra few quid and you will make more power from the same amount of nitrous or the same power from less gas and nitrous ain't cheap now

I'm gutted I sold my kit off the Bmw it was so much fun
    Have a wide band installed mate just never put it on the thread.

As for the solenoids it's definitely something I will be looking into when the engine is back up and running.

And yeah nitrous is amazing stuff but I wish it wasn't so complicated.

Rides

That was my setup on the Bmw

I had it setup to do a 150 shot on the progressive controller or a 75 shot on a button which was fun

Rides
    Surprisingly got some time to do a quick update on the car. So with show season starting I had to get the car looking nice and fix the cracks/holes in the bodywork!

First things first get the cage sprayed and add diagonal bar and a harness bar to it.
    Picked a Deep Candy Purple and added some flake into it. Was really close to spraying my whole car this colour! Colour is MUCH deeper in person.

Pre lacquer

After lacquer

Some of you may of noticed that the harness bar seems abit forward. Well in the rush to get the cage in before my Car Club's season opener I completely forgot about the whole front seat part of the car

So i didn't have the car ready for the event at Cobham. Shame as i met two Sxoc members at it. Younes, White Zenki and a Portuguese guy (Who I shall not insult by attempting to spell his name) with a top mounted blue 14a. Great guys and a beautiful top mount set up!

Event went well.......

So my the next few weeks were spent sorting out the aftermath and as such my car got neglected.

Did manage to spray the Nos brackets, strut arms and Brought a cam cover for the engine and sprayed it all in the same purple as the cage.

Was minutes away from installing it on the new SR and thought i'd check the baffles.
    GOOD THING I DID AS THIS IS WHAT I FOUND

The previous owner sand blasted the F&!king thing! Thank god i had a moment of sense to check the baffles before install.

Back too it then! Polished the Strut and made a little control panel for my Nos.

Decided i wanted to be a little different with my headlights so removed them and installed a red LED inside the projector. (The lights turn red when i turn the Nitrous on)
    Sprayed the reflective housing around the projector in matt black to minimalize the reflections from the LED.

I really love how evil it looks at night!

As you can tell i started thinking of making a build thread at the beginning of this years so there are a lot more pictures from this point.

Right that's me done for today. Time to attack the rear arches next!!
    Last edited by nosgarfield; 05-07-2016 at 22:21.

Rides
    Do you have a link to the for sale thread or the seller mate?

Deffo wont be my turbo as I never sold it....lol

I had it rebuilt with a billet wheel and Tial housing and put it on my SR22 and that engine now lives in a s13 and is still alive so no need to be sorry lol

Rides
    Will do sparky_s13. I will take a look later and PM it to you. At the very least I will have the sellers name.

Rides
    Update!

Not as soon as I had hoped to put it up. But with Importers and JapShow time runs very short.

So i had the balls to finally start cutting my rear arches!

Heartbreaking.... And god the rear brakes are tiny!

I had to pull them out slightly more to cover the wheel as 50mm still wasn't enough. Then riveted them into place.

Blended the arches in as I've never been a fan of rivets on show. Then primed ready for paint. Really happy at how these came out.

Still not wide enough so I think I shall need abit of stretch and maybe some camber to get them legal.

Other side was pretty much the same. Just had to add 2" to the fuel filler cap clip.

Took a picture of how it sits from the rear. It's starting to take shape now, shame the picture is of poor quality.

And finally installed the S13 tilted number plate. ended up drilling my own holes as the holes it should go in makes the plate sit very low and it wasn't to my taste.

Then went and unloaded the crate from Japan. And grab some JDM parts for the car. LOOK AT ALL THIS JDM GOODNESS!

Decided I didn't like the Nos bottle in the boot. So that's going to be moved and the cage shall be fixed after the Harness bar **** up.

Also have a ton of gadgets coming, new suspension & arms and today some bride material! OOOOOH the ideas!

Rides
    HUGE UPDATE!

The last 2 weeks have been crazy and the real world with my real job seems like a thing of the past now.

So removed the harness bar and moved the Nos bottle forward into the cabin. Now sits nicely between the seats, really easy to install, I just had to make some brackets for the front.

Also started taking a dremel and a S*** ton of filler to my center console to install all my new toys. Profec OLED and a GlowShift Nitrous pressure gauge. (As my old gauge was shockingly ugly)

And spent FAAAAR too much money on Defi products. 3x60mm BF gauges. Advance controller V2 and a Defi ZD controller <<<< THIS IS AN AMAZING BIT OF KIT!

Time to install it all! I love the clean look so trying to hide everything is a pain especially the Defi advance controller! Moved the turbo timer and Ipod to the glove box and the Advance controller is now in the front air vents. Niiiiice and hidden

So.......Much......Wiring

Finally finished it all. Not too bad for a quick install.

Next up. Attacking the door cards with Bride material. I have some Bride Gias v2 going in so thought it would look fitting. Anything beats the dull colour of them usually.

While they were off I upgraded the sound system.

Then finally.

Loved how they came out!

Had abit of the material left so got bored and made a gear gaiter. I don't plan to keep it but its fine for a temporary replacement.

So the last few bits before the respray!

And some 15mm spacers as my front wheels hit the calipers without at least 8mm clearance. Installing them went well.... not even close to tight and this happened.

Fair play to DW for sending out a replacement very quickly!

After all the suspension etc was put on I got a full alignment and managed to get a picture of one of the welds on the exhaust.

Not pretty. Thankfully next week the centre section gets removed with a straight piece of 3inch pipe.

Pulled out the sprayed cam cover out of the workshop. Will need to repair this before it goes back on the proper engine.

Speaking of the engine. It will be getting picked up on the 3rd August!!! Will know the real extent of the damage soon. Fingers crossed its nothing too bad.

ITS WHITE AGAIN!!!! ended up respraying the whole car as matching the paint was a pain! Very expensive paint was bloody shocked at the price per litre!

Managed to take advantage of the weather and get some nice pictures before it was lowered for Gravity Car Show!

Damn mazda owners ruining my shot

Race car driveway!

Did a little walk around video of the car while I had abit of time. Plan on removing the tint and slamming it on its arse after the exhaust has been modified
    https://vid.me/uzhG

Couldn't help myself and ending up playing about in the car park using my friend as a clipping point. Annnnnd without the right camber on the fronts I may of f**ked up.

Front arch cracked when on full lock.... So back to the workshop lol

Rides
    It's been a while! so thought I better get back to updating the build a bit more often.

Update!

Managed to get my arch repaired and re-sprayed before the next event and finally got some decent fitment! Id like abit more but London is far from speed bump friendly.

Got picked to go inside at Gravity (Highly recommend to anyone who is a fan of clean cars) There were actual static low cars on show!! Not all air ride like a lot of Show N Shine events

And after giving SlipWheel some banter about their *show cars* I got a photo of their line up at the event.

So from this point the car has stayed the same as it is. Forged engine back in but only running actuator pressure due to swapping a lot of parts back to standard while the uprated items get work done. (Inlet mani etc)

So not to bore you with picture upon picture of my car at shows I will add just a few that I have floating around.

Simply Jap! My first Sxoc event. (Only picture I could find is of me coming into the event) Getting called Hamilton in the morning because of the sparks coming out the back of my car when chasing Pointz to the event. Making a good first impression clearly. #lowlifeproblems

Shutting down the north circular when we arrived at Ace Café.

Under a concord.... Sure why not. SHAME I DIDNT CENTRE THE CAMERA!

Rides
    Thought I'd break this up into 2 posts.....

JDM BBQ at the importers! And a shameless sticker bomb!

And so another weekend of problems!!!

Wings & Wheels started of with a bang. Land Rover OC & Staff members helping me over a dip in the ground at 7am ..... Broke my front bumper and front wing here

Car wouldn't start at all after I parked it up. So had to be left at Dunsfold for the time being.

A far too familiar sight...... Car would work for about 10 minutes after we charged the battery for around 15 minutes. Could be alternator.

Longest 40 miles of my life! Stop and Start for hours!!

Found the issue! This wasn't even the worst of it. Time to relocate the fuse box or main loom.

Was on the FastCar stand at Trax and saw some members cars there too! Didn't get any photos unfortunately.

Right so that is pretty much up to date! Huge to do list just before Christmas Snd a decision on what brakes to pick!

Car will be undergoing some changes early next year as how ever much I love the clean look, it just isn't practical anymore. So should be on Photoshop tonight doing a few edits to see how the car will look with different spoilers etc on. Will keep you guys posted

Rides
    Dude think you will find thats a pic of my car going into simply jap lol!

About time you updated looking forward to many events next year!

Get the bitch on the road so we can get plenty of shots on Sunday

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Dude think you will find thats a pic of my car going into simply jap lol!

About time you updated looking forward to many events next year!

Get the bitch on the road so we can get plenty of shots on Sunday
    Hey! Mine's behind it :P Scary red eyed ****ing thing :P

And yeah looking forward to Sunday!!!

Rides
    Looks so sick!

Caught the loom just in time!

Rides
    Time for a quick update I suppose

So after many nights of deciding and looking at ideas I did a very rough 5 minute edit of what I'd like my car to look like. Well the rear anyway. It will be ALOT lower once finished

Ignore how bad the edit is and the big man in the photo

And yes Financial Mistake is being printed on the rear of the spoiler

I opted for a Ducktail as the chassis wing I was going to put on just didn't suit the type of "style" I was going for + everyone seems to be adding one on their cars as of late!

Bought a Dmax roof spoiler of Mus at JapWestMods and test fitted it while building panels for the inside.

Also ordered....
    GTR Brembo brakes for the rear.
    Ducktail from the new Boss V2 kit from Rocket Bunny.
    Grams rear diffuser (it will be getting butchered)
    Evo 5 diffuser
    FINALLY SOME CARPET FOR THE REAR!
    And lastly a pair of switches that I'm going to need.

Been abit cold as of late so everything has stopped. But not before I got an epic picture!

Also got lucky enough to speak to someone in Japan who can get me a set of Jiko-Shiki plates for shows! Should look something like this once installed.

Something unusual and different so jumped at the chance to get them!

Should be relocating my Nitrous solenoid tomorrow along with many of the lines as it's becoming abit of a mess under the bay now. And fixing another ****ING turbo gasket!!

I will try to keep this up to date more often, now it is pre season.

Rides
    Looks nice mate, good progress.