Thread: Just getting back into the swing of things

Rides

Just getting back into the swing of things

Hi guys, I'm hopefully going to get my s14 back on the road in the next few weeks, after its been sat up for over a year and a half. I've decided its time to stop flaffing about with it, and get it to how i want it.

so the work i can see that its going to need is as follows

arches (started bubbling) - thinking over arches.
    want a bodykit (something nice along the lines of rocket bunny, with race splitter and skirt extenders, rear spats and subtle spoiler)
    and as its just had a new engine build minus pistons and con rods, ill be running it in, and when the money arises, probably going forged.
    new suspension set up (arms etc. on springs at the minute but not sure if i want coilies or not)

So the reason I've put it in this part of the forum, is mainly because I'm based in Gloucester, and hoping you lot would have a lot of mechanical knowledge, as well as spanner skills. Maybe looking for some of you to help me along the way, so that for the next Weekender, we can say we had a mainly SXOC built SX, and some people like helping others, and would like to keep costs as low as possible.

So to that end, would anyone be up for helping me? or maybe point me in the right direction of some decent workshops?

I've attached a link for ref of the bodystyle i want, minus the front end

Cheers guys

Dean

http://speedhunters-wp-production.s3...oss-S14-28.jpg

Rides
    Only just noticed this. How you getting on?

FS: HKS SSQV recirc inserts, S14 eccentric rear arm lockout washer kits

Rides
    the engine has nearly been rebuilt. had pretty much everything on it replaced, minus pistons and conrods.

block been down the engineers,
    new oil pump rotors,
    new water pump,
    King bearings,
    new head studs.
    heads had new valves,
    all new gaskets,
    cometic 1.2mm HG
    new piston rings, and some more little bits and pieces, I'm not sure on what pistons and conrods i should go for to forge it.

had a bit of trouble putting the oil jets back in, but thats sorted now. hoping to have the car back in the next fortnight.

just need to get the engine back in, MOT and tax and get it back.