Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Nugget S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Not much left of it at all to say the least

I can go have a look at the scuttle and send you some pics to see the condition of it if you like
    Looks better with it all gone

If you could please bud i'd appreciate that!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maff_1991 View Post
    Looks better with it all gone

If you could please bud i'd appreciate that!
    Ahhaha it's even worse on the inside it's going to be a pain to replace.

Yeah that's fine I'll send them over later or tomorrow

Rides
    Ahhaha it's even worse on the inside it's going to be a pain to replace.

Yeah that's fine I'll send them over later or tomorrow
    The inner is a nightmare, luckily for me I had a body shop guy on side to do it whilst I cracked on with other things haha,

Cheers

Rides
    Got the driver rear quarter done today. Just needs some more filler to smooth it all out. What a POS this car was/maybe still is.

Before.

Unfortunately haven't got many pics but here's the lot welded in. All that's needed as said is filler on the outside and along the arch to smooth it and then some sealer on the seams on the inside and under-coating. There was loads of filler in there previously in the arch so it made it slightly tougher connecting it all and it'll need a load more to make it right again.

Last edited by JackB; 17-12-2016 at 12:40.

Rides
    Pretty much how my rear 3/4 ended up after the previous owners filler job had been discovered and removed.

The repair is looking good, keep it up

Rides
    Thank you! That's most of it done now so I'm just waiting for paint and it'll be straight on the road, in time for lovely winter

Rides
    Thank you! That's most of it done now so I'm just waiting for paint and it'll be straight on the road, in time for lovely winter
    I'm delaying mine on purpose so I don't finish it in winter, I'd be too tempted to take it out

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maff_1991 View Post
    I'm delaying mine on purpose so I don't finish it in winter, I'd be too tempted to take it out
    Probably the smart thing to do hahah. I'll be regretting it in 3 months most likely but I'll be trying my best to stick on top of cleaning the underside and getting shite off it

Rides
    The driver rear quarter window also had a bit off bubbling just underneath it and I thought the previous leak might be coming from there or a non-properly sealed window so I took it out and re-sealed it. What a horrible job it is getting rid of previous window sealant.

BH Hydrate 80 over cleaned up area

Zinc primed over some of the areas where bare metal was showing due to removal of adhesive.

A layer of window adhesive primer set down

Then some hand-cramp inducing 3M window adhesive, and stuck the window on.

Rides
    Past couple days I've cleaned up the rear underside and will be stonechipping it along with the wheel arches tomorrow.

So, wire-wheeled all of it down then used some deox gel followed by hydrate 80.

Then got a few layers of zinc primer on.

Next some tiger seal to seal seams.

Then finally a good layer of jotamastic 87 brushed on.

I'm collecting a red smoothed out boot tomorrow so will hopefully get that on. I'll then stonechip the lot and hopefully get the tank in wednesday and start the bucket.
    Last edited by JackB; 05-12-2016 at 23:20.

Rides
    Got the stonechip applied the other day to the underside and arches. Turned out good and it's touch dry within an hour so I got the fuel tank in after, after much pain and swearing...

I used this 3M stonechip applied with a gun that the bottle screwed onto and was air fed by the compressor. I went back over everything to check I hadn't missed spots after

I also picked up some good condition tank straps and refreshed them. Deox C - Zinc primer - Jotamastic 87 - Stonechip

Then finally the tank went back in and the exhaust was bolted back up.

I then managed to get the new boot on which was an absolute pain because we had to replace the loom. Colour is slightly different but that can be sprayed way down the line.

Finally switched out the plugs which were filth and started it back up for the first time in 5/6 months. I really missed the sound of this thing and so glad to finally hear it again

When I started it, it made a pretty awful knocking sound for 2 seconds so I switched it off and restarted and it was fine. When it started to warm up just from idling it lowered down to about 1000 revs for a bit and became pretty lumpy. Left it to get warmer and idle dropped down to where it should be at around 850-900 with no issues at all. Gave it a quick drive and I think it's still misfiring on boost so i need to work out what it is.

Earlier today I vacuumed a whole rear windows worth of glass from the interior as it obviously decided to cave in after it had cracked. And this is how it's sitting, waiting for a wash and some paint.

Rides
    Good work mate, keep it up!

Lee

Rides
    Thanks man! Still got a few little bits to get at on it but it's coming together

Rides
    Not too much longer before I get to drive it now. Should hopefully be picking it up sometime next week.

Rides
    Looking well the finish not to far away now

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ps13 kris View Post
    Looking well the finish not to far away now
    Cheers, just a couple bits here and there before I'm comfortable driving it everyday.

I picked the car up today from the body shop and while I was there I swapped the coil packs over. It had no problems boosting on the way home Nice easy fix luckily.

And one shitty picture of it parked up at work. Some good photos are to come hopefully. Unfortunately the colour match isn't great as the original colour was sprayed on, but the paint on the other panels has faded so much it looks quite different. I'm not too put off by it though as I'm just glad I can finally drive it now.

So tomorrow I'm picking up a jap spec bumper for it which look miles better than uk spec and I'll get that painted eventually along with the bootlid as the colour on that is pretty bad and it's already peeling. I'll also get the front wings switched over to clean ones and then bolt both the bumpers up properly as they're currently both held in with a few bolts each. I also have quite a big collection of parts laying around in my room that'll be put on the car some day.
    Last edited by JackB; 11-01-2017 at 03:16.

Rides
    Got the wings swapped over and the bumper/spats partially bolted back up just needs a bumper-wing bracket to bolt it properly. Pleasantly surprised by the lack of mad rot behind them. Only bit that might need slight attention is where the sill lip has been crushed before and I had to bend it back out on both sides to be able to unbolt the wings.

Gap between the the wing and bonnet is different on each side so they need some messing with. The passenger wing was also sprayed at the same time as the quarters, and the driver wing I found a while back in that colour. It's a bit of a multi-shaded red car but ohwell!

Finally gave it it's first wash since owning it.

Didn't dry it as the droplets on it had turned to ice, and I'd had enough of being outside.

Rides
    Coming on really nice man! Hoping to have mine driving in the next couple of weeks, fingers crossed!!

Rides
    Thanks man, it's a good feeling getting to drive it after a long time waiting. Unfortunately for me though today someone reversed into the side of it and ruined the driver door and some of the freshly painted quarter

Off to the body shop again asap for me yay.

Rides
    Thanks man, it's a good feeling getting to drive it after a long time waiting. Unfortunately for me though today someone reversed into the side of it and ruined the driver door and some of the freshly painted quarter

Off to the body shop again asap for me yay.
    Ahh man that's shit, I'd of gone absolutely spastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk