Thread: Nistune

Rides

Nistune

Anyone on here done much with Nistune? i ordered myself a copy just to see how big a mess i can make

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jj205mi16 View Post
    Anyone on here done much with Nistune? i ordered myself a copy just to see how big a mess i can make
    I've done plenty, it's great software and let's you play with just about everything.

Have you ordered a daughter board yet?

Rides
    had the daughter board for a while, had it mapped not long ago, melted a few plugs im sure i could do the same for free. i ordered a wideband today as well, think im going to get a knocklink2 to go with it.

Rides

This should be a fun thread.
    Nistune forum is a great resource but very very quiet.

Order one of these and wire analog signals to it for datalogging within Nistune. Can be a pain in the ass to setup but makes all the difference when road tuning.
    I currently have wideband, knock (ks4) and map sensor going to it.
    http://www.dlpdesign.com/usb/io8.shtml

This should help getting it working:
    http://forum.nistune.com/viewtopic.php?t=1202

If your boost gauge has an V out hook that up to it, if not then wirein something like this:
    http://uk.farnell.com/nxp/mpx4250ap/...rfnonsku=false

Got a link to the knock link 2? Can't seem to find it.

My cars mapping is never ending, it goes something like this:
    Mod it - runs like shite - make tweeks over time - runs great - mod it - runs like shite - make tweeks over time... repeat

Never blown an engine though, mainly due to good knock warning.

Rides
    I think it will be a great thing to get into, i joined the nistune forum its been going that long the search bar is next to useless though, cand find what im after at all, hence this this thread. its too late for me my engine is knackered again but once its back together it will be nobodys fault but my own.

As you suggested last time immy, ill get a knocklink as well to help with this

Rides
    Got a link to the knock link 2? Can't seem to find it..

sorry immy it might just be the G4 im sure i read it was the knocklink 2.0 somewhere, unless ive been dreaming

Rides
    Worth looking to see what else is on the market.
    This one was around £150 from Australia plus import stuff last time I looked.
    http://dealers.linkecu.com/G4KNL

Doesn't look like it has a v out for datalogging not to big a deal really. The ks4 I use is way too expensive at around £400 just for the extra of datalogging. I paid about £300 on a group buy many years ago.

Rides
    Good info there immy, ill get a read through them, this is a photo of what my map currently looks like.

engines coming back out, revuilt from scratch and hopefully have better luck next time
    Last edited by jj205mi16; 23-08-2016 at 17:17.

Rides
    how long has your board been installed as it makes a difference on whether K constant needs adjusted or if you just use the global injection multiplier.

post up what mods you have and I'm sure myself or immy would help piece together a base map.

your fuel table looks over the top unless you've got crazy man boost / masking a weak fuel pump / small injectors. once you get the wideband you'll be able to do a couple logs and also use the AFR auto tune function.
    Timing table, all depends on what your mods are, looks fairly flat and a bit low timing for idle / start up - was your car difficult to start?
    I also see that its been tried to tune in pops / bangs on lift off - theres easier ways to do it than in the main timing map.

Rides
    The board has been fitted for about a year now, I couldn't see the option for the injection multiplier as I had seen thant on the nistune website. It was fitted at Horsham developments and had a base map put on at the same time , and I'll tell you it was sweet as a nut but jez told me to have it checked.

And the same guy that checked said it really didn't need much adjusting , car ran fine for over a year like that.

Now it has Tomei 740cc injectors, Tomei 260-12mm pro cams inlet and exhaust, vct deleted using Tomei cam gears (these were adjusted when on the dyno) 1.5mm cosworth head gasket. Greddy TD06-20g 8cm exhaust housing (full kit manifold, external wastegate and downpipe) the turbos compressor housing has been machined to take a larger billet wheel and was just rebuilt with this before it was mapped. Running 1.5 bar due to the wastegate spring and controller being maxxed out I just ordered a new spring from Greddy , 1.4 bar this time instead of 0.6.

I was going to run it at 1.7-1.8bar. it made 380bhp at the wheels on this map for about 5 miles before it melted a tip off a plug.

Rides
    Also meant to say fuel pressure was being measured when it was being mapped and held as it should, it's a walbro 255 and is hard wired. Interesting that you noticed its mapped to pop and bang as I never asked for that but the guy told me he added that in the map anyway.

Rides
    If the board is only a year old then likely you'll have the feature pack version so no need to mess with k constant, you have the simplier TIM constant you edit for injector resize.

For 1.5bar the mid range timing is on the aggressive side but you did mention you've removed vct and adjusted cams to suit so likely that's why but normally I'm down to single digits with anything bigger than a 2871 on a black top sr.

Once your ready to do a mapping session I can post my timing to give you a comparison.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s200rat View Post
    If the board is only a year old then likely you'll have the feature pack version so no need to mess with k constant, you have the simplier TIM constant you edit for injector resize.

For 1.5bar the mid range timing is on the aggressive side but you did mention you've removed vct and adjusted cams to suit so likely that's why but normally I'm down to single digits with anything bigger than a 2871 on a black top sr.

Once your ready to do a mapping session I can post my timing to give you a comparison.
    cheers man, how the cams are adjusted i couldn't comment, that is not something ive ever messed with. anyway it will be a few months possibly into next year before its back together, im just about to pull the engine back out.

but on another note, my wideband turned up today. looks like a decent bit of kit and works with Nistune. Good service from these lads at Fuel performance, ordered after 4pm and was here by 1pm next day!!

Rides
    yeh the innovative kit is good.
    I have an old lm1 and lc-1 in the tool box.

I see you've uploaded new screen shots of your map above; noticed the fuel map is all O2 flagged by the look of it (i.e. stuck in closed loop), would you mind sending me the .bin file so I can confirm that as it would explain why you melted a plug.

Rides
    Can do I'll send you that later on mate, I'm sure if you know a bit about it you will find the issue. Send me your email and I'll attach it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jj205mi16 View Post
    Can do I'll send you that later on mate, I'm sure if you know a bit about it you will find the issue. Send me your email and I'll attach it
    emailed you back