Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a practical car I don't GAF about

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Dunno about the Dolby Stereo. It's a 4 CD changer. How lovely.

700 notes though. Bare.
    Think if it's the good one it'll say Dolby Pro-logic on it. Mine had a hearing-aid beige interior (carpets and head cloth included) and smelled like someone had been smoking a peace-pipe in it. It was delightful.

Rides
    I could suggest a Mazda, a few cars back I had the MPS, absolute riot of a car, even collected an SR20 on the way back from Trax a few years ago.
    The 2 litre petrol or a diesel might be more economical, the MPS liked filling up.

Rides
    You're a little late with that as he's just collected a Vulva.

Rides

Still, I haven't picked the Vulva up yet. Let's see what happens when I do tomorrow. Might be looking for another car already

Rides
    You went on the train, bought it and came back without the car ?

Rides
    Uhhuh. Had to be back in town for 11. And then knew beers would flow this afternoon so I'd be in no state to collect.

Going over there tomorrow afternoon to pick up.

Drove it 10 miles this morning. It didn't pack up. Should be fine. Lolz.

Rides
    For the screen scratch you need a felt pad and cerium oxide..... Our civic had someone go full mong with a ice scraper, to the point of it being a nightmare at night to drive, sorted it out a treat.

Parts like brake disks and ball joints etc are silly cheap from europarts.... Irrc about 35 a disk and 18 for pads on our xc70

Had a very minor weep of power steering fluid on ours, never dripped but had a powdery residue, sorted by prising off the pressed clip and fitting a little mikalor style one

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DLowe; 29-12-2016 at 20:01.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    For the screen scratch you need a felt pad and cerium oxide..... Our civic had someone go full mong with a ice scraper, to the point of it being a nightmare at night to drive, sorted it out a treat.

Parts like brake disks and ball joints etc are silly cheap from europarts.... Irrc about 35 a disk and 18 for pads on our xc70

Had a very minor weep of power steering fluid on ours, never dripped but had a powdery residue, sorted by prising off the pressed clip and fitting a little mikalor style one

Cheers fella. Ordered some, so I'll give it a whirl.

Got the car back here this morning. Already ordered a replacement for the broken rear light, so that'll be here next week hopefully. Having trouble taxing it as it looks like the green section of the v5c I've been given has been cancelled as he's ordered a new log book following change of address I can see how this is going to work out; DVLA will be trying to fine me for the back tax at some point, so I'll have to play this one as cute as I can.

Other than that, no real dramas - it's slow as hell, but comfy and really well equipped. It has got Dolby Surround on the stereo but I've not tried it with a decent CD yet to see what it's like. Needs a bit of a clean up, but otherwise it seems ideal for the purpose for which it's been purchased; to be abused and kept alive on minimal life support systems

Rides
    I never used to pro logic surround settings on ours, just had it in stereo mode for music.... We had the 11 speaker se lux one though and it sounded mega

Rides
    Wifey drove it for the first time earlier. Scarily, she asked me what pedal was the brake It's not like she drove an automatic for nearly 5 years, less than 2 years ago, or anything

Took it for a clean down the local hand car wash - obviously they cared for it like it was their own, so that was good. Cleaned the inside too, as there were some sticky things that, umm, probably shouldn't have been there.

One other issue is that the handbrake is garbage so I'm guessing it's lunched. Not an issue on an auto of course, but that will become an issue on the next MOT for sure. Is it a complicated system at the rear?

Otherwise, so far so good.

Rides
    Ours needed adjusting twice over the 6/7yrs we had it, was just a screw under the gaiter iirc

Rides
    Sticky things you say!

Rides
    You had to go there didn't you Paul !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    You had to go there didn't you Paul !

Curious is all :-D

Rides
    Very sticky. Had little hairs everywhere

Rides
    A fecking volvo.... jezubs... got your pipe and slippers ordered for it.

Rides
    Slippers on order. Taking the tartan rug out of the 911. Thinking of getting some countryside alliance stickers.

Rides
    Right OK I'm just gonna level with you all here; 'something' has 'happened'.

Wifey used the car last night and plonked it in a train station car park to go off clubbing - and I couldn't help but feel a slight nervousness and anxiety until she returned. I thought it was her being out, but when she got back and parked the Volvo the other end of the street, I realised the feelings were more likely about the car.

Been out for a run down to the seafront today in it and I have to say it drives really, really nice. It's slow, but it's really comfy and a nice steer.

I think I've actually warmed to it. I actually like it. I.......have gotten old.......

Rides
    Just lol. How does Rosanna put up with you ?

Rides
    I think she struggles as much with me as I do with her.

Anyway. I'm very pleased with my fogie wagon. Once I've changed the rear light cluster I'll grab some pics. It's not in bad shape at all really.