Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Professional Rustproofing??

Rides

Professional Rustproofing??

Hi guys,

I'm putting my s14a back on the road after it being garaged for 6 years, it's in brilliant condition and I want to keep it that way so I need a bit of advice on protecting it from the elements.

Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with places that do professional rustproofing? The cavity injection type places? I don't mind paying a bit for it if it means its a good job.

Thanks!

Rides
    Never used them but they get good reviews. http://www.rust.co.uk/we-can-rust-pr...om-250/c32734/

Rides
    Cheers for the info, I've just spent the last hour and a half reading up on places and this one does seem to be one of the best. I'll be on the phone in the morning to see when they're available!

Rides
    No worries, i am thinking of getting them to do some work in mine too! Keep the tread updated if you don't mind, interested in seeing why they are like

Rides
    would love to have a car acid dipped then galvanised, even just to see the shell going in a tank, but then thats a little extreme.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by norfy View Post
    would love to have a car acid dipped then galvanised, even just to see the shell going in a tank, but then thats a little extreme.
    would be awesome, although a few horror stories about rust coming through in a short period of time makes me wonder about how well the acid is neutralised in some cases.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    No worries, i am thinking of getting them to do some work in mine too! Keep the tread updated if you don't mind, interested in seeing why they are like
    Will do. These guys really seem to know their stuff from what they have on the website, a lot of very in depth articles, and from the facebook page you can see they've done some jap cars before, skylines, rx7 etc. It'll have to be an overnight jobby or a 4hr drive each day (2 each way for me) but that doesn't really bother me if it's going to be done properly. They also do a guarantee that can be transferred over to a new owner providing you take it back each year for a top up (£50), after 6 years they offer another full job at half price. A 200sx would be £450.

I am contemplating rolling the rear arches before getting it done though...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen.h View Post
    Will do. These guys really seem to know their stuff from what they have on the website, a lot of very in depth articles, and from the facebook page you can see they've done some jap cars before, skylines, rx7 etc. It'll have to be an overnight jobby or a 4hr drive each day (2 each way for me) but that doesn't really bother me if it's going to be done properly. They also do a guarantee that can be transferred over to a new owner providing you take it back each year for a top up (£50), after 6 years they offer another full job at half price. A 200sx would be £450.

I am contemplating rolling the rear arches before getting it done though...
    I thought £450 was a good price, weigh that up vs not doing it and the welding costs you'll pay in the future and it seems like a really good idea.

Didnt see the part about regular top ups, bargain, shame they are 200 miles away but will probably still do it.
    Last edited by sx rider r17t; 23-11-2016 at 19:59.

Rides
    Yeah those were my thoughts also, not to mention all the hassle that goes along with having to repair later down the line.

It is a bit a shlep to get down there, especially as you have to overnight it, but I'm pretty sure these guys are happy for you just to hang about and watch the process which I'd like to do anyways, that way you know for sure they are doing it right and getting the wax inside all the body panels.

Rides
    Just had a chat with the guys at Rustbuster and booked the 14a in for January. It's the two day full works package for £450. Had a good chat with Ian about the benefits of dinitrol vs their own formula which they supply to manufactures like Ford, the rustbuster stuff has a rust inhibitor in the wax which apparently the competitors dont. He also said they are happy to apply some more wax in specific areas that are very prone to rusting on the S14, as long as I can give them a list of where. So does anyone have any tips of specific areas that are very sensitive to rust?

Cheers!

Rides
    cool! I think i'll be giving them a ring at some point.

Would be nice to watch their process, I'll have to spend a night up there too but will be worth it.

rust on the lenght of the sills and at the end near bomerang bracket mounting points will be the worst of it I think.

Rides
    Yeah I figured that would be the worst. I'll have a chat with the guy, pretty sure they'll just drill into the sills and cover the insides in wax. Will keep this updated!

Rides
    Cool, looking forward to your progress

Rides
    Please do update (with before, during and after pics if possible) as I will most likely book my car in with the same place based on your findings. Thanks!

Rides
    After doing the job myself on mine, I think £450 is a bargain! And wish I'd found a place to do it!

Rides
    Any update on this mate?

Rides
    As above... any update?

Rides
    I bet there's a load of people interested in this - how did it go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtone View Post
    if it bring the price of fuel down Brown better be up a tree taking one up the arse
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Why?

If Dignitas gave you a discount for going early... would you?

Rides
    Hi guys, sorry for not updating this thread sooner, I've been abroad with work since the beginning of January so the rust proofing has been postponed. To be honest I'm having to reconsider my plans for the s14 now just due to lack of time and possibly space soon I did have another chat with the Rust guys again before I left and I'd say if anyone is considering having this done it's worth giving them a call, they seem very knowledgable and the most confidence inspiring compared to other companies I enquired with

Rides
    I'm probably going to get mine done in September. Shame you had to postpone yours.