Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Nugget S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Thanks man, it's a good feeling getting to drive it after a long time waiting. Unfortunately for me though today someone reversed into the side of it and ruined the driver door and some of the freshly painted quarter

Off to the body shop again asap for me yay.
    Thats an absolute nightmare dude! I'm so ready to take mine for a blast

Rides
    I know man my heart dropped when I heard the sound. What a horrible feeling

Quote Originally Posted by s13joss View Post
    Thats an absolute nightmare dude! I'm so ready to take mine for a blast
    Hhahaha yeah I was so excited to finally take mine out, it's so good feeling and hearing the boooooost

Rides
    So a few weeks back I stuck a sandwich plate adapter however it leaked so ripped it straight out and left it. Need to find something better or get a better sealer.

Next day a couple of us met up in some skid friendly weather.

And then..... Later in the day we were parked at a friends house and their neighbour reversed out of their drive straight into my driver side quarter and door. She seemed to be concentrating on not hitting one of the other cars as it was a slightly awkward angle to get out of, and didn't even notice my car behind her. My door and quarter crumpled while her bumper had the tiniest bit of paint transfer on it

The door latch mechanism broke inside as well so I had to break the door card in order to operate the latch with manually to finally get the door open. I then swapped the door with one from the shell I have.

Decided to put the centre console stuff back together and I'm liking the way the interior is now.

Then today I got the car back. Door sprayed and quarter dent pulled and sprayed. All looking better than before-hand now The door needs some playing with to sit 100% right and to shut properly.

I also picked up and Jap spec bumper and got it sprayed along with the repair. The side brackets, light holder and bash bar are all in mint condition too and I've got a 180 plate holder on the way as well to complete it all. These look far better.

Rides
    When I stripped the rear interior one of the rear seatbelt mounts got my attention.

So I started digging the other day...

Then cut out the replacement from the spare shell.

Then used some hydrate 80 on it and jotamastic 87 over it. Then some generic stonechip that'll go over with better stuff once I cover more of the underside. Yes.. popcorn weld. My mate didn't have any gas left. I want to eventually get a welder and teach myself.

And I've just finished giving it a wash along with some protection all over. And the Jap rear bumper is on too.

I've also stuck all the interior/speakers back in and it's so much nicer to be in now.

A list of the next things to get done include: Clean subframe, subframe bushes, adjustable arms, alignment and tyres. Then maybe some type x lights to complete the look of the rear if a set pop up.

Rides
    Looks like we're at a similar place now, except you can drive yours! Mine has a little bit of rot on the chassis rails which has delayed my progress massively

Rides
    Looks like we're at a similar place now, except you can drive yours! Mine has a little bit of rot on the chassis rails which has delayed my progress massively
    Hahahhha what've you got left to do then to get it going?

Luckily my rails pretty solid, just at one point on the rear left its disintegrated so I need to get that sorted

Rides
    Sooner or later this was coming..

I took the subframe from the shell as it was much cleaner than mine. First up scrubbed off rust then used hydrate 80. Then I painted it silver with some hammerite direct to rust stuff.

Then went in some Driftworks main bushes and a set of Hardrace/Apex pillow-ball adjustable arms. All have dust boots on them as well for protection.

While it was out the underside got some treatment. Rust removal and converter then paint and stonechip. And the Diff got possibly it's first ever oil change, although what came out didn't look too bad, the drain plug had some shiny souvenirs on it for me Diff Oil cooler was removed too.

And also some front Hardrace/Apex rubber Tension rods and Super-Pro steering rack bushes.

I also treated the car to some kouki good-ness. They just transform the rear end completely. I also picked up a proper Apexi intake pipe between the MAF and filter. Nothing wrong with what I had on before but this pipe looks better to me.

^ That pic also captures some scientific VLSD testing...
    Last edited by JackB; 18-04-2017 at 21:42.

Rides
    I love your gauge setup! Any more info on it? Debating where to stick gauges in mine, don't want to drill the dash or have an a-pillar, have been sat looking at that empty hole where your stereo sits. Sucks about the accident man.

Rides
    Great work! Fair play to giving this a new lease of life

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    I love your gauge setup! Any more info on it? Debating where to stick gauges in mine, don't want to drill the dash or have an a-pillar, have been sat looking at that empty hole where your stereo sits. Sucks about the accident man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Great work! Fair play to giving this a new lease of life
    Thanks guys

Oreos, I had the normal little storage thing that sits in one of the DIN slots so I took the hinged bit off and mated a universal gauge holder/plate to it. It then needed loads of trimming to fit 3 gauges in it perfectly. I managed to retain a couple mounting points on it in the end so it could still bolt to the bracket that held it in before. Looked like this in the end -

If you wanted to replicate it and don't have one of those pockets you could pick this one up - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIN-Pocket...OuqptvDZBxhLNg

You could then get some plastic and drill 3 52mm holes in it to use as the plate. I got mine off ebay pre-made but can't find them on there now. I don't think you'd be able to fit 60mm gauges the way I did it though. If you don't have a radio you could create the same sort of thing but for both the DIN slots?

Rides
    Great progress here Jack, you always seem one step ahead of me! I finally have boost, just need exhaust refitting and fluids topping up before i take it out. Need to sort my dodgy chassis rail then start replacing bushes/arms etc.

Rides
    Great progress here Jack, you always seem one step ahead of me! I finally have boost, just need exhaust refitting and fluids topping up before i take it out. Need to sort my dodgy chassis rail then start replacing bushes/arms etc.
    Hahahh thanks mate Sounds like you're not far off enjoying it then as well. All the suspension stuff was actually a lot easier than I thought it'd be it's just rusty bolts/nuts that stop progress and it becomes a pain in the arse.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Thanks guys

Oreos, I had the normal little storage thing that sits in one of the DIN slots so I took the hinged bit off and mated a universal gauge holder/plate to it. It then needed loads of trimming to fit 3 gauges in it perfectly. I managed to retain a couple mounting points on it in the end so it could still bolt to the bracket that held it in before. Looked like this in the end - *snip*

If you wanted to replicate it and don't have one of those pockets you could pick this one up - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIN-Pocket...OuqptvDZBxhLNg

You could then get some plastic and drill 3 52mm holes in it to use as the plate. I got mine off ebay pre-made but can't find them on there now. I don't think you'd be able to fit 60mm gauges the way I did it though. If you don't have a radio you could create the same sort of thing but for both the DIN slots?
    Nice! Sounds a bit complex for my skill level though, really clever idea!

Rides
    amazing work! i cant get over how tidy your work is!!!
    and everything your doing is super tasteful too! love it, following
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Neelie View Post
    amazing work! i cant get over how tidy your work is!!!
    and everything your doing is super tasteful too! love it, following
    Thanks a lot man I've got a fair bit planned out for it too over the next year or so, just need to spend time properly enjoying it now.

Rides
    My luck is non-existent when it comes to this car... This nugget.

So, back to last month just before Japfest I took the car to get alligned at Garage D. Well damn does it feel good to drive now. Switching lanes on motorways used to be scary due to cats-eyes sending me left and right and it was just dog to drive. None of that now, it feels solid on the road and the steering feels spot on Factory settings for now.

Then some rubbery goodness arrived. Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3's in 225/45/17 and 235/45/17 staggered. Would have liked wider on the rear but wheel offset and stock arches say no. So far the car hasn't stepped out once. I'm amazed how well this thing sticks and I haven't even pushed on it's limits yet.

Fitted some half decent floor mats and mounted a Gizzmo IBC. May end up moving it to the arm rest compartment though.

Then got a couple cool shots courtesy of Matas on here. I know, the rear looks way too high at the minute.

Then the worst happens. 5 mins after getting out my car at work I hear the alarm go off. I walk out to see it hugging a sprinter. It rolled downhill slightly and pulled to the left up the kurb and into the front of a van. Somehow I've come to the conclusion that the handbrake button ****ed up and let the handbrake fall back down. Maybe it's possible I didn't pull the button out far enough and it slipped.

Bonnet, headlight cover and wing were completely bent. Headlight surround and front sidelight/indicator cracked. Bumper survived the ordeal though.

Fastforward a couple days and all the metal is now straight in the bay. My old rotten/straight wing was bolted up to work on panels lining up. Bought a bonnet which will need spraying and some headlights too. Got a driver side wing pending collection now as well. And for the front bumper I've decided to stick my kouki one on which I've had laying about for a little bit now. Once I get a new wing and make sure it all fits better it'll be off to get sprayed up.

Last edited by JackB; 31-05-2017 at 17:44.

Rides
    Nothing but shit luck

At least it'll have a better looking front bumper now and even more fresh paint

Rides
    Finally a little update. Few more bits planned soon and then the start of next year it'll be getting treated with some more paint.

I got rid of the new bonnet I put on there and picked up another in better condition along with both the front wings all from the same donor. All 3 are in pretty good condition, only problem is colour difference. The panel gaps also need a little more work still but it's good to say the state of it after the bump.

The week after that, Matas on here came down to visit and couple of us went to Japfest 2 for the day. Matas brough his polisher with him and we sorted out the wings and bonnet as they were blasted in black over spray. Came up really good!

I got rid of the amps, equaliser and radio and stuck a new pioneer one in there. None of these radios look good in my opinion so this was the least shite looking one in my price range. And along with the equaliser gone, a new gear surround was needed. Looks much better now, sorry for the turd quality!

Got some s14 front brakes on however one has started seizing and I've decided to go for a different brake setup. Waiting on some discs and the new setup will go on. Standard crusty brake pipe shenanigans took place as well!

Then it was time to go up north to visit family/ have a week of car hooning with Matas around north yorkshire and the dales. I replaced my nice fresh fuel tank out as it started leaking and everywhere within a 2 meter radius of the car stank of petrol. My repairs must've not been good enough on the little pinholes it had. Done a gearbox oil change as well which was nice and easy as I decided to fill from the shifter mount as I needed to also inspect it as it was leaking lots of oil. Turns out two bolts were slightly loose holding it down.

On the way up I collected my front bumper from paint and set about getting it on straight away as I couldn't wait. Colour match is arse so over winter while it's off the road I'll be getting the rest of it done.

Payed a silly amount of money for a metal bracket for the bumper

Had a mad day of hooning with lots of awesome roads and mad scenery.

Lunch with a view!

And after getting home I set about getting the H-dev stage 1 setup all on. Usual ebay front mount, gizzmo EBC, small battery and the chip got installed.

And the nissan badge went on finally. It's been off the whole time As you can see the gaps need tweaking to be perfect.

Currently it's boosting to 14.2 psi happily and stably but any more then that and boost pressure fluctuates so it won't hold 15 like the chip is designed for. Unsure if this is a boost leak at higher pressures or my actuator's on it's deathbed. Pulls good though and I'm definitely happy with it. Next update will be soon with some good stuff.
    Last edited by JackB; 29-10-2017 at 18:49.

Rides
    Can't be arsed to look all through the thread and can't remember but if you are still running a t25, then it won't hold 15 psi above 4k revs and the boost will drop off to about 9 psi by 6k. It's because the t25 is too small to generate enough puff to keep getting the pressure into the plenum as fast as the cylinders are drinking it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    If it's fluctuating in the mid range try swapping the gismo for a bren device

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk