Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JDM S14a Kouki

Rides
    It's a bit of a myth that silvia s14's came with bb turbos standard, not too sure where it came from but hear it a lot

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    It's a bit of a myth that silvia s14's came with bb turbos standard, not too sure where it came from but hear it a lot
    My import s14a import came with one and when I removed it it hadn't been off before either. Had it refurbed at aet turbos who confirmed it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rich damms View Post
    My import s14a import came with one and when I removed it it hadn't been off before either. Had it refurbed at aet turbos who confirmed it
    What rpm did it come on boost?

Could have been replaced the whole manifold and downpipe from another car, so looked untouched.

Rides
    No it was untouched low mileage. Heat shields and all. Just google it or search on sxoc. Don't own it anymore but came on boost earlier than my brothers uks14a back then and my Uk s14a I own now.

Rides
    So the juries still out on which Turbo I have! But a bit of an update:

All new lows! - 10th February 2017
    Bought a new Arcan jack, really happy with it and much better than the Halfords jobby I was using before!

Took my car to Unit 18 Automotive for an alignment after lowering the rear about 40mm - finally happy with how it sits. More lows on the front required when I drop from a 245/45 to a 225/45.

However, apparently my steering rack has been off and modified (not sure how) to give bigger lock - which is never a bad thing but was in this case as even with spacers my R33 GTR wheels were hitting the coilovers on full lock, so I needed to go back.

Clutch Time - 10th March 2017 - 173,365 miles

The clutch started slipping badly - so I bit the bullet!
    Already had Redline Gearbox oil to put in.

Also bought myself a Tomei Gear Knob to replace the fake Nismo one I had:

And finally the tracking results, running more camber than I wanted but I don't want to roll my arches - so 3 deg neg is required until I drop a tyre size all round - so just need to burn through this Potenzas and then buy 225s!

Car feels so much more planted now - and changing gear feels a lot more solid - so all in all I'm very happy.

Just bedding in the clutch then Ill be back to normal!

The reason I mentioned the turbo again at the top of the post is that now I have a clutch that works, boost is starting to build a lot lower - so the jury is still out!

Thanks

Chris
    Last edited by CEmm; 19-03-2017 at 18:30.

Rides
    Car looks lovely bud, pretty sure that i saw this in the car park at matsuri at the weekend? Looked even better in person i have to say!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew8717 View Post
    Car looks lovely bud, pretty sure that i saw this in the car park at matsuri at the weekend? Looked even better in person i have to say!
    Hey mate!

Yeah I was at Matsuri - shocking lack of photos on my behalf was just enjoying watching! And shocking lack of good quality photos of the car in general - I will work on this!

Was that your BMW with the SXOC Support Vehicle sticker? Made me chuckle!

Cheers

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CEmm View Post
    Hey mate!

Yeah I was at Matsuri - shocking lack of photos on my behalf was just enjoying watching! And shocking lack of good quality photos of the car in general - I will work on this!

Was that your BMW with the SXOC Support Vehicle sticker? Made me chuckle!

Cheers

Yeh that was me! daily driver to chug up the miles and haul crap around.

I did have a good nosey round yours, its unbelievably clean and the white is just I did manage to take a photo or two on my phone, defo didn't do the car justice tho!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew8717 View Post
    Yeh that was me! daily driver to chug up the miles and haul crap around.

I did have a good nosey round yours, its unbelievably clean and the white is just I did manage to take a photo or two on my phone, defo didn't do the car justice tho!

Thanks mate - appreciate it!

Cheers for the photo I really like it - apart from the arch gap on the front! But thats acceptable on a daily.

Defo needs a good polish as well.

Cheers

Chris

Rides
    Service time! 19th March 2017 - Mileage 173,531

Finally ordered the parts I needed, and got round to servicing her.

Fuchs 10w50 Pro S
    NGK BK6RE - used to have 7s in but still havent upped the boost so I thought I'd use 6s.
    K&N oil filter
    Bosch Fuel Filter - still not changed!

So this was all going so well, and my girlfriend was helping me out until this happened:

*PLEASE NOTE* a Robsinsons squash bottle works are the perfect funnel on a SR20!

So I've drilled out the broken bolts, retapped it to 7mm x 1, drilled out the coilpack so the 7mm bolt and ordered some from eBay, fingers crossed they come soon so I can get them in.

Also cleaned the grease off my coilovers, used some kurust and then some lithium grease to stop future rust!
    My girlfriend got carried away and did all the little creases in the chassis rail where surface rust was starting to show.

Last edited by CEmm; 19-03-2017 at 18:31.

Rides
    How many ugga duggas did you give those bolts

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CMR View Post
    How many ugga duggas did you give those bolts
    Mate I know!!

I got a "Chris these bolts keep spinning" and I was like oh shitttt.

And from there it was drama central.

Was literally a ratchet I let her loose with.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CEmm View Post
    I have since realised that the BOV is such a 90s sound, so sold that on!
    That's exactly why you should've kept it; 90s nost***ia is one of the ownership benefits!

Nice car

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    That's exactly why you should've kept it; 90s nost***ia is one of the ownership benefits!

Nice car
    Haha I sold it as I was running the "pigeon" mod, which I have now stopped as popping at every gear change was getting a bit much! Still miss the flutters

Cheers!