Thread: Knocking coming from the front left PS13.

Rides

Knocking coming from the front left PS13.

Afternoon guys,

It's becoming more noticeable that I've got a knocking/clunking noise coming from the front end. It's happening when drive over the speed bumps down my street at low speed, don't really hear it any other time really.

It's currently fitted with apex fast road coilovers and I've check to see if everything is tight.

My thinking is it's the bushes that are going? Would you say that these tension rod bush and drop link bushes are dead?

First pic for interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jimbo093; 26-08-2016 at 11:33.

Rides
    Those tension rod bushes don't look very clever. They look split all around there outer edge.double check your coilovers for any damp patches.
    Also post pics of where your arb's mounts as those bushes could be fubar.

Rides
    check the coilover top nut is tight, one of mine has a habit of loosening itself and creating a horrid knock. its the big nut at the top under the bonnet. i used a air gun and thread lock in the end. that nut is quite tricky to tighten as the coilover damper shaft will most likely want to rotate with it but at least you can see if ones loose

Rides
    coilover top mount knocking? happened to me and took forever to diagnose

Rides
    ^yep mostky likely cause as has been already suggested. Top mount/bearing issues.
    It should be pretty obvious if it's the top mount, Jack the car up so the questionable wheel/corner is unweighted then lift the wheel up and down with your hands to check for movement/clunk. Had to replace mine a few months back. Was cheaper and far easier to replace the entire mount with the bearing than it was to buy the bearing separately. Got it from BC racing (apex) and it also fitted my cusco coilovers perfectly too
    Part:
    http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/accessori...g-front-1.html

Rides
    The only way of getting to the bottom of this is to get in there and replicate the knock

Could be:
    lower ball joint
    Roll bar d bush
    Drop link
    Top nut on coilover
    Any bolt/nut that's loose

The tension rod bush looks shot but I don't think it's the cause of your issue.