Thread: Getting hot on track

Rides

Getting hot on track

Hi guys, need to pick the sxoc brain bank. When i first got my car it used to get hot when on boost and cool when I let off so i replaced the rad for an ally on and it solved the problem. I've since upped the power a few times as it stands now 385 at the fly. I went to the nurburgring in september and within half a lap it got very hot and performance was down and started missing, so I let up and it cooled down power came back missfire went away. That happened on all of my laps so didn't get to set any lap records.....

Now my question to you is what do I do to combat this and how do I test to see if I've fixed it as i cant get the needle to move past half way on normal roads?

Rides
    Ducting to stop ar going around the radiator. Think speed academy just did a video on youtube needing to do it to theirs. Then go back to nurburgring haha.

Rides
    better ducting and a mocal oil cooler with a mocal thermostatic sandwich plate.

Rides
    I cent help feeling that its something not right rather than needing additional stuff

Rides
    Anyway of checking A/F ratio, could be running lean.

Rides
    afr's are below 11-11.5 at wot