Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk to me: Ford Kuga 2.0TDCI 180ps Titanium AWD

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Do you still work for Ford as well

Not sure how they are making any money on that, a Fiesta ST on 6k a year will cost you more than that and that has a 10k lower list price.
    They are probably of the thinking that they are not going to make any money with it sat around not sold either and if it means the dealer hits the sales figures then its easy enough to justify for a handful of cars.

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mac View Post
    Sounds like a very good deal.

I don't think you will get anywhere near the power increase you are hoping for with a tuning box tho
    I bought something similar many moons ago to fit to an Astra SRi 2.0 diesel, & it certainly had a useful effect, but was a bit smokey near the rev limit. Other than that I was going by the manufacturers claims...

I've mooched a few, but this was the one I'd semi plumped for:

https://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and...FYdAGwodzIECpg

If the claims are B/S, I'll go elsewhere & buy cheaper but with more realistic outcomes. Any one able to advise?

R.

Rides
    Tuning boxes are shit IMO and a bodgers way of tuning a car. All they do is trick the ECU into sticking more fuel in and in the end just burn out the injectors. Get a remap or dont bother. A 180ps Kuga is not a slow car anyway, not for a daily bus.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Mark, there are places that do what they call a remap for similar money, but I needed something I can remove before servicing or handing back in 3 years. I had hoped that by paying for this 2 chan. version, it'd be a bit more sophisticated... eBay has various options starting at around £60->£70. Assuming I can't replicate a similar deal at the end of the lease, I'd plan to flog the box on.

If anyone can recommend a tuning box, I'd be all ears.

R.

Rides
    I'd go Superchips Bluefin, bit more expensive but provides a proper reversible solution

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/search?ma...0&variant=3227

Rides
    Yup, ours is a 180 4wd Ti Nav with 18s, and whatever pack gives you parking sensors. Didn't want the 4wd but the 180s aren't available in 2wd, and the extra poke of the 180 is quite noticeable.

That's an amazing deal by the sound of things. With employee discount offered is still a fair chunk over that on the monthlies.

To compare it to a second hand car is daft. If it's maintained, that's 3 years of pretty much hassle free motoring. As daily transport, that would be hard to turn down.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Do you still work for Ford as well

Not sure how they are making any money on that, a Fiesta ST on 6k a year will cost you more than that and that has a 10k lower list price.
    Yep, still here. Just in a different area now.

I can't imagine there making much on it, if anything. I know the prices have plummeted recently due to the new model being released but another member of my family just bought a 150ps titanium with Nav, convenience, appearance pack and larger wheels for just shy of £250 a month no deposit and that's with the employee discount.

Just shows how low a dealer can really go.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BWanderers View Post
    Mark, there are places that do what they call a remap for similar money, but I needed something I can remove before servicing or handing back in 3 years. I had hoped that by paying for this 2 chan. version, it'd be a bit more sophisticated... eBay has various options starting at around £60->£70. Assuming I can't replicate a similar deal at the end of the lease, I'd plan to flog the box on.

If anyone can recommend a tuning box, I'd be all ears.

R.
    The vast majority of tuning boxes plug into the fuel rail pressure sensor and piggy-back the signal, tricking the ECU into pushing more fuel and producing abit more power/torque in the process.
    The prices some companies charge for what is essentially abit of a fancy resistor is a poke in the eye IMO.

A proper remap will alter the fuel and boost maps, giving a more noticeable boost in power. I doubt the company will notice the difference when it's handed back, they're not going to run it up Santa Pod to check performance.

If you're considering spending north of £350 for a tuning box I can't see a remap being much more expensive?

Rides
    The difference between a plug in box and the proper remap at Collins performance on our D5 was night and day, plus the mpg difference alone more than made up for the cost difference over a short time

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Yup, ours is a 180 4wd Ti Nav with 18s, and whatever pack gives you parking sensors. Didn't want the 4wd but the 180s aren't available in 2wd, and the extra poke of the 180 is quite noticeable.
    Same here. We replaced Gwyn's Qashqai +2 with a Kuga Ti 180ps AWD and what a car. Drives amazing. Returns 37MPG with 70% being round the doors. Yet get it on an open country road and its blooming good fun. Also agree that you really don't need to tune the 180ps. Even with the 6 spd DSG auto box and permanent AWD, it bloody shifts .

Spend the money you would spend on a tuning box on a decent sat nav instead. Sync2 lets down the rest of the bloody car. SO annoying. Sat nav just does not work. It needs an 'great I have 4wd but god damn it, just ignore green lanes FFS' option have a Google on that one. Also it totally goes to pieces when trying to factor in a one way system to a route. Then you have the 3 million voice commands; nice idea, extremely poorly executed. We have to get our 10 year old to do the voice commands as it just won't recognise adult North East voices .