Thread: Greetings from Cambridgeshire..

Rides

Greetings from Cambridgeshire..

Hi Folks,

Just joined up, some incredible cars here... Great way to keep busy when I should be working!

Originally had an itch for an R33 about a year ago, but in the last 3 months have developed a much stronger one for an s14. Much more used to lighter cars coming from old minis, a lovely but ratty e30 318is (only Rear wheel car so far), and several heaps of junk in between.

Currently drive a little Clio 172 cup as a semi daily - its pretty fun but need a change and something that will keep me going for longer, and its a little too French

S14s were on my wish list about 10 years ago or so - a lot more readily available as I recall - just never had the time or money back then..

Hoping to find something as a solid base, ideally rot free that I can restore up nice and take it from there...

Rides
    Hi dok and welcome.
    You mentioned rot free.
    That probably will be the hardest part of an S14 to find, and owners of rot free cars tend to know what they have these days, and are pricing accordingly. As are those who have cars that are tarted to up appear rot free.
    We haven't quite reached old skool chicken wire and newspaper yet, but there will be cars out there that appear tidy but have tarted over rot.
    Rusty sills are normal, and hidden on Touring spec or bodykitted cars, and also form one corner of the rear subframe boomerang shaped supports.
    Good luck in your hunt

Rides
    Welcome mate, good luck with the search, there's been some for sale recently so I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for