Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My clean red UK s14a

Rides

My clean red UK s14a

About time I started a thread, after owning 2 s15's and a s14a import over the years I bought this last year after waiting and waiting for the right s15 or s14a and took at least 2 years for me to buy one. I've tried other cars but always end up back in an s body and I've now said I won't ever sell again as its too hard to find a decent one these days.
    The last car I expected to buy was a UK s14a due to me liking rust free tidy cars but I when I viewed the car I had to have it, underneath is like any fresh import I've owned with just 2 previous owners to me who only used it in summer. The first owner an older bloke had it from new up until 2010 serviced every year at Nissan regardless of milage, and the second owner bought it standard and had all the servicing and upgrades carried out at APT. It has now done 47,000 miles.

Since I bought the car I have added my own touches to make it how I want it but also a lot of things are to preserve it in good condition for years to come. It's will be ongoing but mainly in winter whilst in my garage. It will carry on not seeing salty winter roads and will be only used as my toy in the summer months.

In my eyes has sensible modifications and some kouki touches all genuine Nissan bits no fibreglass

Engine-
    Blitz filter
    Apex polished intake
    Apex front mount
    Apex down pipe
    Hks silent hi power
    Nismo 555 injectors
    Walbro fuel pump
    Stage 2 hd chip

Suspension/brakes-
    Stock size brembo discs with project mu pads
    Apex gen 2 comfy coil overs
    Rear apex camber arms
    Braided brake hoses

Body-
    Kouki grill
    Kouki spoiler
    Kouki rear bumper
    Kouki k's quarter badges
    Kouki rear spats

Here it is the day I got it last year

Last edited by rich damms; 13-11-2016 at 21:22.

Rides

Last edited by rich damms; 02-09-2016 at 08:39.

Rides
    Such a nice clean car

Rides
    A clean and polish under the bonnet not that it was bad anyway

Recently fitted apex polished heat shield and apex polished apex intake pipe

Last edited by rich damms; 02-09-2016 at 08:33.

Rides
    Over last winter before and after pictures, skirts off and sills cleaned and sprayed in Wurth stone guard black and a light coat of Bilt Humber uc clear and all cavitys sprayed with bilt hamper cavity wax.
    I wanted to do this properly and didn't just want to coat anything and everything in sticky horrible waxoyl which dirt and stones stick to. It's all hard to touch and easily cleanable every so often

Rear bumper removed and rear panel cleaned stone guarded black part way and a light coat of Bilt Hamber uc clear.

All front arch trims removed back side of the wings coated in bilt Hamber uc clear

Front and rear wheel arches cleaned, any slight surface rust rubbed back treated and Wurth black stone guarded with a light coat of clear laquer and clear bilt Hamber sprayed around the strut tops and in every small join/seam gap around the arches etc.

Front and rear brakes removed, callipers cleaned zinc primered and painted silver then lacquered, new rear discs and pads

Coil overs removed and cleaned up, lubricated , re fitted.

This winter I'm hoping to remove the rear subframe get it powder coated along with all the arms and replace all the bushes. Then remove move the tank and treat everything I can't get to with it fitted

AFTER

Last edited by rich damms; 02-09-2016 at 10:12.

Rides
    Looks lovely! So clean and simple . Only thing I don't like is the clear braided hose for the recirc looping over the fan shroud. Looks much tidier if you retain the stock recirc pipe wich butts up to the rocker imo

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanR View Post
    Looks lovely! So clean and simple . Only thing I don't like is the clear braided hose for the recirc looping over the fan shroud. Looks much tidier if you retain the stock recirc pipe wich butts up to the rocker imo
    That's gone now just no pic without it. Not finished under there yet will get there steadily

Rides
    Made a plate and fitted my aem boost gauge

Rides
    Love the look of the kouki import and got hold of these, and managed to find a badge too

Rides
    That's one clean s14a.

Rides
    Kouki grill and wheels professionally re furbed earlier this year. Although not my first choice of wheel they don't look bad and fit it well, I'd like to change them one day and I do have some r33 gtr's I'm thinking of getting re furbed and fitting

Rides
    Yellow k's badges from Japan and more recent pics including the rear spats I just fitted and now on private plate. Thinking of re fitting my original grill think I might prefer it than the kouki

Spats fitted

Last edited by rich damms; 02-09-2016 at 10:54.

Rides
    Looking smart mate, if you do decide to get rid of the kouki grill, inbox me a price and I will take it off your hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kush1s View Post
    Looking smart mate, if you do decide to get rid of the kouki grill, inbox me a price and I will take it off your hands

You still have the autech grill? Seen you had one forsale

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rich damms View Post
    You still have the autech grill? Seen you had one forsale
    Yeah mate it's still here doing nothing !

Rides
    Beautiful car. I saw this at Japfest I'm sure. I remarked to the other half that it was the cleanest S14A I have seen and one of my favourite cars there!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_ View Post
    Beautiful car. I saw this at Japfest I'm sure. I remarked to the other half that it was the cleanest S14A I have seen and one of my favourite cars there!
    Thanks! Yes I was at japfest at silverstone earlier in the year

Rides
    Sold my ultralites and got my r33 gtr alloys powder coated and fitted with some new pirelli p zero's

Rides
    Now I have all the kouki bits for the rear I've decided it needs the rest to look right so managed to get this genuine Nissan kouki aero lip. Just need to fork out for the bumper now

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Awesome purchase. Look forward to seeing this once the new front end is on. Think srb still sell the bumpers FYI.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue