Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bollox the pony is tempting

Rides

Bollox the pony is tempting

**** you Ford I think you may have actually built a car that I really like.

Just been an had a long chat with the salesman at Ford and I'm really tempted by the ecoboost Mustang.

Really nice comfortable place to sit little bit dark but that don't bother me and the bonnet was a bit hard to place as it's sooooooo big. Massive boot remote start seemed well built.

We only do top of the range in either V8 or Ecoboost and at just over $50k delivered it seems like a cracking deal. The list of options that come standard just went on and on. The air-con seats the seven colour user selectable interior lights the pony logo from the wing mirror the integrated touch screen SatNav Sync 3 system and the best bit Ford racing will through in a Procal handset to increase the boost and still honour your warranty.

One huge downside there's roughly a 9month waiting list. Going to have a serious think about this but what's your thoughts.

Rides
    I couldn't have a Mustang without a big dirty V8

Rides
    In fact I wouldn't ever own a Mustang, just don't do it for me

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky_s13 View Post
    I couldn't have a Mustang without a big dirty V8
    See this was my thought I thought I was actually looking at the V8 until the hood was lifted and I was pleasantly surprised by the price tag it's 10k more for a V8

Rides

Rides
    My neighbour has one. It looks fantastic. But as he drives around it is a giant anticlimax.

Rides
    Ecoboost handles better than the V8 but its not a V8. am torn on them, Ecoboost is a head purchase (if buying a Mustang is ever a head purchase ), V8 is heart all the way. I just cant help thinking a few months down the line you will be thinking 'should have got the proper one'.

Pricing seems the same as the UK (£32k for 2.3, £36k for the V8, £34k and £38k when fully loaded though))

Think if I could only get the Ecoboost i would just get the Focus RS instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Ecoboost handles better than the V8 but its not a V8. am torn on them, Ecoboost is a head purchase (if buying a Mustang is ever a head purchase ), V8 is heart all the way. I just cant help thinking a few months down the line you will be thinking 'should have got the proper one'.

Pricing seems the same as the UK (£32k for 2.3, £36k for the V8, £34k and £38k when fully loaded though))

Think if I could only get the Ecoboost i would just get the Focus RS instead.
    Ironically the RS is more @56k with NO upgrades or optional extras!!!! Work that out.
    Last edited by auz200sx; 30-09-2016 at 13:48.

Rides
    Only thing that would concern me is resale. If you're at all worried about how much it will be worth in the future then I'd purchase the V8. If you don't care then the ecoboost makes a lot of sense. OK it might not sound as nice but the performance is the same if not better. They've grown on me a lot. Having said that, I still think if I were to ever own a Stang it would have to be an old one, sorry.

Rides

Bollox the pony is tempting

One thing to understand with the new mustangs is you don't get the quality you get with a German car of the same money. The panel gaps and fitment aren't up to civilised countries standards really. If you don't care about that, then the V8 mustang with the Ford racing exhaust is awesome!
    The racing stripe kit is just some poor quality stickers with a terrible fade type effect on the ends.
    The ecoboost mustang just sounds like a mondeo and isn't a patch on the Coyote engine noise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    The V8 was a smidge over 30K here when it launched a while back, but price increases and the Focus RS launch make it look like a shit buy.

The Yanks get all the interesting extra trimmings, the Shelby version over there packs over 500BHP!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41288 View Post
    One thing to understand with the new mustangs is you don't get the quality you get with a German car of the same money. The panel gaps and fitment aren't up to civilised countries standards really. If you don't care about that, then the V8 mustang with the Ford racing exhaust is awesome!
    The racing stripe kit is just some poor quality stickers with a terrible fade type effect on the ends.
    The ecoboost mustang just sounds like a mondeo and isn't a patch on the Coyote engine noise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All euro cars here are seriously over priced and moving about on a boat for so long doesn't make the panel gaps any more or less better tbh and to be honest the salesman did mention the panel gaps on the stang but from the five or six examples I looked at I didn't see anything that jumped out at me. The stripes are over priced and crap again the sales guy admitted that so Ford Adelaide have them shipped in without them and have them fitted by a local design company to your spec and colour should you wish them fitted at a few hundred $$ cheap then Ford. As for the sound I'm sure a decent exhaust down the track will help in more ways then one but yeah it will never sound like a V8. It's just slightly out of reach and the cost to run it is silly.
    Last edited by auz200sx; 30-09-2016 at 22:14.

Rides
    Fuel not cheap in Oz then? Thought everyone ran around in V8 utes

The panel gaps on the 350R Ford had at Goodwood was atrocious which is poor for a demo car as they should be spot on. Ones I have seen at work though have been much better, they look really good in Ruby red as well.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    It's cheaper than over here, but then everyone lives a million miles away from everything so you do kinda end up putting in more miles.

Rides
    Sorry but when i think Mustang I think of this

Rides
    Thats not the car, thats the idiot drivers. I could find as many 200sx related videos of the same type on you tube.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    It's always leaving a cars & coffee event too, just seems like with a small crowd gathered people's brains disappear into their underpants.

Rides
    Sideways car checker.

Power 300+ = Thumbs up
    Torqies = 300+ Thumbs up
    Gears = Manual option Thumbs up
    Driven Wheels = Rear Thumbs up
    Weight = 1600k + Thumbs down...
    Size = Bus Thumbs down

Soz, sideways14a does not likey.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Thats not the car, thats the idiot drivers. I could find as many 200sx related videos of the same type on you tube.
    no you can't

Rides
    Well three months from order I've got the dealer ringing me to tell me I can pick up my stang next week. I'll post pics up when I take delivery but to say I'm a tad excited is an understatement. Went for the eco boost premium in magnetic.