Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 370z Nismo Track Edition

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    New 370ZNismo or a 3year old Jag XKR ?

I do have my own opinions on the 370Z subject, however, I also subscribe to CAR magazine (and it is a damn good read) who did this a few months ago.
    (and I haven't driven either of them so my own opinion would be internet fluff if I tried ) but I like to take part in the conversation
    The XKRS is one of the most fun cars I've ever driven

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    Apologies to Crazy

One of these cars is a 2+2 Coupe, the other is a 2 door saloon, which granted makes it a coupe, with a M badge [1] on the side a "performance coupe" but still not a "Sports coupe". A "Sports Coupe" is a 2 seat roadster with a lid like a Triumph GT6 or BMW Z4M or 370Z. Then there is the 2+2, it can either be cut n shut 2 door saloon with roof chop down to roadster height (Cefiro > 200SX) or a stretched Sports coupe (E-type FHC 2+2).

The wiki says the presence of a B pillar results in the car being a "2 door saloon". It also defines a "sports coupe".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup%C3%A9

[1] I'm not 100% convinced that this photo is a M it may just be another red one. Although it looks just like the one I parked to yesterday, that had M's on the front wing but it only had a single tail pipe and no model badge on the back so I really don't have any clue what it was/is other than being a 2 door BMW 1nnx. I've got a "feeling" that a M should have quad tailpipes but that may just be M3 or M5. And that's the big issue I have with BMWs, there are far to many model badge-less wannabe fakes and unless you are a fully paid up BMW anorak it's not possible to identify what you are looking at. It seems a large number of BMW owners lack integrity including some I may work with which is worrying as everyone has done Corporate Ethics training, maybe I should raise this with the corporate ethics line.

ps photo was taken 26 October long before this topic arose.
    Hahahaha! BMW are very common this is my issue.

An my badge doesn't mean it's an out n out M car. M Sport is also a trim level. So you can get a 420d MSport which will have some of the badges you talked about, but it's a diesel!

I am placing my order today

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    The XKRS is one of the most fun cars I've ever driven
    Yeah buts it's a Jaaaag! Everyone knows you are a tosser if you own a Jaaaag!

Rides
    Oh and looks wise it's ugly too!

Rides
    Fast as shit though in 5.0l form once they're off the mark.

And they sound much, much, much better than the 3.7 V6.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    Fast as shit though in 5.0l form once they're off the mark.

And they sound much, much, much better than the 3.7 V6.
    I guess but apart from the F Type I never liked jags. Everybody likes what they like I guess.

Rides
    I had a 350Z for a few years and it lost more money in that time than any other car I've owned.

Don't want to put you off but the value of 3*0Z's drop like a stone.

Rides
    I did think 350s got super cheap super quick

Rides
    I guess it's the large engine size, vs running, vs being a Nissan.

Rides
    Coupled with the fact it wasn't actually that quick for the fuel usage. I used to get 21 to the gallon no matter how I drove it. Think I got 25 on a run to Wales and back once.

Great car though, exhaust noise was intoxicating but unfortunately I've never heard a 370z sound the same so not sure what they did to the engine.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CMR View Post
    Coupled with the fact it wasn't actually that quick for the fuel usage. I used to get 21 to the gallon no matter how I drove it. Think I got 25 on a run to Wales and back once.

Great car though, exhaust noise was intoxicating but unfortunately I've never heard a 370z sound the same so not sure what they did to the engine.
    I have been told the Nismo knocks the socks of the GT and guessing the GT must be better than the old 350. All the reviews tell me the 370 Nismo has come a long way and is a great car. Hell even top gear gave it a good review!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    I think long term the car will appreciate and not depreciate being a nismo will help.
    No wonder you have crazy in your name, that is one of the most ridiculous things I have read on the SXOC! Use past behaviour as predictor.

If you want something under £50K that should go up in value long term. Better do what Arry did, get a good 911 porker when its at bottom of the loop.
    Good shout, I'd say a sub 20k 997 is going to lose very little.

Unless it's so cheap that you can sell it quick for a profit all a 370Z will do is put the GT-R further out of reach as it burns your cash in garage bills and depreciation.
    Exactly.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    No wonder you have crazy in your name, that is one of the most ridiculous things I have read on the SXOC! Use past behaviour as predictor.

Good shout, I'd say a sub 20k 997 is going to lose very little.

Exactly.
    I know.. that was wrongly worded. I know that no car will ever appreciate from new lol!

This is not a money making exercise. It's an opportunity for me to get my hands on a brand new zero mile car, probably one that I and not many other people would have the chance of doing in their lifetime. So I am gonna take the punt and do it

I like the car, I don't want a second hand car with a loan (had many of those in the past) and I don't want anything else (new) in the same price range, especially not a BMW.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    One of these cars is a 2+2 Coupe, the other is a 2 door saloon, which granted makes it a coupe, with a M badge [1] on the side a "performance coupe" but still not a "Sports coupe". A "Sports Coupe" is a 2 seat roadster with a lid like a Triumph GT6 or BMW Z4M or 370Z. Then there is the 2+2, it can either be cut n shut 2 door saloon with roof chop down to roadster height (Cefiro > 200SX) or a stretched Sports coupe (E-type FHC 2+2).
    Seriously, who cares whether they drive a "sports coupe" or a "performance coupe"? All I care about is that my car is as quick as a 997 Turbo, cost a lot less money and is practical enough to carry 4 adults and their luggage on extended journeys.
    There might be a lot of BMW's ont he road but theres a bloody good reason for it - they are good cars, whether M badged or not. Again, what the hell are you on about?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    You selling it already?

There's a 370 Nismo for sale on eBay and there's a 200sx in the pictures to, is it yours?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisyboi s14 View Post
    You selling it already?

There's a 370 Nismo for sale on eBay and there's a 200sx in the pictures to, is it yours?
    Who was that aimed at? I haven't even got mine yet. Should be here in April.