Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JDM S14a Kouki

Rides

JDM S14a Kouki

Hello All,

So I thought I would start a progress thread, as I am starting to make a bit of progress with the Silvia!

I decided in Summer 2015 that when I finished my degree, got my Grad job and had paid off my overdraft that it was time to upgrade from the Diesel Grande Punto - she is still in my ownership and has been gifted to the girlfriend as her Alto was frankly... shit.

I lusted over the forums for several months, and finally decided to press the button around October. I bid on 2 cars at Auction, and fortunately avoided a third which had a large dent in the floor (?!).

I was starting to get annoyed with 3 cars slipping through my hands, so I got in touch with JDM Imports who provided me with several websites of Used Car sales.
    I browsed these and found the ideal car!

Japan Spec:
    Front Mount
    Springs in standard shocks
    Air Filter
    SSR Gartmaier with half decent tyres
    Standard Exhaust
    Standard boost (very important)
    Some adjustable suspension items

Was a pretty standard car, which is what i was after!

I asked for some of the underneath, of which the small Dealer obliged (Agent in Japan said this guy seemed extremely legit, and took some convincing as he doesn’t want all of Japan’s sports cars to be exported).

So some chats later and a deal was struck, car was transported to the dock in Japan, and this is also the last time i see the gear knob in the photos!!

I was cheeky and asked my agent to get me some JDM goodness from Up Garage.
    A ganador titanium cat back, blitz super sound and bride driver seat rail were purchased and placed in the car before the boat arrived (by 1 day, was worried!)
    I have since realised that the BOV is such a 90s sound, so sold that on!
    At this time I was also collecting parts here in Blighty: Cobra Buckets, pass rail and sports cat

Now it was time for the agonising wait, but was eventually over!

13th January 2016:

Here she in in Southampton, and arriving at home (I was working away from home at this point and was so excited to get back and see her, the mother sent me these shit photos to wet my appetite)

Sailed the MOT with 1 advisory, papers all sent off and then I was driving as of the 1st February 2016, was too tight to pay a months tax for 3 days driving, even though I was itching!

Have a couple more posts planned as this only takes us to February 2016.

Will update at some point!

Cheers for reading.

Chris
    Last edited by CEmm; 27-12-2016 at 19:45.

Rides
    Next Steps: Get her ready for Daily Duties

6th February 2016
    Radio changed for a Sony Bluetooth jobby.

25th February 2016
    Boost Gauge which replaces the ashtray fitted as well, really like this!

27th February 2016
    Serviced with 10w50 Fuchs, HKS oil filter, BKR7E plugs, magnetic sump plug and forgot fuel filter!

28th February 2016
    Ganador Titanium Cat Back Exhaust fitted.
    This was a bit of a bitch, I had a Sports cat but this was too long, and there was an issue fitting my standard cat back to the cat back, we had to get one of the bolts or studs blown out at a local garage, but finally got it fitted!

3rd March 2016
    Bought and fitted a KBTV Speedo converter, as I didn't fancy any points, great support from KBTV and fitted with ease.

1st May 2016
    Suspension was ropey, think shocks were gone, so HSD Dualtechs were ordered and fitted.

16th May 2016
    Had a Toad Ai606 Alarm installed for peace of mind.

8th July 2016
    I had all the bits together to fit my bucket seats, Cobra Monacos in red.
    Unfortunately I later took these out as they were not very practical in a daily!

More updates to follow!
    Last edited by CEmm; 15-03-2017 at 09:41.

Rides
    Cleanup continues - grip is the game.

Wheels - September until now!
    The lips of the SSR Gartmaiers that came on the car looked like they had been around every kurb in Chiba, so i wanted to tidy those up, and while I was at it I thought lets go the whole hog and gets the centres to a mirror finish too, what a mistake that was! It is a massive job and I completely underestimated how long it would take.

Before:

During:

After:

I decided this was taking too long, and didnt fancy the idea of running with half refurbed wheels, and the tyres were ok but not great, so I did the man maths and decided to get some winter wheels, but still wanted some half decent wheels.

I settled on R33 GTR wheels, as I think they suit the S Body really well, these came up local, and at the right price and had Bridgestone Potenzas with 6mm tread left... the only 2 down sides, theyre black and they have 245/45s on, which are a pain! But they will see me through winter without putting me in a ditch, and then I will look to refurb them silver, and get smaller tyres when these get low!

I got a new car parking dent which was more noticeable than the rest, so got in touch with F1 Dents, I removed all the interior panels, and I needed pretty much every panel seeing too, but was given a very very reasonable price, so went ahead and got this done.
    This this is a panel after he worked his magic:

I cannot recommend F1 Dents enough, and if anyone is in the Bedfordshire region give him a shout! I can put you in touch if you PM me.

The inner chav in me came out, so fitted my sub.

Also picked up an Apex big brake kit from Leon on here for a crate of Peroni, cheers mate!
    Last edited by CEmm; 04-02-2017 at 20:03.

Rides
    Spent a Summer at Pod, Japshow, Japshow Finale and a DWYB in October, hard parking not drifting!

Will let the pictures do the talking.

My mate had a slight crashu with a barrier at DWYB, dont worry its only a ****ing clean PS13 with an unidentified fibreglass kit.

Last edited by CEmm; 04-02-2017 at 19:45.

Rides
    Had some holiday to use before the end of 2016, so took a couple of days of and just tinkered.

Fitted some DW uprated exhaust hangers as the others were probably 20 years old!
    New

Up

Old

My 245/45s were rubbing my arch loom, so cable tied that up, still need to get this through the engine bay!

Changed the front spacers from 3mm one side and 5mm the other to 6mm all round!

Also finally done the pigeon mod, and my god does it sound good! If anything it pops a little too much but the turbo noise is insane!

Also went to Rockingham's Christmas meet on the 27th, was a good day with some Outer Paddock drifting!
    Last edited by CEmm; 04-02-2017 at 19:52.

Rides
    Current Specification List:

FMIC
    Adjustable Suspension Arms
    Air Filter
    Ganador Titanium Catback Exhaust
    Pigeon Mod
    HSD Dualtech Coilovers
    R33 GTR wheels with Bridgestone Potenzas
    Uprated exhaust hangers
    Autometer boost gauge
    KBTV Speedo Converter
    Toad Ai606 Alarm & Immobilizer
    Cobra bucket seats
    ACT Organic HD Clutch - Redline MT90 Gearbox Fluid
    Tomei 90mm Duracon Gearknob

To Do List:
    Fit Apex Brake kit
    Change coolant
    Change fuel filter
    Find a grommet for the engine bay
    Touch up some stone chips
    Fit arch liners when I get smaller profile tyres
    Wire in my dash cam
    Refurb the R33 wheels silver
    Play with my folding mirrors as they are slow and temperamental!
    Last edited by CEmm; 19-03-2017 at 19:33.

Rides
    Following this with interest. I have been considering importing an S14A for a little while. I love my S15, but prefer the S14A shape!

Rides
    Looks clean man! Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rides
    Looks excellent. Hope all those bits were still in it when it landed!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_ View Post
    Following this with interest. I have been considering importing an S14A for a little while. I love my S15, but prefer the S14A shape!
    I had my heart set on a Full aero S15 from Japan, but after looking at a few I really faniced the S14a, dont get me wrong id still love an S15 but chuffed to bits with what I got, and the value of it!

Quote Originally Posted by digby View Post
    Looks clean man! Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cheers mate!

Quote Originally Posted by CMR View Post
    Looks excellent. Hope all those bits were still in it when it landed!
    Luckily the only thing that went missing was the gear knob, but that looked basic anyway so not bothered!

I have heard people's Defis going missing etc, but I think people would notice a catback walking out under someones arm!

Cheers for all the comments guys, I have updated all the text and will upload the pictures when I finish work this evening.

Rides
    Looks great. Looks like you need some front bumper fog light deletes. Was an optional Nissan extra

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish N View Post
    Looks great. Looks like you need some front bumper fog light deletes. Was an optional Nissan extra
    Hey mate, cheers.

I did see some for sale not long ago but decided against them, will look into them again though! Doubt ill find nay genuine

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CEmm View Post
    Hey mate, cheers.

I did see some for sale not long ago but decided against them, will look into them again though! Doubt ill find nay genuine
    I've got some

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish N View Post
    I've got some
    Will I need to remortgage?

Rides
    Updated with photos, couple of pics of daily duties for you all

Rides
    Hey man I recall your car from pod, parked a few cars down from you.
    I was commenting on your Yellow Kings rear quarter emblems, I need these man they look dope
    Cars coming along nicely loving the R33 rims in Black i'd like to do my GTR's

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyCarbonFX View Post
    Hey man I recall your car from pod, parked a few cars down from you.
    I was commenting on your Yellow Kings rear quarter emblems, I need these man they look dope
    Cars coming along nicely loving the R33 rims in Black i'd like to do my GTR's
    Hey mate,

Yeah I remember! Keep your eye out on Croooober (Up Garage) or Yahoo auctions Japan would probably be a better bet.

I love the R33's but they get lost in black and I get the piss taken coz it looks like a LE Corsa!

Rides
    10th February 2017

Dropped my car off to Unit 18 Automotive in Milton Keynes for an alignment. Camber was wayy off all around, and apparently I have a modified steering rack, but they are not sure whats been done, apparently it hasnt been moved forward, but has had some modification with means I have extra lock, which is why my wheels are knocking my coilovers.

I ended with 3 degrees negative on the rear and about the same on the front just to tuck the 245s in the arches. I need 225s but will get them when the 245s are dead!

I need to go back to get the front fully finished and dialed.

20th February 2017

Ordered an ACT organic clutch, which now my suspension and tyres are sorted, my brake upgrade still needs to be fitted, i can so go for more power.

Will be maxing out this turbo, and then probably sourcing a 28r, dont want to chase figures just want reliable boost!

Will post pics when i take some!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CEmm View Post
    10th February 2017

Dropped my car off to Unit 18 Automotive in Milton Keynes for an alignment. Camber was wayy off all around, and apparently I have a modified steering rack, but they are not sure whats been done, apparently it hasnt been moved forward, but has had some modification with means I have extra lock, which is why my wheels are knocking my coilovers.

I ended with 3 degrees negative on the rear and about the same on the front just to tuck the 245s in the arches. I need 225s but will get them when the 245s are dead!

I need to go back to get the front fully finished and dialed.

20th February 2017

Ordered an ACT organic clutch, which now my suspension and tyres are sorted, my brake upgrade still needs to be fitted, i can so go for more power.

Will be maxing out this turbo, and then probably sourcing a 28r, dont want to chase figures just want reliable boost!

Will post pics when i take some!
    Should have a 28r fitted standard on an import 14a

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rich damms View Post
    Should have a 28r fitted standard on an import 14a
    Pretty sure its a standard t28, doesnt boost til 3.5k ish

Found this online