Thread: Trying to install Electronic Boost Controller - No nipple on FMIC

Rides

Trying to install Electronic Boost Controller - No nipple on FMIC

Putting my 180SX back together and fitting a Greedy OLED EBC , it need the solenoid to go in between the Wastegate and hot side intercooler pipe but the new FMIC has no where for a line to be attached.

Is there somewhere else I can run it to or will I need to take the intercooler pipe somewhere to get a bung added ?

Rides
    Any port before the throttle body will work just check it doesn't receive vacuum

Rides
    Drill a hole in the hose coming off the turbo, fit one of these, Robert's your father's brother.

Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321796943388

Turbocharger Silicone pipe boost hose nipple Turbo vacuum vac Gauge fitting Tdi

Rides
    Would that seal up !? Will be running near 1.4 bar

Rides
    You could drill and tap the compressor outlet neck something like 1/8th or 1/4 bps with a hose tail

Rides
    Yes, you would be fitting it into a silicone hose. It's got a rubber seal and a locking nut so you tighten it to seal it. I've used them on my last 3 cars. It's not the only way of doing it, you could use a t-piece on the cold side but I prefer to keep the boost control pipework as short as possible to avoid boost spike and keep it as safe as possible.

Rides
    I wouldn't use that fitting, the hole is microscopic in the middle it won't flow enough and you will get spike and taper as a result.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post
    I wouldn't use that fitting, the hole is microscopic in the middle it won't flow enough and you will get spike and taper as a result.
    The hole is about 2-3mm in diameter, which is roughly the same internal diameter as boost gauge hose. Regardless how much air it flows the pressure is the same. Works perfectly on every car I've ever fitted one to. I prefer it on the Nissan because the only other places to tee into are on the hot side, so the controller will be slightly less responsive than if you're teeing into the first hose after the turbo (therefore as close as possible to the turbo). Hence my reasoning for fitting one of these.

Edit: mine is a slightly larger diameter than the one in the link. That's just an example.
    Last edited by handsomedez; 25-08-2016 at 20:44.