Thread: S14 Qs NA Import rear brakes, Help!!

Rides

S14 Qs NA Import rear brakes, Help!!

Hey, I have an NA import Qs S14 which is 4stud. I assumed it has s13 rear brakes but it doesnt, its cable to caliper not drum for handbrake and s13 disks, calipers and pads are bigger. My rear pads are down to metal so I want new disks and pads, don't want to swap out for different brakes yet. Where can I find some disks and pads? Euros obviouslt dont stock them does anyone know if other models will fit?

Rides
    Surely they should just be standard S14 callipers? Get a few pictures up and I'm sure people will identify them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Measure the rear disc diameter and that'll help identify them too. Maybe S14 rear brakes with 4-stud discs? Is it a single-pot caliper?

Rides
    Will put pics up when I'm on my pc, the disc diameter is same as s13 with a single pot caliper. The pad is shorter than s13 ones, I assume that standard s14 discs etc are bigger

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    What do 180sx's run as standard. Could be the same.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Rear UK S13 disc diameter is 266mm but has an integral drum for the handbrake.

Don't know if that helps at all.

EDIT: Corrected from 267mm as my tape measure is obviously duff Thanks Paul.
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 30-08-2016 at 15:56.

Rides
    Stock s13 discs are 266mm diameter stock s14 ones are 258 so I suspect they will look the same without measuring them.

I think youll find its a stock s14 setup just with a 4 stud hub not a 5 stud

Rides
    It should be S14 pads, the discs will be a little harder, iirc blueprint used to list them so worth a visit to the motor factors with an old disc as a local American lad I know managed to get new ones recently by doing this. I would ask him what they are but he is deployed right now

Rides
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Theoretically I should be able to buy 5 stud S14 discs and redrill them and they will go straight on with S14 pads?

Rides
    Alternatively these Primera 2.0 rears look like they would work as well? Will get some and offer them up

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ni...fb68677&000027